IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Ok, I think I promised a cool pick-up post a while back. I figured I'd show off some of my rarer acquisitions from the past few months. Some were from eBay and some were from the fine folks on AtariAge. Enjoy!

First up, I've picked up a few more double-labeled Intellivision Inc carts. These are pretty fun to hunt down and collect.

Next up, thanks to my good friends across the Atlantic, I've acquired these 3 International Activision variants. The multilingual catalog was a pleasant bonus!

Over my 7 years of Intellivision collecting I've managed to find almost all of the Intellivision homebrews. I'm still missing a few, but I'm now the proud owner of a 4-Tris!

This last one took a lot of effort, but I think it's in its final form (unless a set of copyright-less Intellivision Inc overlays surface). Can you guess what it is?

A big thanks to everyone involved in helping me find these. I'll let them identify themselves (or not) if they so choose.

not bad, my friend. Not bad at all :)
  • Like 1

Gotcha. Well, that kind of sucks, because I always thought that Intellivision Inc.'s products looked cheap and flimsy.

I totally agree. The production quality of the early Mattel games was decent. The gatefold boxes and full color manuals really looked nice. It's a shame they only did 10 of the manuals that way.

atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/9530-original-10-usa-full-color-manuals/

My main display of games doesn't include any of the Intellivision Inc era games. Those were sort of a fun scavenger hunt on the side and now reside on their own shelves. The Backgammon cart sort of became my white [labeled] whale and I'm glad I found it before it destroyed me :D

• Like 1

Excellent question! I've actually had the box and manual for quite some time now. I got lucky on eBay many years ago, but it came with the green labeled cart. I've since been searching for the Intellivision Inc cart, but have only seen a few and was recent outbid on one :D Humblejack recently passed his on to me.

Very glad to see you finally completed that Backgammon since I ruined your opportunity last time. ?

• Like 1

Do you have a non shrinkwrapped CIB version ?

Shrinkwrapped Intellivision Inc. version coming to ebay soon (maybe next week) I don't want to flood the market with all the rare stuff at once, I need time for you guys to save up your money.

PREVIEW OF COMING ATTRACTION:

attachicon.gifBackgammon II 1.JPG

attachicon.gifBackgammon II 2.JPG

Humblejack, your auctions show "ships to: United States" only.

I'm sure Canadians and Europeans would love to place bids

At the bottom of his auctions, he explains he'll ship anywhere, but hasn't found how to change the settings on the auctions.

Shrinkwrapped Intellivision Inc. version coming to ebay soon (maybe next week) I don't want to flood the market with all the rare stuff at once, I need time for you guys to save up your money.

PREVIEW OF COMING ATTRACTION:

attachicon.gifBackgammon II 1.JPG

attachicon.gifBackgammon II 2.JPG

Still sore you beat me to it. :P

Then again, I'd have opened the sucker looking for overlay variations. You know it to be true.

Wow, nice find, looks mint.

It is damn near perfect. I was shocked at the condition this was in when I opened the package. Too bad it's not a white label and didn't come with a box. Not sure if either was made for Word Fun or if this was baggie only from Intellivision Inc.

I think the B&W instructions only came in a baggie. I have the Tron SS Baggie and traded my Space Battle baggie to Cmart back in 2014. I had 2 Tron SS but sold or traded one and still have one. The baggie is different than the others so I think it has been resealed but I keep it anyway, hmmmm ebay fodder?

Edit: Odd, USA manual and Hong Kong cart!

I do have the B&W manual also.

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 1

Off the top of my head, JasonLikesINTV first came across this, but no white label and no box has been found. I think similar may be the case for Checkers and Frog Bog, but memory's hazy.

Correct on all counts. You might have the only Frog Bog manual, though. The search continues! I never thought we'd be up to 3 WF manuals, so there's hope.

I don't collect B&W manuals or Intellivision Inc. items. Word Fun was just included in a lot that I won. So if someone needs it they can PM me, otherwise it's going on eBay with the Tron Solar Sailer B&W manual set I have as well.

PM sent