IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Welcome and congrats! The software is hard to find. It comes up on eBay once in a while but the auctions tend to get quite ugly. :)

i think someone needs to make tape duplicates if at minimal to preserve this part of history. I am a proponent of roms and backups because i believe strongly in preserving history and this is all a part of our history. The library of congress agrees with me too which is why they are doing it too

i think someone needs to make tape duplicates if at minimal to preserve this part of history. I am a proponent of roms and backups because i believe strongly in preserving history and this is all a part of our history. The library of congress agrees with me too which is why they are doing it too

I wonder if any other computer used the Mattel style cassettes or if there is a way to make a regular cassette into one?

Edited by Rick James

Are they like ones used for 4 track audio recording?

A regular cassette physically fits but I think there is something different in the tape portion. When I insert a regular music cassette, the KC will rewind without stopping. There is a sensor in it that recognizes tape. The tapes I have apparently aren't "clear" enough at the leader portion to tell the sensor it has reached the end. The sensor does work properly imo because I've tested it without a tape inserted and when I unblock the sensor, it stops rewinding. I'm guessing Mattel used a completely clear leader tape.

A regular cassette physically fits but I think there is something different in the tape portion. When I insert a regular music cassette, the KC will rewind without stopping. There is a sensor in it that recognizes tape. The tapes I have apparently aren't "clear" enough at the leader portion to tell the sensor it has reached the end. The sensor does work properly imo because I've tested it without a tape inserted and when I unblock the sensor, it stops rewinding. I'm guessing Mattel used a completely clear leader tape.

didnt the clear pink blue blah blah blah memorex tapes use a clear leader tape?

My new (new to me) CIB Aquarius with paperwork and demo software:

My existing Aquarius collection:

I also have a Snafu box, manual, and overlays but no cart. Does anyone have an extra loose Aquarius Snafu cart for sale or trade? I need to complete my parts!

Looks awesome and so shiny! Great pick-up! :)

• Like 1

Don't tell me you paid 50 € for this...

What is now the weather in Avignon? Maybe I can open the roof of my car... :)

I don't tell you... ^^ No, the guy wasn't crazy but the price was good, very good.

It's cloudy for the week-end, have an umbrella ^^

Wow! Awesome pickup at any price. Some fantastic variations in there :)

Fanstatic variations ? You mean the Imagic ones ?

Sweet stuff in there! I need like 10 of those!

Thanks ! :)

You need like 10 ? Really ? Which ones ?

I agree, I'm very happy for this pick-up. First time since 1999 I found a game as Congo Bongo in France. The seller told me his father bought his games in Paris, all of them even the Imagic ones.

FYI :

- The Intellivision scart version works very well (pads, buttons, sound, image...).

- Turbo, instruction is missing

- Congo Bongo, instruction is missing

- Tutankham is complete

- Thunder Castle is complete

- Pitfall is complete

- Popeye is complete

- Frogger is complete

- Pac-Man is complete

- Donkey Kong Jr is complete

- Bump'n Jump si complete

IMAGIC

- Beauty of the Beast : complete

- Demon Attack : instruction is missing

- Dracula : instruction is missing

- Dragonfire : complete

- Ice Trek : complete

- Microsurgeon : complete

- Nova Blast : complete

- Safecracker : complete

- Swords of Serpents : complete

- White Whiter : 1 overlay is missing

I have also :

- Beauty in the Beast, german Instruction

- Pac-Man INTV French instruction

- Master of the Universe French instruction

Some games are with a FRENCH instruction (and complete)

- Boxing

- Bowling

- Frog Bog

- Hockey

- Golf

- Sub Hunt

- ADD1

Some games are with a ITALIAN instruction (and complete)

- Utopia
- Space Hawk

I was surprised to find a Lock'N'Chase with a International instruction !! Did you have this one ?

Edited by scalpel

Mostly CBS, International Imagic...Les Requins.

The CBS are available. Lady Bug, Venture, DK JR are complete. I have also a CIB Zaxxon (French). For Carnival, DK and Mouse Trap, the instruction is missing. The boxes are not great as you can see (Zaxxon box is decent only). I have aslo an extra of Shark Shark - Les Requins. This one is complete.

Maybe Swords of Serpents and Dragonfire will be available.