IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

I just bought a pair of Intellivision II controllers off the same guy yesterday, so i guess it will be a while before i get mine as well. I owned a set of those Joystick add-ons (or ones that look identical) when i was a kid. I thought they were cool but didn't respond well. I also just bought the Stickler ones from Atari2600.com and i didn't like those either.

This is the second time in a month i have bought Intellivision stuff off someone from Venezuela. It said 25 business days. It's only been 21 regular days so far. Still waiting.

I just bought a pair of Intellivision II controllers off the same guy yesterday, so i guess it will be a while before i get mine as well. I owned a set of those Joystick add-ons (or ones that look identical) when i was a kid. I thought they were cool but didn't respond well. I also just bought the Stickler ones from Atari2600.com and i didn't like those either.

This is the second time in a month i have bought Intellivision stuff off someone from Venezuela. It said 25 business days. It's only been 21 regular days so far. Still waiting.

i think i bought from the same guy too....it eventually does show up!

dude,if i was you i would get a full refund no matter what.send that crap back.there is no excuse for this!

I understand what you and the others are saying, but here are the factors that motivated me to "settle" for a 50% refund. First, I did manage to get a few rare or semi-rare games from that lot (Dig Dug, an extra Diner, Atarisoft Centipede, etc), so it wasn't a total loss for me. Second (and perhaps more important), now that I have these neglected but semi-rare pieces of hardware in my possession, I somehow can't help but think that I can save them. I don't have a lot of money, but getting that money back wouldn't be worth it to me if it would mean knowing that, if I send the lot back, the guy is either going to throw it away, or he'll just resell it to someone else who doesn't care about it as much, and that person will throw it away.

As I understand it, sending the lot back would be one of eBay's requirements if I went to them for a full refund, which created a dilemma: I don't want to send it back to be thrown out, but I don't feel that it's fair for me to be stuck paying full price given how much work it will be to repair the items (if they can be repaired), especially since the seller was dishonest about their condition. This is why I wrote the seller for a 50% refund first. I guess I'll have to decide what to do if he doesn't follow through (which I'm almost certain that he won't).

Man I would have been riled up, if he sent me Water damaged Goods. :x Did he give you a refund Yet???

• Like 1

Man I would have been riled up, if he sent me Water damaged Goods. :x Did he give you a refund Yet???

We've been talking back and forth, and he finally gave me a partial refund. He also agreed to send me the Thunder Castle cartridge, which he "found" shortly after I mentioned to him that it was supposed to be included in the lot. In the meantime, I've been working on repairing the ECS.

On a happier note, I now have another, much nicer ECS (this one complete and in the box), along with a decent selection of boxed games. Pictures posted below!

I just picked up ...all loose...

Commando

Dracula

Pole Position

all nice labels...

$5.98 from a local game shop..... :D

Well, I've already got the other two, but Pole Position for $5.98?! I'm jealous!

I picked all three up for a total of $5.98

I can not help, but say this...I do not have an Intellivision. I have about 40 games and keep on buying them.....

I am adicted to buying old games....does anyone need these...and would it be fair to mark them up...as I bought them knowing the prices on ebay are far more than $1.98 a piece?

If it is fair to mark them up what is a fair price as they are loose?

Keep in mind I do understand this is not the marketplace so these are not for sale....

These are not for sale....just open for suggestions.... :D

Well, after over a month of waiting, I finally managed to procure a working Intellivision Computer Module, this one new and sealed in the box! Since it's such a collector's item, and since one doesn't often get to open a box of video game hardware that hasn't seen the light of day since 1983, I thought I'd share some "unboxing pictures":

First, the box itself:

ecsbox_small.jpg

And the collection of smaller boxes inside it:

ecsboxopen_small.jpg

Here is the computer module itself, still "under wraps":

ecsunderwraps_small.jpg

And here it is out in the open!

ecsopen1_small.jpgecsrear_small.jpg

ecsopen2_small.jpgecsjacks_small.jpg

ecsunder_small.jpg

After working on the badly neglected computer module I received earlier, it's refreshing to see one in such nice condition.

Here is the keyboard, in and out of its box:

ecskeyboard1_small.jpgecskeyboard2_small.jpg

And here it is, out in the open:

ecskeyboard3_small.jpgecskeyboard4_small.jpg

Here's the AC adapter, which was in the third of the small boxes (the fourth and smallest box was an empty cardboard spacer):

ecsacadapter_small.jpg

And, because I'm one of those people who can't get an item like this without opening it up and looking at its guts, here is an inside look at the computer module, with the top cover and RF shield removed:

ecsinside_small.jpg

Interestingly, this computer module does not include the 26-pin expansion connector (J9) that my other computer module has. The connector is accessible from the outside through a removable panel on the top cover, but this panel was hot-glued shut on both of my computer modules. I guess Mattel started leaving out the connector after they decided they wouldn't release any peripherals for it. Ah, the unrealized possibilities ...

Finally, here's the computer module teamed up with my Intellivision II, making my first complete Mattel Intellivision Entertainment Computer System! Time to play some Mind Strike!

ecsintv2.jpg

• Like 1

I picked all three up for a total of $5.98

I can not help, but say this...I do not have an Intellivision. I have about 40 games and keep on buying them.....

I am adicted to buying old games....does anyone need these...and would it be fair to mark them up...as I bought them knowing the prices on ebay are far more than $1.98 a piece?

If it is fair to mark them up what is a fair price as they are loose?

Keep in mind I do understand this is not the marketplace so these are not for sale....

These are not for sale....just open for suggestions.... :D

I think you'll be able to sell all three fairly easily, especially Commando and Pole Position, as those are later and somewhat rarer releases. The rarity guides mentioned earlier in this thread (RarityGuide.com, Digital Press, and Tomorrow's Heroes) price Pole Position at $30 for a loose copy and Commando at $35 for a loose copy, which seems reasonable to me, although I've seen both sell for higher amounts on eBay in the past. I'd certainly be interested in the Pole Position if you decide you want to sell it. :)

I'm somewhat jealous of some of your finds, but also a little shocked nobody has hit up local Bargain centers and Goodwills, I can usually get as many INTV consoles (in varying conditions) and loose carts, but anything post 85, good luck :( (Usually 25+ games and console goes for 5-10$ most of the time)

I'm somewhat jealous of some of your finds, but also a little shocked nobody has hit up local Bargain centers and Goodwills, I can usually get as many INTV consoles (in varying conditions) and loose carts, but anything post 85, good luck :( (Usually 25+ games and console goes for 5-10$ most of the time)

I guess it depends on what part of the country you're in. I check the few local secondhand stores that there are in my area, but I hardly ever see old video game stuff. All I ever find is a Nintendo 64 or a yellowed SNES every once in a while, or more frequently, a Genesis with about six different football games (I'm starting to think ESPN released that system and not Sega).

lol only good ESPN sport title on the Genesis was ESPN's Baseball Tonight. :)

If you say so; I'm not big on sports and don't care much for sports games (unless they're Intellivision Super Pro sports games, of course). :)

Speaking of which ... I guess I should have mentioned that I got a few games along with my computer module, as well as an Intellivoice and three of the four Intellivoice games:

intvboxes.jpg

Many of these are duplicates, but it did let me "upgrade" some of my games to CIB. The new games in the lot brought my total Intellivision collection to 78 unique titles, shown together here:

intvcollection0305.jpg

Now, if only I had a nice box to keep them in. I've seen those cartridge organizers that hold up to a dozen games, but did anybody ever make one large enough to hold this many at once? :lol:

I have one I've had since 1980 that was made specifically for the INTV system (perfect size slots for the cartridges, and a side slot for overlays/cartridges, but it only held like 28 games in it (we even stacked them on top of the unit during the 80s :) Other than that one, I haven't seen any made that would hold INTV games well.

I have one I've had since 1980 that was made specifically for the INTV system (perfect size slots for the cartridges, and a side slot for overlays/cartridges, but it only held like 28 games in it (we even stacked them on top of the unit during the 80s :) Other than that one, I haven't seen any made that would hold INTV games well.

Yeah, most of the cartridge holders from "back in the day" were all designed for Atari cartridges. I'm not happy with using a Rubbermaid tub, and I don't really want to use a bunch of dusty old faux-woodgrain plastic organizers, so I'm probably going to have to break out the woodworking tools and design something specifically for the Intellivision cartridges and overlays.

lol only good ESPN sport title on the Genesis was ESPN's Baseball Tonight. :)

If you say so; I'm not big on sports and don't care much for sports games (unless they're Intellivision Super Pro sports games, of course). :)

Speaking of which ... I guess I should have mentioned that I got a few games along with my computer module, as well as an Intellivoice and three of the four Intellivoice games:

post-3819-126785201651_thumb.jpg

Many of these are duplicates, but it did let me "upgrade" some of my games to CIB. The new games in the lot brought my total Intellivision collection to 78 unique titles:

post-3819-126785203615_thumb.jpg

Now, if only I had a nice box to keep them in. I've seen those cartridge organizers that hold up to a dozen games, but did anybody ever make one large enough to hold this many at once? :lol:

wow, this is a nice lot you got!!!

:lust:

what are all the imagic titles?????

did you get a fathom by chance??

Edited by revolutionika

wow, this is a nice lot you got!!!

:lust:

what are all the imagic titles?????

did you get a fathom by chance??

The last picture is actually my complete collection of games to date (a little off-topic to include it, I know, but I was so excited by the ECS lot that I had to share it). I wish I had gotten the whole collection in one lot; it would have saved me a lot of trouble! :lol:

I have all of the Imagic titles ... except Fathom, of course.

I find you can usually get batches of games complete in box for under a dollar. I haven't made many purchases in the way of Intellivision games for the past couple of years because I have the majority of the games short of the really rare ones, and like someone mentioned, I don't want to lay out the money.

The last two "bigger" purchases I made was 1.) a yard sale where I got a system and like 20 games for $10 and 2.) an Ebay purchase of about 25 games for $20. All games were boxed, complete. That Ebay purchase I haven't even gone through the games. I don't have access to testing any vintage systems anymore due to space.

Phil

I mentioned in another thread that 5000 trading card boxes hold the loose Intellivision games perfectly. I can't remember how many I fit, but it was probably 80 or so.

Phil

I mentioned in another thread that 5000 trading card boxes hold the loose Intellivision games perfectly. I can't remember how many I fit, but it was probably 80 or so.

Phil

I never said that...