IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

Is this one hard to find?   I hadn’t seen it before and have been unable to track down a pic from other collections. 

B17B81B6-5DED-467B-876A-3A0537275612.jpeg

I have an extra controller from one of these that came in an ebay lot. They were detachable like the Inty 2 controllers.  Never seen the console in the flesh, though. 

2 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Is this one hard to find?   I hadn’t seen it before and have been unable to track down a pic from other collections. 

Not impossible to find once you start keeping an eye out, but takes some hunting.  Took me some time to find mine and I have only one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Fun fact:

The handsome lady adorning the cover of this brochure has also been prominently featured on a homebrew project.  But which one? ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Fun fact:

The handsome lady adorning the cover of this brochure has also been prominently featured on a homebrew project.  But which one? ?

I thought she looked familiar!   Sears overlay package!  Never connected the two before.  Neat. 

• Like 1

Not sure what happened, but all of the sudden I am collected sealed, unopened Intellivision games!

First (and only so far) eBay shipment arrived today with Star Strike, Utopia, Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack, Reversi, and Carnival.

I always preferred the book-style boxes, not the "top loaders".  Only Star Strike and Utopia are the book-style.  So now I have some trading stock and some research to do.  Each was only $10-15 w/ free shipping. 

Perhaps I'll collect a subset of the original 125--just the book style boxes.

Off to do some research...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gar0u said:

Not sure what happened, but all of the sudden I am collected sealed, unopened Intellivision games!

First (and only so far) eBay shipment arrived today with Star Strike, Utopia, Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack, Reversi, and Carnival.

I always preferred the book-style boxes, not the "top loaders".  Only Star Strike and Utopia are the book-style.  So now I have some trading stock and some research to do.  Each was only $10-15 w/ free shipping. 

Book style boxes are better known as gatefold boxes :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gar0u said:

An ambitious endeavor, I must say.  I'm lazily trying to complete a sealed gatefold set of Mattel Network games.  That's like 45 titles if you don't include the 1983 or ECS games (though some of those had gatefold box variants).  I'm also not being too picky about USA vs Hong Kong, white trays or not, or other box variants.  Just 45ish sealed gatefolds.  I need to see where I'm at on that... it's been a while since I actively pursued it.

Either way, good luck to you.  We're here if you need any advice or variant info ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gar0u said:

‘‘Tis a great adventure you’re about to embark on....??

• Like 1

Random eBay find for "Mattel electronics" here in the UK

Radio Rentals rented Tv's and appliances via Thorn group (EMI records) and they rented out inty cartridges ..assume they rented out the master component itself but found nothing online about that sadly

Mad now but TVs cost a lot in the 70s and early 80s and had reliability problems ..most people rented them

Thorn were involved in the early KC development on the tape side

inty.JPEG

• Like 5

On 5/28/2020 at 4:03 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Please don't think bad of me but I keep my Intellivision Sears and Atari Sears in the same storage envelope. I hope they never co-mingle. I hate to think what the offspring would be.

100_8370.thumb.JPG.2a7aa0b5618cd9396ae10546d4550987.JPG

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

Please don't think bad of me but I keep my Intellivision Sears and Atari Sears in the same storage envelope. I hope they never co-mingle. I hate to think what the offspring would be.

They are making some of their own green memories.

extra credit to anyone that knows where that reference is from