IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

• 2 weeks later...

So I rolled the dice a bit on this auction, it wasn't the Odyssey 2 I was after (although I did need one to go with the 25 or so games I bought years ago for some reason :P ), but rather the "games" hidden in the auction. Check the sixth picture and you'll see what I mean. I'm really not sure what I bought, I guess I'll find out once I plug it in.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2208007879441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220800787944&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hello guys,

I'm back from my biz trip in Seattle and, obviously, I spent most of my free time checking and trading game stuff :D

I bought 40+ Inty and Atari games and already sold the doubles that were in the lots. In the end, while I didn't get anything to shout about, I think it was worth the trip :P

Regarding the Inty, the final balance was $49 and for that money I got, among other common titles that were missing in my collection:

- Diner (loose)

- Tropical Trouble (CIB)

- Backgammon (CIB like new with color manual)

- Checkers (CIB like new with color manual)

- NFL Football (CIB like new with color manual)

- Centipede (CIB)

- Sewer Sam (loose)

- The 4 "standard" Parker Brothers games (Popeye, Star Wars, Frogger, QBert, all CIB like new)

Cheers!

So I rolled the dice a bit on this auction, it wasn't the Odyssey 2 I was after (although I did need one to go with the 25 or so games I bought years ago for some reason :P ), but rather the "games" hidden in the auction. Check the sixth picture and you'll see what I mean. I'm really not sure what I bought, I guess I'll find out once I plug it in.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2208007879441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220800787944&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

"Video Test Cartridge" maybe a mt-201 who loose the label? keep us informed!

Hello guys,

I'm back from my biz trip in Seattle and, obviously, I spent most of my free time checking and trading game stuff :D

I bought 40+ Inty and Atari games and already sold the doubles that were in the lots. In the end, while I didn't get anything to shout about, I think it was worth the trip :P

Regarding the Inty, the final balance was $49 and for that money I got, among other common titles that were missing in my collection:

- Diner (loose)

- Tropical Trouble (CIB)

- Centipede (CIB)

- Sewer Sam (loose)

- The 4 "standard" Parker Brothers games (Popeye, Star Wars, Frogger, QBert, all CIB like new)

Cheers!

Great deal for $49 Roberto! Excellent for you!

How much time to you spend looking at stuff on ebay to find this!!!

Hello guys,

- Diner (loose)

- Tropical Trouble (CIB)

- Centipede (CIB)

- Sewer Sam (loose)

Cheers!

Post pics of it!

Hello guys,

- Diner (loose)

- Tropical Trouble (CIB)

- Centipede (CIB)

- Sewer Sam (loose)

Cheers!

dont forget the pics!

• 1 month later...

I was watching that one too! IIRC, when the bid got over $100, I checked out. Too much of a gamble for a possible test cart with a homemade label. Was it a score?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just picked up an Inty II boxed. The trader wanted an Atari 2600, which I had two of, so I gave him a completely cleaned/refurbed Vader unit and 12 commons. No cash.

Upon checking out my end of the bargain, I pulled out the unit and to my happy surprise it's incredibly obvious that this Inty II is BRAND NEW. Pretty sweet. Got all the cables and power supply and I think he threw in Star Strike. There's not one scratch on it, no dirt, and it's very shiny. The only thing missing is the original cardboard insert. I'll post a pic when I get home after work.

BTW if there's any interest in a trade, ring me up. I'm more of a Colecovision and Atari 2600/7800 guy. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I got it!! I got it!!! At last!!! What am I talking about?? But a CIB Fathom, of course!! :grin:

After more than one year looking around, I managed to get one... it was the most expensive single game I ever bought so far (or, I should say, re-bought as I had it over 25 years ago!) and I definitely extinguished my budged for the remaining part of the year, but I'm really happy!

Cheers!!!

I got it!! I got it!!! At last!!! What am I talking about?? But a CIB Fathom, of course!! :grin:

After more than one year looking around, I managed to get one... it was the most expensive single game I ever bought so far (or, I should say, re-bought as I had it over 25 years ago!) and I definitely extinguished my budged for the remaining part of the year, but I'm really happy!

Cheers!!!

Awesome news Roberto! Congrats! It's always nice to get the one game you want more than any other! :)

I posted this in the Official Thrift Finds thread, but it's too cool not to share here. I picked up both Diner and Motocross (loose) for a buck apiece at Flea World last weekend. I've gotten some good deals there before, but this definitely takes the cake. Diner is an awesome game. Glad I can finally add it to my collection. I also picked up a few more common games I didn't have (Sea Battle, Boxing, etc) as well as some good deals on non INTV games (Solar Storm for 2600 for $1 is a pretty nice find).

• 2 weeks later...

So I walk into the Video Exchange (the only store in town that buys and sells vintage games, all the other stores only buy PS2 and newer games) and the owner was not working

Instead a young lady was behind the counter

I havent been in for a while and in the past month I have been collecting nothing but INTV games (I have alot of stuff to post once I get it all next week :grin: ) and I knew that the shop had an INTV III with an old game holder with like 12 INTV games

Now I had browsed the games once before but that was before I had studied every rarity guide I could find and memorized the rare games

Well I pull down the game storage deal and right away two games catch my eye

I search for and find the instructions (I already knew these games did not have overlays)

Now one of these games I will be getting in a huge lot that I just purchased but hey two copies are better then one, and with the new girl working I figured the chances of her checking Ebay to see what these games were selling for slim because there were like 5 people in the store and I could see she was flustered

So I grab the games and then ask the new girl for a copy of Tetris on NES (my wife was with me and she plays alot of Tetris and the one we own has been acting up and is a very well used cart and I knew they had a loose but mint Tetris that I told my wife we could get for a good price)

So the Tetris she trys to look up and is having trouble with the computer and im thinking great she is going to look the others up as well

Then she stops and says I cant log on to the internet, so she picks up the phone to call the owner

After 20 seconds she says well shes not picking up so how about $5.00 for the Tetris and $2.00 for the two small games (she had no clue that they were INTV games)

I said that sounds fine and she says well if she leaves me here with no price tags on the games what am I supposed to do?

I agreed with her and left the store with these two games

f3c162188576d9ca00d7acf4152dad80b0ada38d.JPG

I was happy with the purchase

Edit: Im getting Thunder Castle soon in the mail so I will own two copies of that

Edited by AlvinKarpis
  • Like 1