IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Now, if only I had a nice box to keep them in. I've seen those cartridge organizers that hold up to a dozen games, but did anybody ever make one large enough to hold this many at once? :lol:

I mentioned in another thread that 5000 trading card boxes hold the loose Intellivision games perfectly. I can't remember how many I fit, but it was probably 80 or so.

Phil

I never said that...

I never said that, either. The quote nest got tangled up somehow.

Is this worth anything? An empty Intellivision box. Is it just a worthless cardboard box? Does it have value? Is it worth less then the most common Intellivision game? One way of thinking about it is. The box holds 6 games. So 1 box is made for every six games sent to a store. :roll:

I wonder if anybody would have interest in such a thing. I personally don't need it.

picture157943.jpg

Is this worth anything? An empty Intellivision box. Is it just a worthless cardboard box? Does it have value? Is it worth less then the most common Intellivision game? One way of thinking about it is. The box holds 6 games. So 1 box is made for every six games sent to a store. :roll:

I wonder if anybody would have interest in such a thing. I personally don't need it.

I'd say it's just an empty box. The one interesting thing is that it says "Intellivision Inc." on it. That was (I believe) the name of the company that acquired the rights to the Intellivision from Mattel, and which later became Intv Corp.

Those boxes are called master packs; there were six games in each master pack and twelve master packs in a case (72 games per case). The interesting thing about opening NOS master packs for the first time is that, every once in a while, the companies packed the wrong games. I was going through a case of Atari 7800 Ballblazer cartridges once, and found that one master pack had three copies of Touchdown Football in it. Personally, I would have preferred Commando.

I'd say it's just an empty box. The one interesting thing is that it says "Intellivision Inc." on it. That was (I believe) the name of the company that acquired the rights to the Intellivision from Mattel, and which later became Intv Corp.

Those boxes are called master packs; there were six games in each master pack and twelve master packs in a case (72 games per case). The interesting thing about opening NOS master packs for the first time is that, every once in a while, the companies packed the wrong games. I was going through a case of Atari 7800 Ballblazer cartridges once, and found that one master pack had three copies of Touchdown Football in it. Personally, I would have preferred Commando.

I should be getting another one of those boxes when i get my Night Stalker games from Venezuela. That's if he sends it. Maybe it's worthless but still kind of cool. Maybe i'll change my mind and hang on to it.

Now, if only I had a nice box to keep them in. I've seen those cartridge organizers that hold up to a dozen games, but did anybody ever make one large enough to hold this many at once? :lol:

I mentioned in another thread that 5000 trading card boxes hold the loose Intellivision games perfectly. I can't remember how many I fit, but it was probably 80 or so.

Phil

I never said that...

Sorry, the quote was long and I omitted a bunch of the comment. Anyway, a 5000 count box fits loose Intellivision games very nicely.

On a separate note, if you have games with instructions and overlays, I actually use comic book bags. Slide the instructions sideways and then fold the bag over and tape it shut. This will keep everything together.

I just went in my basement to rearrange some of my stuff for sale (non-video game) and began to move my Intellivision stock. My jaw dropped when I moved box after box of complete games. I figure I have over 300 extra complete or nearly complete boxed Intellivision games for my overstock. I'm going to have a field day soon going through everything. I had about 200 of the games in alphabetical order and need to sort in the rest, including those last 2 purchases. I also need more comic book bags as I didn't mention, I bag the boxed games so nothing opens and falls out.

Phil

Phil

I never said that...

Sorry, the quote was long and I omitted a bunch of the comment. Anyway, a 5000 count box fits loose Intellivision games very nicely.

On a separate note, if you have games with instructions and overlays, I actually use comic book bags. Slide the instructions sideways and then fold the bag over and tape it shut. This will keep everything together.

I just went in my basement to rearrange some of my stuff for sale (non-video game) and began to move my Intellivision stock. My jaw dropped when I moved box after box of complete games. I figure I have over 300 extra complete or nearly complete boxed Intellivision games for my overstock. I'm going to have a field day soon going through everything. I had about 200 of the games in alphabetical order and need to sort in the rest, including those last 2 purchases. I also need more comic book bags as I didn't mention, I bag the boxed games so nothing opens and falls out.

Phil

pics of said games? :cool:

Actually I'm not ready to sell. I don't have anything too rare anyway, especially since I need most of the rare games. But since I'm going to be working on the Intellivision variation list, I need to keep everything for the time being. Part of the reason I said I'll be going through everything soon. I want to get it done and possibly start selling/trading off the games.

Phil

I acquired a loose Pole Position cartridge from Chris Leach this past week (thanks, Chris!), bringing my Intellivision collection to eighty unique titles.

And, to put a more positive cap on the auction I mentioned earlier, I finally got my partial refund and Thunder Castle cartridge from the seller. The cartridge seems to be dead so far, but I'm still trying to get it working through cleaning.

Speaking of cleaning, I managed to repair the water-damaged ECS computer module that I got with that lot! You can skip the following if you're not interested in my restoration process, but I thought I'd share how I did it in case someone else finds themselves in a similar situation:

Here's how the board looked when I started:

ecstopsmall.jpgecsbottomsmall.jpg

I first removed the external connectors (tape in/out, remote, AUX, and power) along the edge of the board and discarded most of them, since they were too corroded to be used again. I then lifted or removed the remainder of the components in the affected areas. I needed a light abrasive to scrub the rust and other gunk away from the surface and between the pins of the cartridge port, so I opted for a toothbrush and regular toothpaste. It took a few rounds (and a little Goo-Gone for the really bad spots) to get everything off. Afterward, I rinsed the board with bottled water and hung it to dry for about three days. Here's how the board looked after my final round of cleaning:

ecstopclose_cleaned1.jpgecsbottomsmall_cleaned.jpg

It didn't get all the rust off, but it eliminated about 98% of it. I reinstalled the components, replacing the damaged connectors and a few resistors/capacitors that looked questionable to me, and I applied some new thermal grease to the large heatsink.

ecstopclose_rebuilt.jpg

I kept the old power connector, since I was able to clean it up enough to re-use it, but the other connectors are new. The AUX connector is a regular 3.5mm stereo jack, but I haven't found one yet that exactly matches the old PCB footprint, so I'm leaving it off for the time being (it's only used for Aquarius printers anyway). After getting everything re-mounted and checking my connections, I plugged it in early this morning, half-expecting the poor thing to blow up on me. It worked perfectly! The keyboard needed some cleaning, and I had to fix a damaged trace inside, but I now have that working perfectly also.

ecs_reassembled.jpg

Aside for the AUX jack, the only major piece I wasn't able to replace was the RF shield, which was too rusted to be re-used. I'm now using the computer module without it, but so far I haven't noticed any negative side-effects.

This computer module isn't quite as nice-looking as the boxed one I posted earlier, but it's presentable enough, so I'll probably keep it for everyday use. The boxed one will go into storage until I'm ready to set up an Intellivision exhibit in my future classic gaming "showroom."

Did he ever give ya, any money Back. :?

Yes, I got part of it back. A full refund would have been better, but considering that I got some good games and (now) a working computer module out of the deal, I think I came out okay. If nothing else, it was a good learning experience for me, since I had never tried a repair/restoration project of this kind before. And, I have the satisfaction of knowing that I rescued a computer module from the dump, which is where it almost certainly would have gone if I had returned it to the seller.

Now all I have to do is figure out the problem with the Intv System III console that came with the lot ...

I acquired a loose Pole Position cartridge from Chris Leach this past week (thanks, Chris!), bringing my Intellivision collection to eighty unique titles.

As I do not collect Intellivision games, I am glad to see that it went to a loving home!

( I do have more as you know..if you would like pics, please let me know, as you have the list already...)

Thanks for the feedback as well.

Well, even though I swore I'd stay away from eBay, I couldn't resist making an exception for the chance to own a Music Synthesizer keyboard:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304459804671?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&camp

I probably paid a bit too much for it, but I've been looking for a nice one for quite some time, and they always seem to go for $150 or more. Unfortunately, I'm getting only the keyboard, but at least I can test it with the ECS's little built-in music player.

So, does anybody here just happen to have an extra copy of Melody Blaster? :lol:

Recent INTV additions:

I really really wanted this and Thunder Castle in my collection, but I wanted ToD to come to me first and TC to come after it because ToD seemed to suit my tastes better, or so I thought. (i vastly underestimated the sheer awesomeness of Thunder Castle....)

Didn't work out that tho since I stumbled upon Thunder Castle a month or two ago at a very reasonable price.

Also, I recently traded a boxed Nosferatu (snes) for a boxed Final Fantasy Legend III (gb), Empire Strikes Back (2600), Magic of Scheherazade (nes) manual and..... a loose Popeye (intv)!

Now I just need Chip Shot Golf and Commando....

And a system changer and an ECS + the ECS games (aside from Mr. Basic which I already have), and that's all.

Ohoh!, and Diner! how could i forget Diner?! Deffo need to get that.

oops. Plus, I forgot Dig Dug and Dracula, and THEN that'll be IT for my wants (after i get all Psycho Stormtrooper overlays & the corresponding games not already in collection, along with the boxes/manuals for ToD & TC and an INTV-specific display case AND Space Patrol, of course).

(and also a videoplexer.)

*sigh* INTV collectin' can be a real pain in the ass! but damn it's oh so much fun. :)

Still no package from Panama or Venezuela.

Recent INTV additions:

I really really wanted this and Thunder Castle in my collection, but I wanted ToD to come to me first and TC to come after it because ToD seemed to suit my tastes better, or so I thought. (i vastly underestimated the sheer awesomeness of Thunder Castle....)

Didn't work out that tho since I stumbled upon Thunder Castle a month or two ago at a very reasonable price.

Also, I recently traded a boxed Nosferatu (snes) for a boxed Final Fantasy Legend III (gb), Empire Strikes Back (2600), Magic of Scheherazade (nes) manual and..... a loose Popeye (intv)!

Now I just need Chip Shot Golf and Commando....

And a system changer and an ECS + the ECS games (aside from Mr. Basic which I already have), and that's all.

Ohoh!, and Diner! how could i forget Diner?! Deffo need to get that.

oops. Plus, I forgot Dig Dug and Dracula, and THEN that'll be IT for my wants (after i get all Psycho Stormtrooper overlays & the corresponding games not already in collection, along with the boxes/manuals for ToD & TC and an INTV-specific display case AND Space Patrol, of course).

(and also a videoplexer.)

*sigh* INTV collectin' can be a real pain in the ass! but damn it's oh so much fun. icon_smile.gif

Still no package from Panama or Venezuela.

This pretty much sums up the awesomeness of collecting for the INTV. icon_mrgreen.gif And yes, make sure you get Super Space Patrol whenever it comes out, hopefully this year.

Won a pair of joystick add-ons the other day for $7.29 total. Good deal, imo, but the seller's in Venezuala (or Panama apparently, wtf?) and it'll take about a month to arrive. :(

I've seen different kinds of these before (only in pictures, never in person) but i've never actually tried one. Even if they don't work as good as i hope, i'm only out 7 bucks and at least i'll have a new-to-me inty toy to play with. :)

Just a note to those interested, joystick add-ons arrived yesterday & work fine. A little patience is all it took.

fwiw, I'd buy INTV products from this ebayer again.

Won a pair of joystick add-ons the other day for $7.29 total. Good deal, imo, but the seller's in Venezuala (or Panama apparently, wtf?) and it'll take about a month to arrive. :(

I've seen different kinds of these before (only in pictures, never in person) but i've never actually tried one. Even if they don't work as good as i hope, i'm only out 7 bucks and at least i'll have a new-to-me inty toy to play with. :)

Just a note to those interested, joystick add-ons arrived yesterday & work fine. A little patience is all it took.

fwiw, I'd buy INTV products from this ebayer again.

Same here, i bought these mint controllers off the same seller and i received them yesterday. Controllers look like they had never been used, ever.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304420145661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230442014566&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• 2 weeks later...

Very Cool. :thumbsup: How much do those go for, now a days. ? Not the Crack head , that has them up for $1200 each :P , but a real price. HHW

4tris = $200

mccrack should lower his price and maybe someone would buy his.....i doubt he even has them....he prob just stole the pics and uses the fake auction for advertising

Very Cool. :thumbsup: How much do those go for, now a days. ? Not the Crack head , that has them up for $1200 each :P , but a real price. HHW

4tris = $200

mccrack should lower his price and maybe someone would buy his.....i doubt he even has them....he prob just stole the pics and uses the fake auction for advertising

I was thinking around that. I would love to have one, but just not that high on my list. Congrates. :thumbsup: