IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

As of almost a month ago I just got into game collecting. Growing up i remember getting the nes action pack from santa on christmas morning. So between that and our neighbors atari 2600 we had plenty of games to keep us busy. It wasnt until recently I was playn ps3 with my son and he started bashing the old systems that I felt he needed to experiance the systems that started it all. In 1 day i spent $120.00 getting an atari 2600 w/20 games, an nes w/5 games and because my wifes father had one so she thought we should i got an intellivision w5/games. See i had never heard of intellivision up to this point. Man am I glad I got it! I love this system! I as of two weeks ago went to a town 2 hours away and bought another one in box with the intellivoice in box and 30 CIB games for 55.00! To me its a good deal. My collection is now up to 39 CIB games w/12 doubles. Just joined this site so thought it was kinda cool there was a place to share these sort of things. Im always watching youtube on game finds and unboxings now. never done that before. By the way my son is now completely into the classics too. So basically its bring back childhood memories and making new ones at the same time.

Great story! Intellivision is my favorite system, closely followed by 2600, colecovision, nes and snes.

Also, you do know about the new 'homebrew' games coming out for intellivision?

As of almost a month ago I just got into game collecting. Growing up i remember getting the nes action pack from santa on christmas morning. So between that and our neighbors atari 2600 we had plenty of games to keep us busy. It wasnt until recently I was playn ps3 with my son and he started bashing the old systems that I felt he needed to experiance the systems that started it all. In 1 day i spent $120.00 getting an atari 2600 w/20 games, an nes w/5 games and because my wifes father had one so she thought we should i got an intellivision w5/games. See i had never heard of intellivision up to this point. Man am I glad I got it! I love this system! I as of two weeks ago went to a town 2 hours away and bought another one in box with the intellivoice in box and 30 CIB games for 55.00! To me its a good deal. My collection is now up to 39 CIB games w/12 doubles. Just joined this site so thought it was kinda cool there was a place to share these sort of things. Im always watching youtube on game finds and unboxings now. never done that before. By the way my son is now completely into the classics too. So basically its bring back childhood memories and making new ones at the same time.

Welcome to the group! Game collecting can be really an addictive and rewarding hobby and the Intellivision is a system that was way ahead of its time in many respects.

BTW, yesterday I received the CIB Shark!Shark! I got off ebay for $4.75! One less to go! ;)

PIcked up a complete boxed copy of slam dunk yesterday, probably spent to much? $25, but first time I've seen one in the wild.

$25 is what it goes for on Ebay on average. So you didn't get a steal deal but you also didn't over pay.

I recently picked up a boxed Slam Dunk and found surprise Orphan Overlays inside :-) Same thing happened with my Chip Shot Golf. Suppose I'm just lucky...
  • Like 3

Welcome to the group! Game collecting can be really an addictive and rewarding hobby and the Intellivision is a system that was way ahead of its time in many respects.

BTW, yesterday I received the CIB Shark!Shark! I got off ebay for $4.75! One less to go! ;)

Thats cool! There are still lots of stuff im learning about the older systems. Im always going around trying to find cib games. not only for intellivision but for atari 2600 and nes also. If you have any websites you could direct me to that would be awsome.

No what are Homebrew? Never heard of it.

Homebrew games are new releases for old systems, most systems have them coming out.For example, last year Halo came out on the atari 2600. Here is a list of the ones coming up for Intellivision. http://www.intellivi...mebrew-releases

Thanks for the link ima check it out! I had no clue people were still making games thats awsome!

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd put this out. I have a dead Intellivision console, don't know what's wrong, and 13 loose carts if anyone wants to make an offer and pay shipping. Intellivision games loose:

Pitfall

Lock 'N' Chase

Night Stalker

Space Battle

Utopia-bad label but have manual I think.

Tripe Action

Bowling

Golf

Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack

Sea Battle

Loco-motion

Football

Frogger

PM me if interested,thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked this up from Craigslist, when I arrived I found out there wasn't any power supplies for either the Inty II or the ECS :( Bummer...

But when I got it home it all works except the Intellivoice :? I'll give it a good cleaning and see what happens

I think it was in a basement for a while, it's all really dirty, and smell's horrible..cigarette smoke !! :-o ICK ! Lot's of scrubbing in my future

It's seen heavy use, boxes are worn, several overlays are almost mutilated.. just like mine were as a kid ! :D

But a nice pickup none the less! :grin:

post-31949-0-64182900-1335630654_thumb.jpg

A good week on Kijiji.

Thurs. GOOD

picked up an R9 Atari 2600 T-handle $30, there's a couple on ebay for $400+, sellers are insane but realistically, if you can find one, $130 is low avg.

post-18191-0-14564200-1335843380_thumb.jpg

Saturday BETTER

15 Atari 8-bit carts, 2xR9, 2xR8, 3xR7. A rare-ish Atari mini-modem, Some Avalon Hill tape games, A stack of TI 99/4A carts, bunch of 2600 commons. $50, estimated value on the market $300+

But tonight....drum roll....BEST

Boxed Intellivision III complete, box is an 8+ condition, 83 boxed titles all in immaculate condition, 80% of which will replace existing copies I have since they are mint. Overlays look like never used, manuals and inserts like never opened.

Highlights - 21 Cdn bilingual titles including gatefold Burgertime ( L'Heure du Burger), Bomb Squad , gatefold Mission X, Buzz Bombers, multiple Parker Bros, Interphase titles, Coleco, others

A few International box varieties of Activision games - Pretty sure these are box varieties, I dont remember whether my other Ptifall or Happy Trails had 5 languages on the back of the box or in the manuals(?)

Lots of harder to find titles like Commando, Defender, Hover Force, Tower of Doom, Thin Ice, Diner, Thunder Castle, Truckin, Tron Solar Sailer, Stampede, River Raid, Dig Dug, He Man

No sleepers like a Super Cobra or Tutankham but nonetheless for what I paid, I made out like a bandit.

BTW, is there a variety of the INTV III that looks like the picture on the box witih INTV III in smaller font, no italics, flat red power lite? Because this one and every other one I've seen has the larger font, "System III" in italics, red power light "bulb". Although I do understand theres at least 3 different controller styles, tactile, ridged, flat. Just curious...

Edited by coleconut
  • Like 2

A good week on Kijiji.

Thurs. GOOD

picked up an R9 Atari 2600 T-handle $30, there's a couple on ebay for $400+, sellers are insane but realistically, if you can find one, $130 is low avg.

Saturday BETTER

15 Atari 8-bit carts, 2xR9, 2xR8, 3xR7. A rare-ish Atari mini-modem, Some Avalon Hill tape games, A stack of TI 99/4A carts, bunch of 2600 commons. $50, estimated value on the market $300+

Boxed Intellivision III complete, box is an 8+ condition, 83 boxed titles all in immaculate condition, 80% of which will replace existing copies I have since they are mint. Overlays look like never used, manuals and inserts like never opened.

Highlights - 21 Cdn bilingual titles including gatefold Burgertime ( L'Heure du Burger), Bomb Squad , gatefold Mission X, Buzz Bombers, multiple Parker Bros, Interphase titles, Coleco, others

A few International box varieties of Activision games - Pretty sure these are box varieties, I dont remember whether my other Ptifall or Happy Trails had 5 languages on the back of the box or in the manuals(?)

Lots of harder to find titles like Commando, Defender, Hover Force, Tower of Doom, Thin Ice, Diner, Thunder Castle, Truckin, Tron Solar Sailer, Stampede, River Raid, Dig Dug, He Man

No sleepers like a Super Cobra or Tutankham but nonetheless for what I paid, I made out like a bandit.

BTW, is there a variety of the INTV III that looks like the picture on the box witih INTV III in smaller font, no italics, flat red power lite? Because this one and every other one I've seen has the larger font, "System III" in italics, red power light "bulb". Although I do understand theres at least 3 different controller styles, tactile, ridged, flat. Just curious...

Now we can make that BC bud trade! :) what a great bunch of scores! Regarding the Activision games, there's also a International Stampede, was yours a regular version? Seems weird he would have 2 out of the three international ones.

Just to be clear, were the gatefold Mission X and the Buzz Bombers both the French ones? Was there a French Vectron there? That's one that people often miss as it just has the English title but with the bilingual verbiage on the box.

Some great titles in there, good for you!

I'll check all my INTV 3's and see if I can answer your question.

A good week on Kijiji.

Thurs. GOOD

Saturday BETTER

Now we can make that BC bud trade! :) what a great bunch of scores! Regarding the Activision games, there's also a International Stampede, was yours a regular version? Seems weird he would have 2 out of the three international ones.

Just to be clear, were the gatefold Mission X and the Buzz Bombers both the French ones? Was there a French Vectron there? That's one that people often miss as it just has the English title but with the bilingual verbiage on the box.

Some great titles in there, good for you!

I'll check all my INTV 3's and see if I can answer your question.

:ponder:

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/06/05/senators-target-internet-drug-dealing/

Regarding the Activision games, there's also a International Stampede, was yours a regular version? Seems weird he would have 2 out of the three international ones.

Un moment, s'il vous plait

No/nein/non to Stampede, oui to Mission X et Buzz Bombers, non to Vectron.

Regarding the Activision games, there's also a International Stampede, was yours a regular version? Seems weird he would have 2 out of the three international ones.

Un moment, s'il vous plait

No/nein/non to Stampede, oui to Mission X et Buzz Bombers, non to Vectron.

:-D Nice reply, well played. That Buzz Bombers is one of my favourite variations and that French gatefold Mission X is crazy hard to find. It sounds like maybe pics should be taken of this giant score so we can all revel in its glory. :-o (As an aside, I did a kijiji search for Intellivison here in Vancouver and got one search result for a loose system for $40) Yay. :mad:

It sounds like maybe pics should be taken of this giant score so we can all revel in its glory. (

Will do. The fun of going thru a new lot like this is when you think at first glance that you have most of the games only to find many varieties you didnt have. Like the Donkey Kong included was one I didnt have. Its a bilingual Cdn one, and it makes it my 3rd different DK Cdn box, this one has the arcade machine picture and printed to the left of that on the front where you would normally see "PLAYS LIKE THE REAL ARCADE GAME" instead it says "SPECIAL HOME VERSION OF Nintendo ARCADE GAME / VARIANTE DU VRAI JEU D'ARCADE DE Nintendo".

Edited by coleconut

It sounds like maybe pics should be taken of this giant score so we can all revel in its glory. (

Will do. The fun of going thru a new lot like this is when you think at first glance that you have most of the games only to find many varieties you didnt have. Like the Donkey Kong included was one I didnt have. Its a bilingual Cdn one, and it makes it my 3rd different DK Cdn box, this one has the arcade machine picture and printed to the left of that on the front "SPECIAL HOME VERSION OF Nintendo ARCADE GAME"

Ooooh, I'd definitely like to see all three in case you've found something I don't have. Yah, I love it when you go through a lot and find something cool you didn't know you'd bought.