IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

This KC appears to have a working tape drive, but without a cassette we don't know if it can read/write data. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/264995-intellivision-keyboard-component-cassette-deck/?p=3775359

Cassettes have been dumped but we dont have the tape drive emulated in software yet. The three tutorvision cartridges being dumped just happened this year although Intellivision Productions has more copies from old floppies since 2003.

I think a tape can be dumped as long as it is from a 4 track player, not the typical 2 track player (i.e. not a music cassette player). This way, the 4 tracks are kept in sync with each other. 4 track players seem to go for roughly $100 - $200 (maybe there are some cheaper ones) so it is within the abilities of mortals to dump the tapes.

Any magnetic tape can be copied. Even with the more unusual format that the KC has (being 4 track), standard consumer gear should be able to do it. This has been brought up many times by people much smarter than I.

Either the few who own these haven't bothered, or haven't shared yet - let's face it, given that no one seems to have a working tape unit, what's the point? It sure would be nice to have them dumped for preservation purposes. I suspect they have been a long while ago, kinda like the Tutorvision ROMs that we're only now seeing come to light.

Next time youre in Vancouver we can try mine out. :)

Cassettes have already been dumped. For duplication you shouldn't need a 4-track player. If it is both played and recorded backwards than direction doesn't change. Can audio cassettes be used?

Edit:

For example, here are instructions for duplicating Coleco data cassettes.

http://www.theadamresource.com/manuals/Modifications/Audio%20Cassette%20Tape%20to%20a%20DDP%20Pack.htm

Edited by mr_me

For duplication you shouldn't need a 4-track player. If it is both played and recorded backwards than direction doesn't change. Can audio cassettes be used?

That assumes that the length of the tape plus lead is identical to the source and that the spool speed is absolutely constant. It may be safer with a 4-track to keep everything in sync.

-dZ.

You're right, a 4-track recorder would be safer until we know more. It's possible one track uses another for searching. In the Coleco tape dup instructions, you see they are carefull to flip both tapes over before they reach the end to keep them in relative sync even if the tape lengths are different.

I just got a new copy of Mind Strike. As if I had not already a few of them, even shrink wrapped. That what it makes so interesting in my eyes is that it has still it's price tag from back then.

149,- Deutsche Mark...hm, you may wonder what is this in Dollar. The Dollar back than was $1 - 2.55DM. So the game had a price in Dollar of $58.43.

What about the Inflation? 149 DM are now by inflation 144.62 Euros. Converted to Dollar by actual rate would be $172.50

If you had paid back then the Dollar price of $58.43, this would be today $143.60.

Btw. I paid 30€ for the game. So it is a steal. ;)

post-30718-0-15048200-1511538691_thumb.jpg

post-30718-0-37520800-1511538711_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting! Thank you for sharing it with us. These little bits of history make the hobby more interesting.

It's even more funny than this...a friend of mine got it for me...Klaus Wolf from Wolfsoft! http://www.wolfsoft.de/shop/

But he didn't realized this until I showed him the price tag. He totally overlooked that. :D

Was it someone on here that got the Congo Bongo? And was it real?

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/45406011

Yes it's real and it's fantastic!

Everything came with the lot except those overlays, they're of my creation.

01.jpg

The box has some real wear but was not missing any parts.

02.jpg

Even the original flaps and hang tag holder are intact.

03.jpg

04.jpg

There was no Sega warranty card present so I will have to track down one of those somehow but I'm quite happy to finally have this one CIB. Other than the 4 missing games in my signature, this was the only game in my 121 that I didn't have a box for.

On odd thing I discovered is that the Congo Bongo box, despite being a non-gatefold flip-top style, is as tall as a gatefold and maybe slightly slimmer. I was expecting it to be the same size as the later and 3rd party releases, other than Activision. So for anyone looking to get one of these CIB, make sure you get a tall gatefold-sized protector for it. I was lucky I had 1 left.

• Like 6

How high were you willing to go before you would have dropped?

I was the first bid.

I think $200 was as far as I could go given that I could not actually see if it really was CIB in the listing. All I had was the cart so the box and manual were the real prizes for me. I can now unload my extra cart and the reproduction box I made for it to get a little money back out of it, so this was as good a deal as I could have hoped to find.