IGNORED

Help setting up an Intellivision Emu...

CGQuarterly

Hi,

I've never owned an Intelly before, but I would like to participate in the Intellivision HSC. I got an emulator all set up, except for the controller config. Since I have never owned the actual console, I'm not sure what buttons are supposed to do what, etc. I am hoping that someone who playing the Intellivision via emulation can tell me how they have their controller buttons mapped, just to get me started.

Thanks!

Chris

Hi,

I've never owned an Intelly before, but I would like to participate in the Intellivision HSC. I got an emulator all set up, except for the controller config. Since I have never owned the actual console, I'm not sure what buttons are supposed to do what, etc. I am hoping that someone who playing the Intellivision via emulation can tell me how they have their controller buttons mapped, just to get me started.

Thanks!

Chris

i wish you all the best,but this is why i don't mess with emulation.cause i havent a clue :D

Well that's what I was going to do, but I don't even know what buttons are what. It asked me to map the "top action button" or something like that and I don't even know what that is.

So the INTV controller has a direction pad (obviously), one fire button, and a 0-9 keypad?

EDIT: I just looked up a picture of one, and it looks like there are two buttons on one side, and one on the other, in addition to "clear" and "enter" buttons on the keypad. Am I missing anything else?

Chris

Edited by Jibbajaba

Just use Nostalgia 5.0

Go to the joystick input options page.

It's pretty easy to setup.

I changed the buttons for: top:Z Left:X Right:C (the first 3 lines in the image below)

Both top buttons are map to the same one.

So basically, you use the keypad numbers to enter the skill level and number of players.

You might have to press ENTER on the keypad to validate your entry, but not always.

Of course this is not recommended to play baseball for example!

For example, in BurgerTime, click 2 to start the game at skill level = 2 then enter 1 when prompted for the number of players then press ENTER.

controls.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow... I didn't realize there WAS a 5.0 release. I've been using 4.2 forever.

Grabbed it and I have to say that I LOVE being able to play AD&D Tarmin on a real full screen! :D :love: :D

Anyone know any emulator i can use a real intellivision controller on? I have this thing called a blissbox. See it here Blissbox Homepagehttp://spawnlinux.dyndns.org/Bliss-Box .... It basically allows you to use just about any console controller on a pc....

My problem is that Nostalgia only recognizes the first movement on the controller. So if you press the top action button it shoudl read Button 1 + Button 2, but instead it only read Button 1, and On the 2,5,8,0 buttons it should just read a direction like up down left right, but it doesn't even recognize the directions...

So I also tried Bliss. Bliss almost worked.. It looked good when I learned everything in and it recognized it right, but then when playing the actual game if I pressed enter which should be Button 1 + left it saw the button 1 first and did that action....

Any help would be appreciated...

I've never really found an Intellivision emulator that truly runs properly and gives the real feel of an Intellivision. Without being able to use an analog joystick that simulates all 16 directions the Inty controller was capable of you're never going to be close to a real system. Just my personal opinion... :ponder:

I've never really found an Intellivision emulator that truly runs properly and gives the real feel of an Intellivision. Without being able to use an analog joystick that simulates all 16 directions the Inty controller was capable of you're never going to be close to a real system. Just my personal opinion... :ponder:

Well I am starting to believe you... Bliss is just so close..... i am planning on trying a couple others and see if they work better.... Anybody have any luck getting IT working on mess???

I've never understood why all the Inty emulators I've seen map the disk pad to keyboard keys. You need 16 directions to properly emulate an Inty disk and there's no way to do that with a keyboard. Now using a usb analog joystick like the 360 controller this should be easy, but they don't seem to do it properly that way for some reason... :roll:

Edited by rxd