IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

10 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

That's awesome. I never saw those before!

7 hours ago, Intymike said:

very rare, very cool! congrats!

Thanks!  I've been working on the set for years.  Still missing:

IBM Night Stalker

Apple II Burgertime

Are there others?

Looks like IBM Lock'n'Chase was at least considered:

Screenshot_20210415-210802.thumb.png.4569d9f1f689884d46c2711282bfe0b3.png

16 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I recently picked this up:

IMG_20210414_181207.thumb.jpg.fb17bc49a7998f9fc19bf1343b13b2fa.jpg

IMG_20210414_181137.thumb.jpg.1b743c6e0dc282685e0ac0c423b9564e.jpg 

Sealed, but had some pretty unsightly tape residue across the front and both spines.

Will it clean up?

IMG_20210414_191635.thumb.jpg.7fb4dfd967b2f1abc6de60caa25a5de4.jpg

IMG_20210414_191523.thumb.jpg.5d23aa5340e4838092b970209da1678a.jpg

Yes.

Happy Family:

IMG_20210414_192450.thumb.jpg.4fe7548d34b6eafcaf7e9b64efb7a1fb.jpg

How did you clean it? Did you use a solvent?

• Haha 1

I mean, why go out and purchase expensive industrial solvents when our own bodies have been provided with an arsenal of effective natural secretions.  They're great solvents, basically free of cost, safe for use on most surfaces and, other than the occasional blood borne disease, ok for human contact.

[Channeling inner Sham Wow guy]

Got some sticker residue on your cardboard box?  Isopropyl will only ruin the cardboard.  Ear wax or forehead grease will take it right off and leave that box unmarred!  Blood stains?  Much in the same way you use dry erase markers to remove permanent marker, just use more blood!

*** Bonus Life Pro tip ***

Sealed games are basically wearing raincoats, so feel free to get creative ?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I mean, why go out and purchase expensive industrial solvents when our own bodies have been provided with an arsenal of effective natural secretions.  They're great solvents, basically free of cost, safe for use on most surfaces and, other than the occasional blood borne disease, ok for human contact.

[Channeling inner Sham Wow guy]

Got some sticker residue on your cardboard box?  Isopropyl will only ruin the cardboard.  Ear wax or forehead grease will take it right off and leave that box unmarred!  Blood stains?  Much in the same way you use dry erase markers to remove permanent marker, just use more blood!

*** Bonus Life Pro tip ***

Sealed games are basically wearing raincoats, so feel free to get creative ?

I hope you don't hand wash your dishes.  ?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

Well... I bought the busted-box Melody Blaster for $45. Now I just need to repair my Music Synthesizer so I can play it!

image.png.78eb1b951efb8d488b95285dfcfefda0.png

EDIT: Just realized the game cart is not included. Seeing if I can cancel order. That's a high price for a busted box without the game. My mistake.

That’s really bad!

If you don’t succede in canceling the order just know that I could buy you the manual and overlayers...

Just PM me.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

That’s really bad!

If you don’t succede in canceling the order just know that I could buy you the manual and overlayers...

Just PM me.

Thank you friend. The seller was professional about it and already refunded me. I also feel bad for inconveniencing him. However, when I saw the original listing at $49, or whatever was, I mistakenly assumed the game cart was included after seeing the callout for the manual, box, and overlay. It was in the description if you expanded it, but I saw the game and knew I had to act fast with all you AA vultures. (Lol, JK)

Edited by Intelligentleman

3 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Intv is not my area of expertise... is the red stripe variant hard to come by? I’ve got a boxed one I got for cheap years ago but it doesn’t work.

I don't think it's particularly hard to find, although i do not have a box for either of my INTV IIs. I got this one for $49.99 a few days ago. I just like them, aesthetically. I think the INTY II and matching accessories have aged well.

Edited by Intelligentleman

Something else I noticed about this new system - the RF video output is really good when I plug it directly into my TV's coax input. It's definitely a nicer picture than my composite-modded non-red-stripe INTV II. In fact, i think it's probably the best looking (video output) of all three of my INTV systems, including my 2609 woodgrain upstairs.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Got this Math Fun Intellivision Inc at $6,99.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363392628634

A bit rough but the price was quite interesting: a month ago there was one sold at 45 bucks in similar conditions...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133641686860

Patience always pays...

That's an awesome price for a pretty hard to find variant. Congrats