IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Not shrinkwrap. Loose, from what I recall. I'd need to dig out the one I have but I seem to recall it had some kind of perforations and was heat sealed at the ends. Hard to tell if it was pliable / supple originally - the one I have sounds kinds of crinkly -- but isn't disintegrating.

Pretty sure others were just clear plastic, pretty thin, but sealed and not shrunk. That said, I think they do tend to be small enough to curl the manual a little around the cart.

• Like 1

Hmm. Keith somehow ended up with a handful of shrinkwrapped Utopias with color manuals. They have price stickers though (mine says 5.99 on the left and 3.00 on the right), so I always wondered if it was something a reseller gave him or something he intended to sell or what. He gave me one because he thought it was ridiculous I didn't have a play copy (my boxed one is shrinkwrapped), but, y'know, this one's shrinkwrapped too so...

post-47483-0-32455100-1527705222_thumb.jpeg

Probably relevant to the conversation: when we were going through inventory at the Inty office, there were lots of empty game boxes. We found some that were for one game, with a black & white photocopy of the manual cover for something else glued to the front. There was one - a Diner box with a Slap Shot label - that actually had a Slap Shot cart inside, so the prevailing theory is that these were supposed to be sold off. If any of you own something like this or see one in the wild, it's probably legit.

Now don't go all crazy collector on me! We removed the labels.

:o

post-47483-0-78089800-1527712381_thumb.jpeg

post-47483-0-67067900-1527712393_thumb.jpeg

post-47483-0-18907400-1527712401_thumb.jpeg

Those are the ones I took home to de-label. There was also a Triple Action with a Triple Challenge label, and others that Steve did himself that I didn't pay much attention to at the time.

Edited by colormesticky
  • Like 3

Crazy stuff! Black & White Word Fun on a Thin Ice box? Was it yellow-sign or white sign Thin Ice underneath? :P (Sorry, a bit of the cray-cray-collector leaked out ... couldn't hold it in - it gets dangerous when the pressure builds up too much.)

• Like 3

Crazy stuff! Black & White Word Fun on a Thin Ice box? Was it yellow-sign or white sign Thin Ice underneath? :P (Sorry, a bit of the cray-cray-collector leaked out ... couldn't hold it in - it gets dangerous when the pressure builds up too much.)

it's clearly white sign. Anyway, lol
  • Like 2

an I.I. Space Battle box exists, though. I would like to list the games with B&W manual wich never came with an I.I. box, a la Tron S.S.

Only the six I listed?

I think Humblejack was pointing out that there could be more of these 'baggy-only' releases once the I.I. boxes ran out. For something like Tron Solar Sailer, which never sold well, it's unlikely they ever ran out of original materials, so just kept selling the 'new old stock'. Space Battle was one of the stalwarts of the game lineup, so it "deserved" the full I.I. treatment. Maybe they ran out of the I.I. materials when it was clear that The End was near, so no more boxes were made.

Heheheh, white sign indeed. And the label came off almost clean! The Night Stalker/Motocrosses didn't fare so well. Somebody was glue happy.

attachicon.gifreceived_10216121158758454.jpeg

please let the collector do his job.

What does the Thin Ice box have on the bottom flap? Game name only or game name + UPC barcode?

• Like 1

another B&W manual we don't see often:

Tennis I.I..jpg

again, manual printed in USA and cart made in Hong Kong

I believe that Tennis cart is rare as well. My B&W Tennis manual came with the same cart. I challenge anyone to find a Tennis cart like that (Hong Kong label, no screw holes, rectangle slots in the back) ;-)

Heheheh, white sign indeed. And the label came off almost clean! The Night Stalker/Motocrosses didn't fare so well. Somebody was glue happy.

received_10216121158758454.jpeg

Is that a full manual or just the cover? Either way, it's pretty rare (depending on when it was photocopied). No Mattel branding on it. Neat.

For later comparison, as prices are rising so fast...

I am still waiting for delivery, but I paid GBP 35, +10 P&P ($60 total) for an Intellivision and 2 carts from UK.

It hardly seems a "deal" compared to USA ones I read about here, but for the UK/Netherlands it was good...
that was the absolutely cheapest working unit I could find from UK (because money is tight at the moment).

It has had a hard life too, but is working, with both controllers in fair condition. Sadly metal bits are scratched.
Obviously I did not buy it as a collector's piece, but as a first working Intellivision. (I got the handhelds before.)

post-3013-0-80439700-1527793493_thumb.jpg

The unit has some problems with TV quality I'm told. If anybody has any ideas, please let me know. I do also
plan to fit a composite video mod to it, and I hope that it will resolve the problem. I hope I did not buy a lemon!

Cheers, Richard / JustClaws.

post-3013-0-47261400-1528030985_thumb.jpg

post-3013-0-77521900-1528031014_thumb.jpg