IGNORED

Glowing blue USB retro 2600 style joysticks....

In case anyone is interested, RetroThing is now offering their clear plastic, blue glowing USB 2600 style joysticks -

http://www.retrothing.com/2010/01/limited-edition-clear-usb-joystick.html

http://www.reflexaudio.com/products_joystick.htm

They worked with Legacy to come up with the design, and they certainly do look sweet.

post-160-126474520914_thumb.jpg

Edited by wgungfu

Wow. I've heard of this from Curt--but to see the actual thing lit up is another experience entirely! Excellent! It looks fantastic, and I will hopefully be getting one as well. :) And I second jahfish's desire to get a couple of these rewired to match 2600-enabled controllers. Is that possible or hard? I think one of our intrepid AA programmers needs to work on a Tron: Legacy 2600 game that we can pitch as part of a package to Disney, along with one of these joysticks, for a limited edition package. :)

Why stop with the joystick. Someone make a case mod for a 2600 like this. Clear with lights...

Hell yeah, most modern systems can have the case replaced with another color (or clear) I want one for the 2600, crystal clear, and a controller too, just so you can see all the guts. (lighting might be cool, but just a transparent system would be awesome IMO)

Bohus from Retro Thing here. Glad to see that you guys like the stick! They really are sweet looking in person. I even brought them to a professional suare this weekend, and it was great to see all these local executives melt before it! It's a limited edition, so if you're interested you should swing over to Retro Thing and checkit out. Oh, and as for rewiring it to work with a real Atari, I have a feeling that would be possible. Looking at the PCB I think it would't even be that difficult... but I'm not the expert.

Thanks for your support everybody!

Something like this?

post-23-126529606809_thumb.jpg

This was just a one off... don't get hopeful they'll come out like this, this was just done a favor for me from the factory as I keep a system in crystal for each product released, I have a crystal clear FB1 as well which I've brought out to shows. I don't really care for the orange ring on the transparent plastic, doesn't look right, should've been left all clear instead.

Curt

Why stop with the joystick. Someone make a case mod for a 2600 like this. Clear with lights...

Hell yeah, most modern systems can have the case replaced with another color (or clear) I want one for the 2600, crystal clear, and a controller too, just so you can see all the guts. (lighting might be cool, but just a transparent system would be awesome IMO)

Oh my gosh!!! :lust: That is totally amazing. Unfortunate that those couldn't be a limited edition or something...! That transparent case looks great, Curt. Is there any way you're thinking about doing the transparent joysticks for use on the regular 2600? (Apart from the USB sticks done with Retrothing.)

I'm talking with Albert about a potential product for Atariage that would be a standard joystick, no USB electronics, we'll see...

Curt

Oh my gosh!!! :lust: That is totally amazing. Unfortunate that those couldn't be a limited edition or something...! That transparent case looks great, Curt. Is there any way you're thinking about doing the transparent joysticks for use on the regular 2600? (Apart from the USB sticks done with Retrothing.)

Great idea! I would buy both! :thumbsup:

Something like this?

post-23-126529606809_thumb.jpg

This was just a one off... don't get hopeful they'll come out like this, this was just done a favor for me from the factory as I keep a system in crystal for each product released, I have a crystal clear FB1 as well which I've brought out to shows. I don't really care for the orange ring on the transparent plastic, doesn't look right, should've been left all clear instead.

Curt

That is frekkin awesome! Love that clear case more than anything else. imho the only thing better would be a glowing blue/red clear Genesis model 1. But that'll never happen. :P

This would definitely be the pride of my collection (for gaming, still can't top my Tektronix 4052 on the computer side).