IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

I'd be really curious to know how much you paid for that little gem. The Videoplexer, I mean (my apologies, the Videopac doesn't attract me much). It seems to me that its price fluctuates much. Am I right?

I can't say about the price ;)

Yes, I think the price fluctuates. But I checked my email I sold in 2005 my very first Videplexer at 500 euros, it was in box (no instruction). One NIB was recently sold for more 1000 euros. I think CIB is around 750 to 1000$ ?

Your limitless supply of Videoplexers. Do you now have a boxed one to share? ;)

Ahah for sure ;)

I have had 4 in my hands in all my collector life (since 1999) !

I sold the very first one in 2005 to Roger (psycho stormtrooper). The second one I have had was bought to a French collector. I sold it :)

It is the second NIB I have in my hand but I sold the other one. So, there is only one in the Southern of France ;)

lol. If the Videoplexers were trackable we'd see a weird concentration of red dots in Southern France

lolll

You mean: one really big dot! :)

Maybe I have 25 ? ;)

Anyone else ever notice this about the Mr. Basic Meets Bits 'N Bytes manuals...

The left (upside down) manual uses what we call in the printing business a Wire Bind: square hole punches and a double wire insert.

The right manual has a Coil Bind: round hole punches with a spiral wire spun through the line and crimped at the ends.

MB01.jpg

Another look at the back with the same part number on each.

MB02.jpg

Both manuals are printed in the USA and there seems to be no other difference between them. Each was pulled from sealed copies with identical boxes. The only difference I could find beside the binding methods between the two copies of the game was that the one with the Coil manual came with a Singapore cart while the Wire version had the USA cart. All the other parts were the same.

I have never heard anyone speak of this variation before so I was wondering if this was a known thing?

Nice find! I'll have to check mine. Have you looked into any of the other ECS books (Computer Module Owner's Guide, System Changer Guide, Synthesizer Guide)?

Nice find! I'll have to check mine. Have you looked into any of the other ECS books (Computer Module Owner's Guide, System Changer Guide, Synthesizer Guide)?

I have not but then I only have 1 each of those so I don't have anything to make a comparison with. There very well could be more binding variations for all ECS items.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

With these 7 titles I just completed my Bandai collection (I think? 22 games?)

these are all sealed but a couple have bad shrink warpage so I think I will let them breathe.

DDE1283E-072E-4BE2-8E0E-83B1BE7A7B70.jpeg

Awesome! Congrats! Still need one myself....thread coming soon on this likely with pic from Steve for the one I need. Lol. 

I don’t think so, which seems odd, but I could never find mention of it anywhere online. There were 2 Bandai game catalogs, a blue one that had 17 games in it, and a red one that had 5 more, no basketball in them. The Bandai system box has screenshots of 34 games, but I don’t think they released them all. 

B9F0B5C2-D33E-4AB2-9C17-EBAE26046B34.thumb.jpeg.a973e4e0e68cbd51cf417c34f3ac896f.jpeg