IGNORED

Retrogaming Times Monthly is up!

InfernalKeith

http://www.retrogamingtimes.com/rtm69/#pressplay

I wrote a column this month on saving (for posterity) games written in TI BASIC that load their data from separate cassette files. I review Atlantis and Hordes, and set myself up for another project for next month as I promise to try to move these games to disk, and into the world of emulation.

• Like 1

Neat you met the guy behind Not Polyoptics. I bought some Japanese wargame by them from a computer store. Think it was priated since it didn't contain a black, unlabeled cassette. The manual seemed quite a bit photocopied more than expected. Remember playing the cassette in my mom's '88 Isuzu Trooper 2.

Neat you met the guy behind Not Polyoptics. I bought some Japanese wargame by them from a computer store. Think it was priated since it didn't contain a black, unlabeled cassette. The manual seemed quite a bit photocopied more than expected. Remember playing the cassette in my mom's '88 Isuzu Trooper 2.

Mu eight-year-old son recently noticed the sound of the TI loading tapes in, and asked what the noise was. I explained that it was how the computer loaded and saved the information to make the program work, and he stood and listened for a little longer, and said "can I have one of those tapes to listen to in my room? I like how that sounds!"

I actually enjoy the sound, too, but I think it has more to do with TI memories than its actual tonal qualities. :)

It'd be hard to tell if it was a pirated copy or not - I know that stores and mail order places were known to pirate and sell software. Since the "original packaging" often consisted of a photocopied manual and a Ziploc bag, it was easy to do.