IGNORED

Glowing blue USB retro 2600 style joysticks....

I also would like to add a screw to mine also. I think it belongs on it, to make it more sturdy. I do not think it takes away from the look at all. Where can I get two screws? (I ordered two sticks)

any electronics or hardware stores should sell them.

Wow, asking for screws at a hardware store? What a shocking idea. So you mean, people don't have to ask us for another screw that wasn't needed in the first place? They can just go to the hardware store and get a screw for a few cents? What an amazing place, these new stores called hardware stores. ;)

Hey, I was just answering his question.

-Darren-

I also would like to add a screw to mine also. I think it belongs on it, to make it more sturdy. I do not think it takes away from the look at all. Where can I get two screws? (I ordered two sticks)

any electronics or hardware stores should sell them.

Wow, asking for screws at a hardware store? What a shocking idea. So you mean, people don't have to ask us for another screw that wasn't needed in the first place? They can just go to the hardware store and get a screw for a few cents? What an amazing place, these new stores called hardware stores. ;)

I know that it may seem pettily to you, but realistically how easy would it be for one to go find a screw that is the exact size and shape as the supplied ones? I do not wish to hack in any old screw in my joystick.

The board supports up to 12 buttons. Not trivial, the board is meant for a cx-40, but might be able to mod it into a 7800 controller.

http://www.legacyengineer.com/storefront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=87&zenid=85miqnrvot60q8ufgans24dco5

http://www.legacyengineer.com/storefront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=86

Edited by Zoyx

A clear and LED lit case for ANY Atari system would be pretty boss. I think a clear 2600 with some green LED lighting would be sweet. Of course, a set of clear joysticks in 9 pin would be flat out awesome. Though I think most of the members here share that view. I'd be in the market for one, but I don't do much in the way of emulation, as I prefer original hardware. I don't have any particular problem with emulation (as I do emulate arcade stuff), but if I can play hard copy, I do.

I got my two sticks (and a shirt) in the mail Friday, thank you! Awesome stick, works fine (on the three games I have that will play with only one button....like Advance Wars :lol: :P And atari natch)

I need to get a pic of it with a taco in the background while playing some FB2+ at the local Taco place (they got internet, so I hang there a lot :lol: )

Awesome, anyhow....I'm thinking of taking a FB2 stick apart and seeing if the board will line up with teh screws of one of the clear sticksw, it might be cool for a traditional 2600 stick to be clear :D (especially if I can jack power from one of the consoles pins to light the LED, they have a 5v pin I think, if I can ground it to an unused pin without fucking something up :D )

HMmmm....eh...I could put an LED in line with the 5v, and when you push a direction or a button, it would light the LED (though I wonder if the system wouold still get enough of a signal to realise you pushed a button? )

Edited by Video

I got my two sticks (and a shirt) in the mail Friday, thank you! Awesome stick, works fine (on the three games I have that will play with only one button....like Advance Wars :lol: :P And atari natch)

I need to get a pic of it with a taco in the background while playing some FB2+ at the local Taco place (they got internet, so I hang there a lot :lol: )

Awesome, anyhow....I'm thinking of taking a FB2 stick apart and seeing if the board will line up with teh screws of one of the clear sticksw, it might be cool for a traditional 2600 stick to be clear :D (especially if I can jack power from one of the consoles pins to light the LED, they have a 5v pin I think, if I can ground it to an unused pin without fucking something up :D )

HMmmm....eh...I could put an LED in line with the 5v, and when you push a direction or a button, it would light the LED (though I wonder if the system wouold still get enough of a signal to realise you pushed a button? )

Please let us know how the fb2 board works in it. Maybe they will just make another batch of these with 2 buttons for the console.. hint hint ;)

I purchased 2 of these and I will vouch for the construction, top notch.

I installed the Stella on my mac mini running OS 10.5, its a Mactel machine. Everything was functioning properly and the kids seemed to have a pretty good time with it. The next day, not so much, we were unable to get "down" to function. even when we went into the input options and went to map the controllers action to "down" the action was not registering. And like i said this was after a full day of usage from the day before, some 4hrs of usage i guestimate, between the kids time and then my time after they went to bed. I can vouch that the controllers work in MAME games just fine, that night was the first time i ever finished golden ax. but i digress.

So, we just left the controllers aside.

Last night I installed stella from the cd on my work laptop, a dell running xp. it all seemed to function properly. but what I did experience after 20 min of usage was that the blue light went out. then it would come back on, and then it would continue this on and off for the next 15 min. the controller was being dropped from the USB listing as well, the computer would keep finding new hardware when the light came back on. I tried both controllers, same thing.

So, later I installed stella from the cd on my wife's G4 powerbook. this machine is running 10.4. I did not have the issue that I had on the xp machine and all axies were registered. but after 30 min of usage down was again being a problem.

Anyone been using these controllers on OS 10.4 or 10.5?

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Thanks

Kevin

I would suggest trying another USB cable first thing. I hate thos big fat ass B cables. I see why it wasn't hardwired, but an A slot cable would have been better IMO.

No problems for me though, so far, though I'm using all Windows stuff (XP on my Aspireone and Vista on the old Toshiba, need to try my Desktop, it's got 98 on it :lol: )

Hi Kevin,

It might be a cable issue, it might also be a faulty IC chip as well, one of the input pins might be flaking out a bit. This can sometimes happen once a device is in use for a period of time - warms up and then you have materials on a microscopic level shifting, stretching and contracting. So it could be the IC chip within the stick is having a problem.

If it continues - contact the Retrothing guys and you can make arrangements to RMA it directly back to Legacy Engineering and I'll have a look at it and if needed pull the IC and replace it on the board.

Curt

I purchased 2 of these and I will vouch for the construction, top notch.

I installed the Stella on my mac mini running OS 10.5, its a Mactel machine. Everything was functioning properly and the kids seemed to have a pretty good time with it. The next day, not so much, we were unable to get "down" to function. even when we went into the input options and went to map the controllers action to "down" the action was not registering. And like i said this was after a full day of usage from the day before, some 4hrs of usage i guestimate, between the kids time and then my time after they went to bed. I can vouch that the controllers work in MAME games just fine, that night was the first time i ever finished golden ax. but i digress.

So, we just left the controllers aside.

Last night I installed stella from the cd on my work laptop, a dell running xp. it all seemed to function properly. but what I did experience after 20 min of usage was that the blue light went out. then it would come back on, and then it would continue this on and off for the next 15 min. the controller was being dropped from the USB listing as well, the computer would keep finding new hardware when the light came back on. I tried both controllers, same thing.

So, later I installed stella from the cd on my wife's G4 powerbook. this machine is running 10.4. I did not have the issue that I had on the xp machine and all axies were registered. but after 30 min of usage down was again being a problem.

Anyone been using these controllers on OS 10.4 or 10.5?

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Thanks

Kevin

I would suggest to Legacy (or retrothing, or whoever) that if they makeanother run of these, please put an A socket onto the controller as well. I know the A-A cords aren't quiet as common, but they sure are a lot more stable.

Just wiggle the thing and see how much play the B plug has as opposed to the A plug.

Heh, Steala's cool, workedgreat with mine so far, and I finely got around to getting a pic, it's hard to see the blue light though :(

[edut] oops, sorry for the giant ass pic, and thatwas after I shrunk it too :lol: Someone did ask about where I got it, and I told them where to go, they said they thought it was cool that Sega made a clear joystick..... :x (bastids)

post-3102-12679112998_thumb.jpg

Edited by Video

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest to Legacy (or retrothing, or whoever) that if they makeanother run of these, please put an A socket onto the controller as well. I know the A-A cords aren't quiet as common, but they sure are a lot more stable.

Just wiggle the thing and see how much play the B plug has as opposed to the A plug.

Heh, Steala's cool, workedgreat with mine so far, and I finely got around to getting a pic, it's hard to see the blue light though :(

[edut] oops, sorry for the giant ass pic, and thatwas after I shrunk it too :lol: Someone did ask about where I got it, and I told them where to go, they said they thought it was cool that Sega made a clear joystick..... :x (bastids)

Greetings, Atarians. I won the USB Joystick at Atari party at UC DAVIS. Stella worked perfectly except for Space Invaders on my EMachine T6520. ProSystem emulator for the Atari 7800 was so-so. It was difficult to get

the controller to work. Every HASBRO Interactive Atari Arcade 1 and 2 game worked perfectly. The blue

neon is awesome. My picture is not as impressive as the laptop pic, but I am a bit of a PACRAT.post-25884-126931728293_thumb.jpg

post-25884-126931751569_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mii

Are any of the vendors going to be offering these for sale at the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend?

I was hoping to see some there myself. :D I didn't spot any, I guess that no one wants to let theirs go. I did see a couple of our T-shirt tho, which made me feel really good.

Missed opportunity imho. Captive audience willing to spend $. I know I was prepared to buy one. Now I'll have to do the online thing when I get around to it...

Are any of the vendors going to be offering these for sale at the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend?

I was hoping to see some there myself. :D I didn't spot any, I guess that no one wants to let theirs go. I did see a couple of our T-shirt tho, which made me feel really good.

Missed opportunity imho. Captive audience willing to spend $. I know I was prepared to buy one. Now I'll have to do the online thing when I get around to it...

Well, you don't have to tell me. ;) We're waiting on a shipment of a crucial component in order to make some more. The sticks sold out really fast, and we weren't expecting this chip issue to come up. I'll let you guys know when/if we'll have additional sticks to order.

• 8 months later...