IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Got Worm Whomper and Dreadnaught Factor in a lot of 10 games and a working Mattel 2609 for only $70 about three months back via Craig's List.

Also just today, I won a Mattel Baseball (after the license was gone) in the gatefold box with the odd rear instruction manual mounting thing for $7.50.  Kinda stoked on that and trying to see what other post license Mattel sports games there are.

Since getting back into the Intellivision thing, some of the prices are frickin' stunning.  Trying to get the Intellivision Inc. releases as well, and yeah some are crazy tough to find.

Edited by Omnibro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Omnibro said:

Got Worm Whomper and Dreadnaught Factor in a lot of 10 games and a working Mattel 2609 for only $70 about three months back via Craig's List.

Also just today, I won a Mattel Baseball (after the license was gone) in the gatefold box with the odd rear instruction manual mounting thing for $7.50.  Kinda stoked on that and trying to see what other post license Mattel sports games there are.

Since getting back into the Intellivision thing, some of the prices are frickin' stunning.  Trying to get the Intellivision Inc. releases as well, and yeah some are crazy tough to find.

Love me some Worm Whomper and Dreadnaught Factor!  Intellivision Inc is a fun subset to collect for with tons of variations.  There are notable Grails in there, though.  I still need Super Series Baseball, but I'll find one someday.

5 hours ago, Omnibro said:

Mattel and "after the license was gone" do not go together. However, international and UK boxes without the license are the rule. The slotted boxes are international boxes. There are sometimes 0810 UK boxes with no license as well (and no slots and full text on the back). Australian releases come both slotted and 0810 UK boxes, normally, and those will have white Lifestyle Electronics labels, usually on the bottom.

• Like 2

Hello all, if this is not the correct place to post this then please redirect me. I'm looking to buy one original overlay for Imagic Dracula for Intellivision, in very good condition or better. I do not want a reproduction (I already went that route and wasn't satisfied). I am willing to buy a boxed game to get the one thing I'm after. I haven't had any luck on eBay, eStarland, or Etsy, or at my local game shops. Are there any other online dealers I should check? Or does anyone on AA have one he or she might part with? Thanks!

dracula overlay.jpeg

On 1/12/2021 at 6:32 PM, Omnibro said:

Maybe it is, not sure.  I dig weird variations.  There is a Golf one on there as well, but the box is in pretty shoddy condition.  But I may go grab that too for the helluvit.

Id like to know more about it.

I've been seeing a lot of those "manual on the back" variations on eBay lately.  Tron Deadly Discs and Night Stalker if I recall correctly...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gar0u said:

I've been seeing a lot of those "manual on the back" variations on eBay lately.  Tron Deadly Discs and Night Stalker if I recall correctly...

That are the international versions. If it has english instructions on the back it's probably from the UK or Australia (you can tell by the copyright/production notes on the bottom flap).

Other languages are french, german, italian, japanese and more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 3:06 PM, Atari_Bill said:

I don’t think this is anything major, but I grabbed it because I hadn’t ever seen the Intellivision version before especially still in box.  I know the Atari version is fairly common. How many folks have come across this for the Intellivision?

F582D233-FF07-43C5-B6FA-E73538B838AA.thumb.jpeg.c7f2d4cf4fd6c95b7464814997080cfa.jpeg

I don't think I've ever seen one of those.  Neat!

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I don't think I've ever seen one of those.  Neat!

Oh hell yeah. That looks way more useful than this god-awful sears tele-games "organizer" thing. The way they want you to insert your game carts is the worst. They're always falling over and the whole thing quickly becomes a plastic box where all of your games are haphazardly piled up for you to sort through until you find the one you wanted. If you even still want to play it by the time you find it.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:06 PM, Atari_Bill said:

I don’t think this is anything major, but I grabbed it because I hadn’t ever seen the Intellivision version before especially still in box.  I know the Atari version is fairly common. How many folks have come across this for the Intellivision?

F582D233-FF07-43C5-B6FA-E73538B838AA.thumb.jpeg.c7f2d4cf4fd6c95b7464814997080cfa.jpeg

Great pick up. I have the Atari version of this and the Inty is definitely harder to find

4 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

I know it’s the first time I’ve seen the Inty version.  Surprising. You wouldn’t think production numbers would be that different.  

Agreed. I must admit I haven't looked for them actively but recently bought a second version of the Atari one. I'd like a boxed Inty one at some point. There's a loose one on eBay.