IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

So recently I had the pleasure to deal with a couple of folks from AA in rebuilding my Intellivision collection from when I was a kid. Like a lot of us in here Intellivision was my first console growing up and with the growing buzz to @Tommy Tallarico 's Amico coming in 2021 I wanted to see if I could find these games NIB and with the help of the 2 I'm about to mention I'm almost there :) 

First of all is Luc who goes by @Kamikazi26 in here. Luc runs a website called www.intellivisioncollector.com . There you can find tones of stuff from NIB, CIB, to homebrews. Luc responds quickly to messages and is a treat to deal with.

Then there is Hank who goes by @Humblejack . Hank sells privately and took the time to educate me on all sorts of things regarding the different types and variants of Intellivision releases over the years. Hank has a comprehensive list of games he has both NIB and CIB. The quality I've gotten from both of these fine gents is fantastic but in the video I'm linking below I show Atlantis (old Imagic game) which is in stellar condition which came from Hank. I've seen many copies of this on Ebay and they are always creased or ripped...this thing looked like it was off the shelf from 1980 and time travelled to my hands. I can gush it was my favourite game :) 

Thanks a bunch to Luc and Hank for their help...I'm almost there :)

I'm still looking for NIB He-man, Math Fun, and Tutankham if anyone has any leads.

Cheers all :)

The Wren

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Super Video Arcade I picked up today from a nice lady selling her kids old stuff.   Came with a boxed Intellivoice and two boxed games.  

It does have a display issue as described in a post I created in the main forum.  The lady will return my money but it’s so pretty I don’t want to return it.  I think it should be saved.  

A16E9B99-213C-416D-8538-D00E955AA6A6.jpeg

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

This is the Super Video Arcade I picked up today from a nice lady selling her kids old stuff.   Came with a boxed Intellivoice and two boxed games.  

It does have a display issue as described in a post I created in the main forum.  The lady will return my money but it’s so pretty I don’t want to return it.  I think it should be saved.  

If you want to sell it PM me

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

1 hour ago, Steve Jones said:

If you want to sell it PM me

1 hour ago, Kamikazi26 said:

And if Steve passes, let me know. I’m searching  for a great condition Sears Video Arcade (preferably NOT working, but intact). 

cheers Chris!

Apparently Canadians hoard these things. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After loosing several auctions these last days today I got this Carl’s Mueller’s Jr DK for 76 bucks but I don’t know if it’s a good deal or not...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233791001619

May be yes since the last ones sold recently were always over the $100 and the other one currently on Ebay is at 175 bucks...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273268774354

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

After loosing several auctions these last days today I got this Carl’s Mueller’s Jr DK for 76 bucks but I don’t know if it’s a good deal or not...

May be yes since the last ones sold recently were always over the $100 and the other one currently on Ebay is at 175 bucks...

I think that's a good deal. It's a great game!

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Seems reasonable, I paid $85 last year.

On 11/29/2020 at 4:58 PM, Sinjinhawke said:

I would not be in a hurry to return it, the box alone would have many collectors drooling over it I expect.

The console itself also looks amazing. I picked up one off eBay a few months ago and while it works great it is a rather unfortunate 'nicotine yellow' now, which seems is a common problem with this model of console as result of exposure to sunlight reacting with the plastic.

So it is also desirable in that the moulding is (or at least appears) to still be the original tan coloring.

It probably would be well worth keeping and seeing if the video issue can be repaired.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tavi said:

It probably would be well worth keeping and seeing if the video issue can be repaired.

Oh I couldn't take it back.  I want to get a look at the board and order chips to replace the possibly defective ones.  I did recently desolder 8 bad DRAM chips in my Atari 130xe and replaced them with sockets and some new RAM.  The computer works but the job I did looks quite poor.  I broke a capacitor in the process so had to replace that.   If the job looks simple enough I might do it or just buy the part(s) and get a qualified technician to do it for me.

Such a nice looking console.

On 12/2/2020 at 5:00 PM, Sinjinhawke said:

Oh I couldn't take it back.  I want to get a look at the board and order chips to replace the possibly defective ones.  I did recently desolder 8 bad DRAM chips in my Atari 130xe and replaced them with sockets and some new RAM.  The computer works but the job I did looks quite poor.  I broke a capacitor in the process so had to replace that.   If the job looks simple enough I might do it or just buy the part(s) and get a qualified technician to do it for me.

Such a nice looking console.

Hi.  Don't bring it back...don't even repair it.  This is what you do.

Unless you are completely against swapping out parts and making it "unoriginal", buy a working 2609 that's not in the best shape.  You can then swap out the EXEC chip of the 2609 with the Sears board, put it all back together with the working INTV board and Sears EXEC plugged in... and have a bunch of good working spares to boot.

This is how I built two of my Sears units that came to me looking as good as your, but didn't work.  To find one in the condition that one is in, with the box is very rare. 

Up to you,  but other than the EXEC chip, and the controller extenders, the two units are the same guts.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 10:44 AM, Sinjinhawke said:

I am going to try swapping out some of the socketed chips this week with the non working Intellivision I have.  I got the top RF shield off the Sears exposing the motherboard.  So much solder on every single tab.  

This is the same unit you posted the other thread about right?  If so, sounds like you're doing ok. 

If you need it, I have a spare Sears board I can sell you.  The case was badly yellowed so I tried to paint it.  Looks terrible, but from what I remember it worked good.  I'll run it up on my bench and make sure it works good.  If you're interested, let me know.  I'll send you all the guys as well so you'll have spares if you need them. 

PM if you need it 

1 hour ago, IMBerzerk said:

This is the same unit you posted the other thread about right?  If so, sounds like you're doing ok. 

If you need it, I have a spare Sears board I can sell you.  The case was badly yellowed so I tried to paint it.  Looks terrible, but from what I remember it worked good.  I'll run it up on my bench and make sure it works good.  If you're interested, let me know.  I'll send you all the guys as well so you'll have spares if you need them. 

PM if you need it 

Appreciated.  I have removed two of the RAM chips and put in sockets.  I will remove the other two this week and add sockets.  Hopefully once the new RAM arrives I can just pop them in and be good to go.  If not I will send a message.  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...