IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

2 bucks each?!?! Excellent score! Congrats, they're both great games.

Yes $2.00 each, thanks for the congrats, I knew when I walked out of the store that I had just scored

I am playing Thunder Castle and so far I love it!

I bought the Colecovision and INTV at the same time knowing what the CV could do and not ever having played a real INTV

It took me only couple days to fall in love with my INTV

I have never bought games for a system so quickly

Next week I will post pictures and stories of how I went from not owning an INTV a month ago to owning an INTV and 76 different games (over 100 including doubles)

Edited by AlvinKarpis

Yes $2.00 each, thanks for the congrats, I knew when I walked out of the store that I had just scored

I bought the Colecovision and INTV at the same time knowing what the CV could do and not ever having played a real INTV

Next week I will post pictures and stories of how I went from not owning an INTV a month ago to owning an INTV and 76 different games (over 100 including doubles)

I would like to read those stories. Thunder Castle is one of my top 5 games.

I would like to read those stories. Thunder Castle is one of my top 5 games.

Your Youtube vids have helped me out alot IntellivisionDude

I have fallen in love with my INTV

I think the main reason is that I didnt own one back in the day and I didnt play the INTV back then either

So I now own all of the consoles that I owned and played as a kid, and I love those

But the INTV is almost like the system that I missed out on! I was going to try and get as many games for the Colecovision first but the INTV just took over!

I have studied everything that I could about the INTV and the games

AA member Boxpressed has helped me out a ton (not only with selling me many CIB games but with just massive amounts of info on the games)

I wanted to post the stories along with pictures so you guys can see the story im telling

Bottom line is that the INTV is right now my console of choice, I play it way more then my NES and CV and even more then my 2600 (which I didnt hink any system would do that)

Im so mad that I didnt get to play an INTV back in the day because I swear its like this system and the games were built for me! They are my kind of games!

I love sports games, the INTV has so many great ones, I love bowling and the INTV Bowling game is awesome

I could go on and on, and I will soon lol

Your story is similar to mine. Almost 2 years ago now i got me an Intellivision again which i hadn't played in probably 20 years. So i was reliving my childhood again.

But this year i'm getting into the 2600 which i had never owned before. I may have played a dozen or so games on it when i was a kid, but that was about it. So lately i been playing that more then my Intellivision and buying games for it left and right. It won't be long before i get the INTV bug again. The Intellivision is my love and passion. But i must admit the 2600 kicks ass too. :-o

And thanks for the compliment.

• Like 1

Glad I could help feed the obsession, Dean. Even though my first console was a 2600, I think I identify the most strongly with the Intellivision, which our family bought after selling the 2600. Even though I got the CV later, I was already transitioning to personal computers, so the best memories of console gaming were with the Intellivision. All the sports games, Astrosmash, AD&D, Night Stalker -- many hours spent playing these and more. It's hard to beat the Intellivision for gaming value these days.

• Like 1

76 down, only 49 to go! Nice start to say the least. If you have questions re:pricing of what you're missing, feel free to ask us. For that matter, I'm sure there are a few people here who can help you fill in some of those gaps. You mention you like sports games, have you pciked up many of the Super Pro titles yet? Super Pro Football, Slam Dunk Basketball and World Championship Baseball are all excellent 1 or 2 player games. As you've already discovered, this truly is a great system that many missed back in the day, and are discovering today. :)

• Like 2

To answer your question about the INTV Corp Super Sports games....

$(KGrHqYOKpME5kKiPF+iBOh6NMYyHg~~60_12.JPG

Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey is on its way as well

And I have read so many threads in the INTV and I can see that you guys have that same passion that I have for collecting and im very excited to be a part of it

I will be a worthy member of the INTV collectors, that I can promise you guys ;)

Not sure what games you have yet to go. But i do have a few for sale myself. Most notably Turbo and Thin Ice.

I need both of those

I just need to wait a while as I promised my wife that I would not buy any games after the lots that I just purchased

But trust me, I need both of those, if you still have them in a month or so we can talk

Edited by AlvinKarpis

I think the main reason is that I didnt own one back in the day and I didnt play the INTV back then either

So I now own all of the consoles that I owned and played as a kid, and I love those

But the INTV is almost like the system that I missed out on! I was going to try and get as many games for the Colecovision first but the INTV just took over!

My Intellivision story is similar. I didn't own one growing up, and I had never even seen one in person until my early thirties. One I got into it, though, it grew on me very quickly, and I now own more games for the Intellivision (94 of the original 125 games, plus the Cuttle Cart 3) than for any of my other systems.

To borrow a phrase from the creators of TRON, the Intellivision "reminded me of something I had never seen before": it was quite different from the Atari systems I had been using for years, but it was still a classic video game system, and I could immediately appreciate what it had to offer. It's been a fun way of getting in touch with a facet of video games that I originally missed out on.

If you're looking for the next step in building your collection, I'd recommend tracking down an ECS Computer Adaptor (if you don't have one already). There aren't many titles which can take advantage of it, but Mind Strike makes the Computer Adaptor worth owning all by itself; it's a terrific game.

My Intellivision story is similar. I didn't own one growing up, and I had never even seen one in person until my early thirties. One I got into it, though, it grew on me very quickly, and I now own more games for the Intellivision (94 of the original 125 games, plus the Cuttle Cart 3) than for any of my other systems.

To borrow a phrase from the creators of TRON, the Intellivision "reminded me of something I had never seen before": it was quite different from the Atari systems I had been using for years, but it was still a classic video game system, and I could immediately appreciate what it had to offer. It's been a fun way of getting in touch with a facet of video games that I originally missed out on.

If you're looking for the next step in building your collection, I'd recommend tracking down an ECS Computer Adaptor (if you don't have one already). There aren't many titles which can take advantage of it, but Mind Strike makes the Computer Adaptor worth owning all by itself; it's a terrific game.

Reminds me I have a couple ECS I have been meaning to post in the marktplace :)

He also hooked me up with some loose carts

Dracula

Pacman (Atari Soft)

Centipede (Atari Soft)

MOTU The Power of He-Man

Pinball

And gave me Looping on the CV for free

:thumbsup: to Boxpressed

I will post my long winded tale of how I became addicted to a system that I never played as a kid even though I told myslef over and over that it will be impossible to like a system that you dont have those fond memories of playing as a kid

Well not only did I prove myself wrong by liking the INTV, I rubbed it in my own face by LOVING the INTV

have you see this?

is the tape suppose to be within the module or is it meaningful to trace in the collector list as itself?

the price is out of mind

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1405767088611?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140576708861&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

He initially had this listed at $749 if I remember correctly. He's a pretty good seller but I think this is just waaaay overpriced.

That first MTE test cart was available sealed in the bag from atari2600.com for $120 which is where I got mine. I'm not sure if JC still has some.

The Commando is from Rev's favourite fair-priced seller.... :P

The final test cart is not in great shape and comes in one of Alex's $10 reproduction boxes. I don't like how the seller hasn't mentioned that it's a repro. I wouldn't pay $50 for that.

• 2 weeks later...