IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

• 1 month later...

For someone that buys as much Inty stuff as I do, I feel like I rarely get a good deal, and quite frankly more commonly end up overpaying. Here is an exception. I saw this auction for a lot of 8 manuals and I saw there was a Turbo manual so I thought 99 cents sounded like a pretty good deal. Turns out I received a couple of nice surprises albeit nothing crazy. Either I didn't notice or they were flipped over but there were French Canadian manuals for Space Hawk, NFL Football and Burgertime (which is harder to find), regular boring old Space Armada and Mission X as well as the only Hover Force manual there is. Cooler than those though were the top stapled Bump'n'Jump and coolest of all was the Turbo turned out to be the French Canadian version which is definitely very hard to find. All in all 99 cents well spent.

By the way this is a precursor to a series of manual language variation threads I have planned in the next little while, likely starting with the French Canadian ones as I am on a kick to finish a number of them.

post-25458-0-49074300-1558643741_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

For someone that buys as much Inty stuff as I do, I feel like I rarely get a good deal, and quite frankly more commonly end up overpaying. Here is an exception. I saw this auction for a lot of 8 manuals and I saw there was a Turbo manual so I thought 99 cents sounded like a pretty good deal. Turns out I received a couple of nice surprises albeit nothing crazy. Either I didn't notice or they were flipped over but there were French Canadian manuals for Space Hawk, NFL Football and Burgertime (which is harder to find), regular boring old Space Armada and Mission X as well as the only Hover Force manual there is. Cooler than those though were the top stapled Bump'n'Jump and coolest of all was the Turbo turned out to be the French Canadian version which is definitely very hard to find. All in all 99 cents well spent.

By the way this is a precursor to a series of manual language variation threads I have planned in the next little while, likely starting with the French Canadian ones as I am on a kick to finish a number of them.

Good thing you still had $1. left after all the other stuff you've bought,so you could make this purchase too!?

I must be getting rusty. I watched the auction, saw the Turbo and considered bidding, but never noticed the French Canadian variants. Nice score!

I must be getting rusty. I watched the auction, saw the Turbo and considered bidding, but never noticed the French Canadian variants. Nice score!

Looking back at the auction pics only the Space Hawk and Football showed the French Canadian sides so I definitely hadn't noticed either. It's nice when you stumble into something like this.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not directly Intellivision.

But I love the other Mattel Electronics stuff of this era too. The handhelds, Aquarius and Synsonics drums.

So I stumbled over this 7" single featuring the Synsonics drums.

It's only a flexi-disc, but double sided.

On side 1 it's a introduction of the Synsonics drums with French narration.

On side 2 are a few short music pieces featuring the Synsonics drums as drum kit.

Nice little piece of history. :)

post-30718-0-39642200-1559918929_thumb.jpeg

post-30718-0-74739600-1559918954_thumb.jpeg

post-30718-0-12470600-1559918975_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

Anyone else ever notice this about the Mr. Basic Meets Bits 'N Bytes manuals...

The left (upside down) manual uses what we call in the printing business a Wire Bind: square hole punches and a double wire insert.

The right manual has a Coil Bind: round hole punches with a spiral wire spun through the line and crimped at the ends.

MB01.jpg

Another look at the back with the same part number on each.

MB02.jpg

Both manuals are printed in the USA and there seems to be no other difference between them. Each was pulled from sealed copies with identical boxes. The only difference I could find beside the binding methods between the two copies of the game was that the one with the Coil manual came with a Singapore cart while the Wire version had the USA cart. All the other parts were the same.

I have never heard anyone speak of this variation before so I was wondering if this was a known thing?

• Like 4

Anyone else ever notice this about the Mr. Basic Meets Bits 'N Bytes manuals...

The left (upside down) manual uses what we call in the printing business a Wire Bind: square hole punches and a double wire insert.

The right manual has a Coil Bind: round hole punches with a spiral wire spun through the line and crimped at the ends.

MB01.jpg

Another look at the back with the same part number on each.

MB02.jpg

Both manuals are printed in the USA and there seems to be no other difference between them. Each was pulled from sealed copies with identical boxes. The only difference I could find beside the binding methods between the two copies of the game was that the one with the Coil manual came with a Singapore cart while the Wire version had the USA cart. All the other parts were the same.

I have never heard anyone speak of this variation before so I was wondering if this was a known thing?

good job, detective the1hatman! That's totally new to me. I'll check mine when I'm home

I bought a lot of games and items recently (Atari ST, Amstrad CPC and Videopac..).

Just received a nice Videoplexer NIB ! and a very rare Videopac (Magnavox Odyssey 2) game : Trans American Rally

I'd be really curious to know how much you paid for that little gem. The Videoplexer, I mean (my apologies, the Videopac doesn't attract me much). It seems to me that its price fluctuates much. Am I right?
  • Like 1

I bought a lot of games and items recently (Atari ST, Amstrad CPC and Videopac..).

Just received a nice Videoplexer NIB ! and a very rare Videopac (Magnavox Odyssey 2) game : Trans American Rally

Your limitless supply of Videoplexers. Do you now have a boxed one to share? ;)

• Like 1