IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

I thought i would share some of my recent Intellivision purchases and great deals i have made recently. If anybody else wants to share their deals go on ahead.

I'll start with the reason i am back into Intellivision gaming to begin with. I haven't owned an Intellivision in 20+ years and roughly 1 month ago i purchased an Intellivision II with 25 games for around $47 from a seller on another site. Now i'm back into the Intellivision harcore. Maybe even more hardcore than when i owned my first one as a kid. And i just got my income tax money back and i have gone on a compulsive buying spree. I have a bad addiction for buying games and i can't stop lol.

"I don't have all these items yet, some i bought as recently as last night"

All Prices are shipped

Ebay deals:

The Intellivision I i posted about in the other thread $26.50

A 19 game lot that includes Dracula and Nova Blast $14.20

Slam Dunk Super Pro Basketball $12.38

Buzz Bombers and He Man $5.47

Royal Dealer "complete" and World Championship Baseball $14.42

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons "shrink wrapped" $5.50

Qbert & Frogger $6.99

Gamegavel deals:

Diner $27.00

Pac-Man "white label" $5.00

Half.com:

Tropical Trouble "with box and overlays" $8.74

A purchase i just made off of Atari2600.com which is still pending:

Atlantis, Chip Shot Super Pro Golf, Mission X, 1 pair of Sticklers(joysticks for the INTV), and Centipede for the Atari 2600 $19.86

From a seller on another site:

Demon Attack, Shark! Shark!, Thunder Castle and Tron Deadly discs $28

Will my madness ever end? Maybe soon, i'm getting down to only wanting a few more games. lol

• Like 3

Aha, now I know who outbid me on a certain auction! :cool:

The Intellivision is definitely a seductive system to collect for, since:

• the library is just small enough so that you can reasonably expect to complete your collection;
  • the games are mostly affordable, and very few of them are total junk;
  • they come with all kinds of extra stuff (like overlays) that enhance the experience;
  • the control scheme is difficult to recapture through emulation.

I find that if you don't insist on having everything CIB, you can get most games cheaply. When I first got my Intellivision II, it came with 50+ loose carts, including a few rare ones, and most of which included manuals and overlays (where appropriate). I've added about 20-25 games to that total since, and seldom have I spent more than a couple bucks per cart.

Having said that, I think I'm approaching the point where I have almost all the games I want to actively seek out -- I'm not so interested in accumulating the remaining board games and INTV sports titles I don't have, nor am I interested in paying top dollar for the rarest third-party titles, most of which are allegedly lousy anyway (Tutankham, Congo Bongo, Turbo, et al.).

I have some extra carts, and am hoping to trade sometime soon for a few of the interesting games I don't have (mostly INTV, Imagic, and Activision titles). And I'll buy homebrews that become available. Otherwise, though, I'd probably be wisest to save up for a Cuttle Cart 3, and/or spend more time with the games I already have and haven't fully explored.

Edited by thegoldenband

I bought an Intellivision II and an Intellivision III from someone with a whole box of carts (about 40) for $30. The IntII didn't have a power supply and the IntIII didn't work. I got another IntII off ebay for $25. It works and has a power supply but the controllers are messed up. I swapped controllers and voila- I have a working IntII with spare parts and a whole bunch of games for $55. I think it was an OK deal, but my wife thinks I spent about $55 too much. :)

Keep playing

Cat

I kind of did the same thing but for a different reason. Even though i bought that Intellivision II and lot of games, they very next day i bought another Intellivision II off Ebay for $25. But i bought it because i am thinking ahead to the future and wanted to make sure i had an extra power supply and an extra set of controllers. I'd hate to think how hard it might be to find replacement parts in another 10-20 years.

Both systems had a bad controller so i really only have one good set. So i'm still wanting another set of controllers for the future.

The game i want most of all is Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling, a game i owned years ago. But i don't want to pay the going price for it. If you go by the rarity guides they say it goes for $25-$60 loose. It always goes for more than that on Ebay.

Are you serious? I bought this game new and still have it complete in the box. In fact I play it once in a while and make my thumbs bleed pushing all the different buttons.

I love that game, one of the best for the Intv IMHO. I had no idea it was so sought after.

The game i want most of all is Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling, a game i owned years ago. But i don't want to pay the going price for it. If you go by the rarity guides they say it goes for $25-$60 loose. It always goes for more than that on Ebay.

Are you serious? I bought this game new and still have it complete in the box. In fact I play it once in a while and make my thumbs bleed pushing all the different buttons.

I love that game, one of the best for the Intv IMHO. I had no idea it was so sought after.

A copy complete in box is worth close to $200. :lust:

I'll never complete my Intelli Collection just because I refuse to pay the prices for my last 4-5 games I need.

And Im not talking about the stupid prices for the homebrews.

Thats why I selling off everything I have..Its all or nothing anymore.

Will I miss it yeah, abit.

But just dont get time to enjoy it anymore.

One great thing I've found about Intellivision collecting is that it's not as well-known a system as a 2600 or an NES is. I've picked up many hard-to-find INTV games at dirt cheap prices from flea markets, thrift stores & junk shops because they either don't know Intellivision or they confuse the carts for 2600 games.

So I've snagged a few good Intellivision deals in my hunting. Nothing as good as getting Diner, Pole Position, Dig Dug & Tower of Doom for $4 a piece (+shipping) like one lucky Ebay watcher (not me) recently scooped up, but I guess I can't complain.

Edited by Smatchmo

One great thing I've found about Intellivision collecting is that it's not as well-known a system as a 2600 or an NES is. I've picked up many hard-to-find INTV games at dirt cheap prices from flea markets, thrift stores & junk shops because they either don't know Intellivision or they confuse the carts for 2600 games.

So I've snagged a few good Intellivision deals in my hunting. Nothing as good as getting Diner, Pole Position, Dig Dug & Tower of Doom for $4 a piece (+shipping) like one lucky Ebay watcher recently scooped up, but I guess I can't complain.

Shoot i missed that auction today. You did good. Looks like all the good games have been bought already. I was snoozing. I was searching for other stuff. :roll:

I'll never complete my Intelli Collection just because I refuse to pay the prices for my last 4-5 games I need.

And Im not talking about the stupid prices for the homebrews.

Thats why I selling off everything I have..Its all or nothing anymore.

Will I miss it yeah, abit.

But just dont get time to enjoy it anymore.

when are you selling your stuff....stop teasing :lust:

Just got my Intellivision I traded for today. It's a tad larger than I imagined, and it may cause me to move my gaming area again. But it's a neat looking system, with those biege plates and the woodgrain finish makes it an atractive little machine. I've also got the box, user manual, and Intellivoice module. I've also got a Space Battle cartridge coming in the mail. Looks like I'm all set :).

I've always wondered if I should give the intellivision second chance. Back in the day, my cousin had one, and I remember hating the controllers and it was kind of boring when all he had was most of the sports titles which I wasn't into then. Since I gave the Atari 5200 a second chance despite its controllers, maybe I should for the INTV. I'm not in a console buying mode at the moment though.

Just got my Intellivision I traded for today. It's a tad larger than I imagined, and it may cause me to move my gaming area again. But it's a neat looking system, with those biege plates and the woodgrain finish makes it an atractive little machine. I've also got the box, user manual, and Intellivoice module. I've also got a Space Battle cartridge coming in the mail. Looks like I'm all set :).

you need to hurry and get burgertime for the contest ;)

I've always wondered if I should give the intellivision second chance. Back in the day, my cousin had one, and I remember hating the controllers and it was kind of boring when all he had was most of the sports titles which I wasn't into then. Since I gave the Atari 5200 a second chance despite its controllers, maybe I should for the INTV. I'm not in a console buying mode at the moment though.

get one if you have a chance,its a great system.

Sports was one area intellivision did well in. Obviously not being into sports games would of hurt your view of the system but intellivision also had above average RPG games as well as good non-sport 2 player games.

Also if the controller was a problem maybe emulation might work good for you since you are not in a console buying mode anyway.

Qbert & Frogger $6.99

You got a great deal buddy!

So I've snagged a few good Intellivision deals in my hunting. Nothing as good as getting Diner, Pole Position, Dig Dug & Tower of Doom for $4 a piece (+shipping) like one lucky Ebay watcher (not me) recently scooped up, but I guess I can't complain.

I am lucky enough to own all of these too (except Pole Position) I snatched for $7 a piece at a local store called Destiny Games, all complete too. You got a great deal!

YES! Its not something you can compare to an Atari or a Colecovision, they are all worlds of their own, but I will say this:

The Intellivision is super fun to collect for, there is tons of hardward for it, and it has a lot of very fun games that were not released outside of the system, like Tower of Doom, Thunder Castle, Utopia, and Shark! Shark! for example (not to mention all the great Imagic games!)

It may have an awkward and sometimes horribly uncomfortable controller, but you get used to it, and the quality of some of the games totally make up for it!

---

Some snags I have been lucky to make:

Fathom, complete and (probably re)sealed mint for $7

Congo Bong Complete and (probably re)sealed mint for $79

Plus a ton of other harder to find games like Diner, Dig Dug, Tower of Doom, Pac Man, Centipede, Thunder Castle, Dreadnaught Factor, Grid Runner, Tropical Trouble and a ton of others all complete and re sealed for $7 each.

I also got a boxed ECS and Music Synthesizer for just $25 each!

I'll eventually post a good pic of my Intv collection in the forum.

Qbert & Frogger $6.99

You got a great deal buddy!

I am lucky enough to own all of these too (except Pole Position) I snatched for $7 a piece at a local store called Destiny Games, all complete too. You got a great deal!

grid runner??? what system is that on?

btw,nice deals you got there.

YES! Its not something you can compare to an Atari or a Colecovision, they are all worlds of their own, but I will say this:

The Intellivision is super fun to collect for, there is tons of hardward for it, and it has a lot of very fun games that were not released outside of the system, like Tower of Doom, Thunder Castle, Utopia, and Shark! Shark! for example (not to mention all the great Imagic games!)

It may have an awkward and sometimes horribly uncomfortable controller, but you get used to it, and the quality of some of the games totally make up for it!

---

Some snags I have been lucky to make:

Fathom, complete and (probably re)sealed mint for $7

Congo Bong Complete and (probably re)sealed mint for $79

Plus a ton of other harder to find games like Diner, Dig Dug, Tower of Doom, Pac Man, Centipede, Thunder Castle, Dreadnaught Factor, Grid Runner, Tropical Trouble and a ton of others all complete and re sealed for $7 each.

I also got a boxed ECS and Music Synthesizer for just $25 each!

I'll eventually post a good pic of my Intv collection in the forum.

I am not lucky enough to have a store near me that sells Intellivision stuff. Even our local flea markets never have anything. Best i got is a Bookstore 30-40 miles away that sells video games for cheap sometimes. I got some Atari commons there for $.50-$1.00. But still no Intellivision stuff. I have to rely on Ebay or a deal on these Buy Sell/Marketplace message boards and hope to get lucky. I guess i live in a bad area for having so much love for the Intellivision.

Very few if any of the used game stores around here carry Intv games which is why I've only had 12 until recently. I just won a lot of 25 games from evilbay for $10. The bad part is I only wanted 2 of them but they were worth the price. Shark! Shark! and Thunder Castle.