IGNORED

Release of 'seitensprung V0.15' (5th place ABBUC SC)

Irgendwer

Interesting.... I had a small problem to find Keyboard commands for this ASCII viewer. So I thought about putting them here.

This is from the README.TXT on the atr.

Keyboard-Commands

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Directory/Load-Mode:

1-8: Displays the directory of the chosen drive (D1: - D8:). In this mode you are able to use the TAB-key, to make a selection out of the displayed files.

A following hit on the [Return]-key will load the selected file.

Please note: If the file has 'EFF' as extension, it will be loaded as new font and the directory display will update afterwards. You need to reload a text if you change the font, as a new rendering must take place due to new font metrics anyway.

'seitensprung' has a font size restriction of 6.5 kB.

General Keys:

Use the 'Minus-key' ([Cursor Up]-key without [Control]) to scroll one line upwards.

Use the 'Equal-key' ([Cursor Down]-key without [Control]) to scroll one line downwards.

The additional use of the [shift]-shift key scrols page-wise.

(Page-wise scrolling upwards is unsupported in this version!)

Warning! Using this keys in emulators may lead to problems. Some keys on some keyboards need the usage of the [Alt] or e.g. [Alt Gr] key. This seems to cause problems in 'Atar800Win Plus' due to loosing the window focus. The emulator is not willing to accept other keys until the focus is reestablished by changing the focus to an other window and back!

Display

»»»»»»»

The upper and lower border indicates by its look if the text is fully visible or if some parts are outside of the screen area.

• 2 months later...

The readme.txt in this atr hints at a newer version might be in the works.

ASCII text viewer for Atari and/or Emulator.

Any hope for the newest version.

This project is not died, but on hold now (also due to the low feedback).

Any update will be published here first.

CU

Irgendwer

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Feature request:

- please support cursor keys+joystick for file selection & scrolling

- include readme/key description into program itself

Bug: Sometimes the blue DLI skips, so the whole screen becomes blue until you reacht the first/last page again.

Edited by JAC!

• 2 years later...

Since the last update, I often thought about increasing the speed a little bit more.

To make a long story short, I 'tweaked' the font format three times, with the following result:

• the format is now final and very sophisticated (ok, some would say 'rather strange' ;) )
  • increased inherent compression of fonts by 5-10%
    Please note: This results in a usable smaller run time memory footprint, as the font-data is extracted 'on-the-fly' and not depacked/enlarged before printing. (There is potential for even a little bit more compression, if the packer gets 'cleverer'.)
  • Code/data size is a little bit bigger (still very memory friendly, no aligned/pre-shifted characters), but output speed has nearly doubled!!!
    (And this is really the final routine as I see no further potential for any detectable speed increase without a huge blow up of data/code.)
  • Just added one font in two sizes.

Please find attached the latest version, reflecting these changes plus some minor issues fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaoIEwS_l1M

PS: I hear you 'JAC!'. In the next version I go for comfort instead of keeping the big text buffer. So this is the last version where the 'Mutiny'-example can be loaded fully as single file.

seitensprungV0.2.zip

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 3