IGNORED

What's the Latest Atari Item You Bought

I've been an avid Atari owner for years, and have several 8-bits and a 1040STF in my collection. I;ve always wanted to add a Mega to my collection, but every time I've seen one on eBay I either did not have any spare change, or they went for more spare change than I had. Imagine my excitement when I noticed not one, but TWO Mega ST 2's for sale recently on the Houston, Texas Craigslist!

For $275, I've picked up...

2 Mega ST 2's with TOS 1.2 - both machines are in proper working order and include the Mega keyboard and STM1 Mice.

2 Atari SC1224 Color Monitors

1 Atari SM124 Mono Monitor

1 Atari MegaFile 30

1 SupraDrive 20

And _BOXES_ of ST software and books.

I'm still going through everything, and I'll be posting a pic soon just to liven things up!

-Brian

My latest is a big one....a milestone in my life infact, however it does not work. I got a Atari Falcon 030 14MB (German and I am in the UK) which I have spent all of yesterday trying to make it bootup at all. Below is a breakdown of what I have done or about to do:

• The hard drive ribbon cable works by supplying voltage and data.
  • I've connected a CF->IDE adapter with a Sandisk Ultra II 4GB card (I have exactly the same in one of my STEs).
  • The floppy drive does nothing, no noises or accessing, but I plugged it into my Win XP PC and it does spin and access, although the green light does not come on (it works though) and no folders appear from the disks.
  • I tested the floppy power conncetor and it supplies 5.02V of power. I do not know yet if the ribbon cable is ok.
  • I have tried two other known working PC floppy drives in the Falcon and both do nothing at all.
  • I am going to try unplugging the 14MB RAM board and use the onboard 4MB instead.
  • I have plugged the video output into a CRT 17" Sony monitor and also used the RF TV output to my 28" CRT TV. Both give the same blank white screen, although the RF TV output has lots of dots floating around the screen, which could be interference as it appears to alter when I move the RF lead. I need to check that again to be sure though.
  • My connected optical mouse via a PeST PS/2 interface is receiving power.
  • The green power LED on the bottom left of the keyboard lights up.
  • The cooling fan works and gradually picks up speed when powered on.

So there you have it....one new excited and proud Falcon owner with a very expensive doorstop at the moment. :( So if anyone can offer help and suggestions to get this bird up and running, I will be so happy I could cry! icon_razz.gif

Oh and Brian, that is a very nice find! I still have one SM124 monitor and love it, despite how tiny the screen is. They give the full Atari experience I feel. :) I don't have any MEGA models but I would like a MEGA STE if one came up locally. A TT would be great too but space at home does not allow this yet. So for now I will stick with my 3x STE and 1x Falcon 030.

My latest is a big one....a milestone in my life infact, however it does not work. I got a Atari Falcon 030 14MB (German and I am in the UK) which I have spent all of yesterday trying to make it bootup at all. Below is a breakdown of what I have done or about to do:....

It sounds not good. May be some bad chip, and fixing it is not easy, often is expensive.

Best what you can do is bringing it to some expert, serviceman.

Last thing I bought way back before I got laid off from work about a year ago. Havn't bought anything since, still trying to recover from the layoff. An Atari banner I didn't really need, but its cool. :cool:

post-18453-126504112651_thumb.jpg

Edited by lp060

Last thing I bought way back before I got laid off from work about a year ago. Havn't bought anything since, still trying to recover from the layoff. An Atari banner I didn't really need, but its cool. :cool:

Heh heh.

I have one of those too, and it's signed by Jack Tramiel.

Heh heh.

I have one of those too, and it's signed by Jack Tramiel.

As long as it's not signed personally for you...like , to/for mellis etc, i am sure that will fetch a tidy sum on evilbay or those autograph buying places like frazers in London's Strand (same place as stanley gibbons, the famous postage stamp place)

I bought a 1040STe, upgraded to 4MB to use as a MIDI workstation, complete with Atari Mono monitor.

I got it from a UK Atari dealer, and it's beautiful! Many STs these days are yellowing and old looking. This one looks absolutely brand new. Not a mark on it. It''s lovely. I'm delighted with it. And he was a pleasure to deal with too...

I bought it from this guy.

• 9 years later...

Reviving this old thread as I like to hear what others have recently purchased. The 8-bit section has one that I post in every so often, just thought the 16/32 bit line needs one.

So to begin the resurrection:

I purchased this Falcon last week for an offer of $825 and free shipping. You may have seen it on eBay. The hard drive does not work, but other than that it appears to be in good shape, except I do not like the black top. Anyone have a top case for sale? I have the mechanical Hard Drive from my first Falcon that I will probably use for awhile, but may change it out for PATA SSD. Not interested in CF card adapter as I would require a slot to change out the CF card and I refuse to modify the case. So, the PATA SSD works for my purposes, my first Falcon has one in it.

post-34424-0-75906400-1559765790_thumb.jpg

post-34424-0-91217900-1559765804_thumb.jpg

post-34424-0-34360900-1559765817_thumb.jpg

post-34424-0-78474200-1559765826_thumb.jpg

Turns out the IDE interface has a problem as I tried a known working drive and same thing happens (regarding Falcon in previous post). The SCSI interface works great. I was able to get a SCSI HD and a SyQuest 44 Drive up and booting with this machine. So not a terrible loss at $825.

Ordered the following from Exxos

1. Diagnostic Cart

2. 2 Video Adapters that supports the Blow Up Software (now that I have two Falcon's).

3. FPU

4. 16 MB upgrade board

5. 16 MB simm

• Like 1

The Sonovista Falcon (i.e. the black top you have there) is actually quite a rare variant of the Falcon, it was used to create visual displays for television programs if I recall correctly, so I would probably keep it like that if I were you. They are pretty rare even by Falcon standards :)

The Sonovista Falcon (i.e. the black top you have there) is actually quite a rare variant of the Falcon, it was used to create visual displays for television programs if I recall correctly, so I would probably keep it like that if I were you. They are pretty rare even by Falcon standards :)

This I did not know. It must all be done with software as I saw no mods on the inside. Seems to be a standard Falcon on the inside. I will have to look at the HD that came with it and see If I can find the software. I have another Falcon that has a working IDE interface I can hook it up to.

I will do as you suggest and keep it this way.