IGNORED

Black screen, no sound with 2600 games PLEASE HELP!

bigguy4ever

I used windex,

Erm... Its normal to use isopropyl alcohol. You want to clean them with a substance that doesn't leave any residue. Search the forum for cart cleaning tips if you aren't sure how to do it.

I try thanks

Just try rubing alcohal and noting.. But my 7800 games are perfect one shot.... It has to be a trick to get it to work with 2600 games...

Thanks

It sounds like you have worse problems than clean contacts then.

Since messing with the color adjustment pot made it go black, you might try cleaning/adjusting it.

IMO it sounds like either the TIA chip has gone mostly bad (still providing audio but no video) or one of the other components between it and the modulator.

This isn't an uncommon issue. It sounds like pins 1,2 and 15,16 on the edge connector are grounding themselves out on pins 18,19 and 31, 32. Look into the edge connector and I think you will see what I mean. Use some precision screwdrivers or a darning needle to seperate them more back towards the plastic of the outside of the connector. You will find this should fix your problem.

Thanks to all helpful hint to getting my 7800 in playing 2600 games....

Dear Shawn Sr.,

What is the oder of the pins numbers... Left to right or up and down,,

I check if there was anything stuck in there, like the guy you helped before... But everything looks in order..

Are we allowed to post pic on this forum, I wanted to take a pic of the my pins and see if all is in order...

I have the 7800 without the expan slot and newer model with the newner pins...

THANKS TO ALL AGIAN

Dear Shawn Sr.,

What is the oder of the pins numbers... Left to right or up and down,,

Looking down at the cart port:

Check, and did the like you told me.... Still nothing but only 7800 games worked.. Took apart the system to check, and found side of unit have a cracked pice that came apart.. Re glued together and put all back together... Took pictures of the pins, to show all pins have clear space between them... May not be clear enough..

Thanks agian

post-25018-126457414612_thumb.jpg

post-25018-126457418343_thumb.jpg

post-25018-126457422043_thumb.jpg

Yes you have proper clearance from those pics. I dunno what the issue could be exacty at this point.

Thanks again for all the help...I guess I got to go shopping for another 7800, and keep this for backup to play only 78000 games....

Thank care to all

Why not just buy a 2600? If you get a light or heavy sixer, (IMHO) the picture is a little brighter than the 7800, some carts fit better into the 2600 slot, and some 2600 games don't run at all on the 7800.

You could play 7800 games on the 7800 and 2600 games on the 2600, that is what I do. Plus there are 2600 games that use the Black and White switch for functions as well as difficulty switches which are inconvenient to access on the 7800. For example, playing Starmaster on the 7800 is a pain.