IGNORED

Glowing blue USB retro 2600 style joysticks....

Probably shouldn't have because we will hopefully be moving soon and I don't need to be spending extra $$, but I had to snag one of these. I can't imagine playing Adventures of Tron, Tron: Deadly Discs or (most especially) Tronman without one of these! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear that you're so pleased. We're all very proud of our young joysticks going out into the world. ;) How about sending us a couple of pictures with the stick in action? We're thinking of doing a post showing the blue joysticks out in the wild.

Thanks again for getting one, and to everyone else for your support!

I received mine today. Very kick ass. I'll post some action pics.

Glad to hear that you're so pleased. We're all very proud of our young joysticks going out into the world. ;) How about sending us a couple of pictures with the stick in action? We're thinking of doing a post showing the blue joysticks out in the wild.

Thanks again for getting one, and to everyone else for your support!

Got mine today as well. Looks pretty awesome and works perfectly right out of the box. I thought the blue glow would be brighter, but I will have to wait until evening to fairly judge that. Nice work, everyone at RetroThing and Legacy! :)

(Now I definitely want some of these for the 2600--with the same textured surface as the FB2/original sticks. I think that would make the glow refract in some excellent ways as well.)

Gorgeous picture! Is one of those mini SI cocktails the one where you drop a Playstation controller in it to play the updated version of of the game? I've got one of those, but still haven't dug up a bootloader so I can play the Japanese game on my PS2.

I'm wittering on here... thanks for the great photo! Keep 'em coming folks!

Gorgeous picture! Is one of those mini SI cocktails the one where you drop a Playstation controller in it to play the updated version of of the game?

Yup. It's the PS2 Space Invaders controller shell, the Space Invaders Bank, and the Mini Handheld Space Invaders. As for the backdrop, I didn't want my living room wall visible, so, well... I improvised.

Gorgeous picture! Is one of those mini SI cocktails the one where you drop a Playstation controller in it to play the updated version of of the game?

Yup. It's the PS2 Space Invaders controller shell, the Space Invaders Bank, and the Mini Handheld Space Invaders. As for the backdrop, I didn't want my living room wall visible, so, well... I improvised.

That's outstanding! Sounds like the kind of improvisation I have to do all the time for work. Wow. Pants!

Oh, and I forgot to ask - what is it all sitting one? An actual SI cocktail, or did you lay your LCD flat so you could do pics? You did a lot of work!

Edited by gulag picture radio

I still haven't seen mine yet...damn mail, maybe it'll be there today or tomorrow, but eh...I was hopeing it would be here already.

Hey, the disc that comes with it will work on other 2600 games right, it's just a moded emulator to read the controller isn't it? Just checking.

Where are these manufactured? China or USA?

They're made in the USA. The circuit boards are through-hole, which is somewhat of a rarity these days.

For sure rare! I like thru-hole much better than SMT, what a pain to work on. Workable but nothing like thru-hole mounted stuff. Argh, when I can get one of these I definitely will be.

I still haven't seen mine yet...damn mail, maybe it'll be there today or tomorrow, but eh...I was hopeing it would be here already.

Hey, the disc that comes with it will work on other 2600 games right, it's just a moded emulator to read the controller isn't it? Just checking.

It's the regular distribution of Stella. It'll run whatever you throw at it. The stick isn't tied to it in any way. You can use it with other emulators if you'd like to. One of the things you can do if you're a modder is add a couple extra buttons to the case to use it even with modern games.

As for the delivery of the US Mail, well... we all have been there. ;)

Mine came in today. Have it plugged in and it's very nice.

The only complaint I have is one of the four screws in the base is missing.

Are they all made like this?

Isn't that because that screw hole doesn't actually hold anything together? The shape of the board isn't quite rectangular, so it only needs 3 screws to hold it in. The 4th screw would just be unnecessary.

Isn't that because that screw hole doesn't actually hold anything together? The shape of the board isn't quite rectangular, so it only needs 3 screws to hold it in. The 4th screw would just be unnecessary.

You are correct. That particular screw wouldn't be holding the the board at all, I just figured maybe it would hold the base of the stick to the top of the stick. It could be unnecessary I suppose. Thinking of say an old VHS tape, they are held together by 5 screws that hold the base of the tape to the top of the tape. Technically the tape would still work if you had 4 screws in it. But I am thinking that one extra screw just held the tape together better than had it not been there. Wasn't sure if this was how all the sticks were or just mine. The reason I mention it is because it looks like there should be one. The way it is made the top part would accept a screw.

I will look into this. I have gotten one other email from someone that only had three screws in theirs as well. If you should have an extra screw, I'll get in touch and will be happy to mail you one of those teeny tiny screws. Thanks for letting me know.

Yes, mine only had 3 screws as well. Do you think a fourth screw will add stability to it, or are we talking aesthetics mostly?

Actually, it's supposed to have just three screws. It looks better with the illumination. That post can hold a screw if you want it to, but it just looks better over all without it. As far as stability, there is no real difference. I just wanted to double check that we weren't sending out any with four screws - so all the ones out there are three screw jobbers.