dungeonmaster

What's the Latest Atari Item You Bought

I basically came across an estate sale worth of stuff. A guy "inherited" bunch of Atari hardware and software from a neighbor who passed away a few years ago. It's all been sitting in this guy's basement for years, so I have to do some work to get it all going again. However, the lot includes a TT030, two Falcons (one works OK, the other less-so), a 1040 STf and a 1040 STe (which is basically going to be a parts donor). Plus books, magazines, parts, boxed DTP and desktop environments. Went and picked all up on Memorial Day and am still sorting through it and cleaning stuff up. All for an obscenely low price of $450. Hoping to get a good MIDI machine put together out of all of this and with the help of mail order.

• Like 2

Just made this purchase:

Atari TT030 Computer with Cyrel Sunrise M16-1280 Video Card and with memory upgrades with HD filled with software.

It has an extremely rare Cybercube Research Sunrise M16-1280 Video Card installed.  It also has been upgraded to 10mb of ST RAM and 32mb TT-Fast-RAM.  The 32mb upgrade is a GE Soft Mighty Mic 32 B.  

The TT boots from its Conner 300mb hard drive.  It is filled with tons of TT software.  

It also comes with a 16mb and 4mb TT-RAM working modules. 
A 2mb ST-RAM module is also included
Also, included is an untested TOS 3.06 ROMs.  

The Atari TT030 will come with a power cord.  

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.b742de48e2304324864d93ff38143854.jpg
s-l1602.thumb.jpg.eb7c18f362a3b2911e63b43607e69192.jpg
s-l1601.thumb.png.ae753f31a389f201967610359a1bd91b.png
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not a bad buy.... good luck with the Cyrell card though.  I have one of those and it doesn't always play nice with other software.  Getting it going in Mint in 256 colors has been a bit of an on-off adventure.

Would be curious to see what software was on there, specifically for the Cyrell, but in general.... what treasures may be found there.

Edited by Tillek

33 minutes ago, Tillek said:

Would be curious to see what software was on there, specifically for the Cyrell, but in general.... what treasures may be found there.

It is always fun to root around in what others have done.  It is a beefy machine with 10mg ST ram and 32 mg TT Ram.  I will report back with anything that is more than a curiosity.

56 minutes ago, SoulBuster said:

It is always fun to root around in what others have done.  It is a beefy machine with 10mg ST ram and 32 mg TT Ram.  I will report back with anything that is more than a curiosity.

Yeah, actually, I almost bought that one, but I got a similar setup (with that same card) about five years ago for about half that price and just couldn't bring myself to do it.  That's not to say it isn't worth it... especially since we're now in the era of the Thunder Storm and Lightning....   I just got a good deal before the retro-revolution took hold.  The 10mb ST ram is nice though... mine didn't have that.

Hope there is some great stuff on there.

More importantly, I hope you really have fun with it! ;)

14 hours ago, Tillek said:

Yeah, actually, I almost bought that one, but I got a similar setup (with that same card) about five years ago for about half that price and just couldn't bring myself to do it.  That's not to say it isn't worth it... especially since we're now in the era of the Thunder Storm and Lightning....   I just got a good deal before the retro-revolution took hold.  The 10mb ST ram is nice though... mine didn't have that.

Hope there is some great stuff on there.

More importantly, I hope you really have fun with it! ;)

The same guy has another one on eBay, but it only has 4 MB ST ram and 16mb TT ram, no video card. 

Yeah, I am a bit late to the ST retro goodness. I did not want to spend $2,000 for it, but these are extremely hard find that are US versions. This one is even upgraded generously.  So considering the upgrades, video card and how hard they are to find, I thought I had better go for it while I have the money.

I have little to report on the TT purchase I made as I have not had time to "get into it".

I have booted it.  It  has multi boot software on it with about 30 configurations.  Do not recall the name of the software, but I have not seen it before, which isn't saying much since I only started collecting ST about 3 years ago.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to get the video card to initialize, but no luck yet.  I will try to figure out the multi boot system and add one that includes the Cyrell driver that I got from Exxos' site.

Good question  - but maybe retro computing is not about what buying or similar things.   So, my answer would be: what device, in devices list of popular on market available is what you could purchase is ? Yeah, this is in some way related with why ST was much more  popular in Eu than in US. 

I mean, all what I bought was initiated by simple Tramiel factor - price related with benefit factor.

On 7/25/2019 at 10:19 AM, SoulBuster said:

I have little to report on the TT purchase I made as I have not had time to "get into it".

I have booted it.  It  has multi boot software on it with about 30 configurations.  Do not recall the name of the software, but I have not seen it before, which isn't saying much since I only started collecting ST about 3 years ago.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to get the video card to initialize, but no luck yet.  I will try to figure out the multi boot system and add one that includes the Cyrell driver that I got from Exxos' site.

You got a Cyrell driver from Exxos' site?

... or did we talk about this?

Getting the Cyrell card to boot in regular TOS was easy.  Getting it to boot in MiNT or other configurations with specific other software (very specifically, NVDI, which I'm starting to wonder if that even matters if running a video card as the Cyrell has it's own VDI replacement) ... not so much.

But did you get the actual install disks?  That alone got me working in a "basic" TOS configuration.