IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Game 2: Defender

JellE

I know this doesn't count but I wanted to share.

My best ever in this game was 1,716,600 (I quit at level 99+..stops at level 99...and I had 7 lives left)

I seriously doubt I'll be able to reproduce that effort.

What difficulty level was that on :?: (not played yet!)

I've really not played this much before, great fun but you need the keybaord near for the hyperspace (any key) and smart bombs (space bar)!

I think some people will stuggle on Normal dificulty so how about if you are someone who didn't finish in the top 10 from the first game and you didn't finish in the overall top ten from last season you can play on easy and use autofire if you wish to :)

The rest of us should play on Normal or Hard with no autofire :!:

I had a few goes on Easy and scored 18K, one go on Normal 36K, and one go on Hard and managed 87,775 even though I lost all the chappies and the world turned hostile, scarey :ponder:

Got a feeling it's going to be a hectic couple of weeks :)

post-19705-126435793043_thumb.jpg

I know this doesn't count but I wanted to share.

My best ever in this game was 1,716,600 (I quit at level 99+..stops at level 99...and I had 7 lives left)

I seriously doubt I'll be able to reproduce that effort.

What difficulty level was that on :?: (not played yet!)

Normal..it was 10-15 years ago. I wrote it down on my disk sleeve ;)

I've really not played this much before, great fun but you need the keybaord near for the hyperspace (any key) and smart bombs (space bar)!

I think some people will stuggle on Normal dificulty so how about if you are someone who didn't finish in the top 10 from the first game and you didn't finish in the overall top ten from last season you can play on easy and use autofire if you wish to :)

I had a few goes on Easy and scored 18K, one go on Normal 36K, and one go on Hard and managed 87,775 even though I lost all the chappies and the world turned hostile, scarey :ponder:

Yeah, it seems you build the score faster on more difficult levels because the smart bomb acts on more enemies but I guess in the long run easy will produce a better score once you run out of smart bombs. First shot at it in this century and I got 33750 on easy and 48700 on normal. I propose a consistent means of scoring by using easy score in the tally and then doing the following:

Normal: L=1, Hard: L=2 and plug into:

Score' = Score*L*PI/3

So the 48700 would be 50998.

Yeah, it seems you build the score faster on more difficult levels because the smart bomb acts on more enemies but I guess in the long run easy will produce a better score once you run out of smart bombs. First shot at it in this century and I got 33750 on easy and 48700 on normal. I propose a consistent means of scoring by using easy score in the tally and then doing the following:

Score' = Score*L*PI/3

It's the power of L so it's:

Score' = Score*PI^L/3^L

Note that if you let Easy: L=0, then Score' = Score since anything to the power of 0 = 1.

Score' = Score*L*PI/3

Score' = Score*PI^L/3^L

Note that if you let Easy: L=0, then Score' = Score since anything to the power of 0 = 1.

You have so totally lost me... what is PI?

Hmmmm PIe ;)

post-19705-126444656425_thumb.jpg

102,225 (Normal) boy this is one intense game :cool:

I think I get the PI system :ponder: I'd better concentrate on playing and we'll see what happens when we have a table of some sort. Think I will forget hard as normal is hectic enough.

Looks like ZoneRanger and Goochman could be in for some serious points if they still have the old magic!

Score' = Score*L*PI/3

Score' = Score*PI^L/3^L

It's the 16th letter of the Greek alphabet and it's also how many diameters it takes to fit a circle's perimeter computed by people to be about 3.141592653. So given L=0,1,2 (for easy, normal, and hard) the Score to be put in the table would be:

Score' = Score*(3.141592653^L)/3^L. So when L=0, it reduces to Score' = Score.

Score' = Score*L*PI/3

Score' = Score*PI^L/3^L

It's the 16th letter of the Greek alphabet and it's also how many diameters it takes to fit a circle's perimeter computed by people to be about 3.141592653. So given L=0,1,2 (for easy, normal, and hard) the Score to be put in the table would be:

Score' = Score*(3.141592653^L)/3^L. So when L=0, it reduces to Score' = Score.

Okay... having a blonde moment... didn't realize that was what you were doing.