IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

18 hours ago, BigDumer said:

After a long dry spell, I splurged quite a bit in June, getting many key pieces, including the French Canadian B-17 Bomber which was my most wanted game!

INTY_June.thumb.jpg.ffe891cd91185465ea5d3236d48f7ff1.jpg

Thanks to @Kamikazi26 - I bought the SEARS SNAFU from his "going on vacation" sale and traded with him for the FCTVVO Checkers.  Bought the SEARS Backgammon from another great collector (who is on AA but I don't know his handle) and I bought the other 3 on eBay.

Fantastic !!!

Congratulations!?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

A couple recent purchases from eBay. I made an offer on the box and they accepted surprisingly.  Rough shape but there might be a gem in there.  ?

4BD8B658-1FD7-4E3A-8A9D-DC2572C4E2AB.thumb.jpeg.0da9e38165c06a414f5349f41393e475.jpeg8225F776-161B-45E1-BDEB-F632A7991C99.thumb.jpeg.0d25c1a34244ee5e2d62540c60ef8751.jpeg

Another BIG FISH caught in the wild! I love it!...Those are the best finds!!

Ok, I’ve got to say my luck has been quite a bit better than normal.   I think part of that is that I’m now retired and watch eBay more than I used to.  In the last few months I found a complete Cannon Man (Sears Atari) title at $25.  This one was one of my ‘I will never have’ titles.  

Following that, I picked up the box in the above posts with a complete Learning Fun I for less than $100. 

Unbelievably, I just got another find in the mail probably better than the other two.  I stumbled across a new listing for 6 Intellivision carts shown below

93F3906C-A900-4CF3-8731-B5E0BFEB8B42.thumb.jpeg.65e366d1b3acc9e52ca285c5dd1d451b.jpeg

I thought that looks like a nice upgrade for my Tower of Doom and the BIN was $90 so yeah…..I’ll probably get it.  I went to look at other pics of it and the second picture said “do a buy it now and I’ll throw in these 2 kids games as well”. ???????

605432CB-668D-4E75-B64D-1F50AAEFA9DA.thumb.jpeg.94682137ccbc14c765b2fe4b25e34af0.jpeg

I kept expecting it to be a scam or them to cancel at the last minute, but no I just got them.  The Tower of Doom is very nice. The 2 Learning Funs are really, really nice. Each has a small crease on the side though.  Other than that almost perfect!   Beyond excited for these. My current boxes are getting a HUGE upgrade!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Ok, I’ve got to say my luck has been quite a bit better than normal.   I think part of that is that I’m now retired and watch eBay more than I used to.  In the last few months I found a complete Cannon Man (Sears Atari) title at $25.  This one was one of my ‘I will never have’ titles.  

Following that, I picked up the box in the above posts with a complete Learning Fun I for less than $100. 

Unbelievably, I just got another find in the mail probably better than the other two.  I stumbled across a new listing for 6 Intellivision carts shown below

93F3906C-A900-4CF3-8731-B5E0BFEB8B42.thumb.jpeg.65e366d1b3acc9e52ca285c5dd1d451b.jpeg

I thought that looks like a nice upgrade for my Tower of Doom and the BIN was $90 so yeah…..I’ll probably get it.  I went to look at other pics of it and the second picture said “do a buy it now and I’ll throw in these 2 kids games as well”. ???????

605432CB-668D-4E75-B64D-1F50AAEFA9DA.thumb.jpeg.94682137ccbc14c765b2fe4b25e34af0.jpeg

I kept expecting it to be a scam or them to cancel at the last minute, but no I just got them.  The Tower of Doom is very nice. The 2 Learning Funs are really, really nice. Each has a small crease on the side though.  Other than that almost perfect!   Beyond excited for these. My current boxes are getting a HUGE upgrade!

Woah ? Congrats ? 

9 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Congrats !! but to tell the truth.... I'm really felling stupid.... because I saw the auction but I was too busy and didn't check the other pictures... ahah. 

22 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

QUICK!!! GO BUY A LOTTERY TICKET!!!

lol

mega high-five! Congrats!! Very awesome find!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Awesome! Congrats! 

24 minutes ago, scalpel said:

Congrats !! but to tell the truth.... I'm really felling stupid.... because I saw the auction but I was too busy and didn't check the other pictures... ahah. 

I thought that it had other viewers before me.  I’ve learned over the years to look closely at all the pics. 

58 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

That fantastic Bill!?

Congratulations!

But now that you have too many LF1 you gotta help the rest of the community and sell one to me for example!!!????

• Haha 1

Congrats!  I think I saw that auction too.

I was feeling happy about my white label backgammon cart w/manual.  Don’t have I.I. box but think the white label cart is the hardest to find.  I think I did ok got in lot with mostly commons for under $100.  What an approx. value on white label backgammon?  I know it’s the 1st one I finally got my hands on lol.

Congrats again on LF1 & LF2!!

18 minutes ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

I was feeling happy about my white label backgammon cart w/manual.  Don’t have I.I. box but think the white label cart is the hardest to find.  I think I did ok got in lot with mostly commons for under $100.  What an approx. value on white label backgammon?  I know it’s the 1st one I finally got my hands on lol.

Thanks!  It’s hard to say what a white label backgammon is worth.  It’s rarer than just about anything out there, but only so many people would be interested in it.  

43 minutes ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

Congrats on the pickup.  Don't forget about your double labeled Sharp Shot in there as well ?

• Like 2

Hi Jason,

Thanks!  That’s too funny - I swear to you the only 2 items I needed in that lot were the backgammon white cart & that Sharp Shot double labeled cart which amazingly after 3-decades is my 1st double labeled cart lol.  I think you have a nice sunset of like 18 of these right congrats!  I don’t go to crazy with variants but like the I.I. & Sears & pick up a few here and there in lots nothing crazy.

Hope all is well buddy!

joe

8 minutes ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

Hi Jason,

Thanks!  That’s too funny - I swear to you the only 2 items I needed in that lot were the backgammon white cart & that Sharp Shot double labeled cart which amazingly after 3-decades is my 1st double labeled cart lol.  I think you have a nice sunset of like 18 of these right congrats!  I don’t go to crazy with variants but like the I.I. & Sears & pick up a few here and there in lots nothing crazy.

Hope all is well buddy!

joe

Two great pickups Joe! Especially that white label Backgammon. ??

• Like 1

Thanks Chris!  Haven’t followed Vancouver Canucks this off season hope they did well in the expansion draft.  Isles cleared some space so hopefully they can get some additional help.

PS: my French Canadian variation collection is so pathetic lol - after all these years you would think by accident I would have 15 but I probably have Utopie & a few more lol.  One day I’ll transact with one of you fine folks up North.

hope all is good buddy!  We still need opposite Spiker variants or were you able to get “VOLLEYBALL” yet?

1 hour ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

Thanks Chris!  Haven’t followed Vancouver Canucks this off season hope they did well in the expansion draft.  Isles cleared some space so hopefully they can get some additional help.

PS: my French Canadian variation collection is so pathetic lol - after all these years you would think by accident I would have 15 but I probably have Utopie & a few more lol.  One day I’ll transact with one of you fine folks up North.

hope all is good buddy!  We still need opposite Spiker variants or were you able to get “VOLLEYBALL” yet?

Yah we lost a kid who might not end up being an NHL'er so not the end of the world. Next few days will be interesting. 
I still have lots of FC extras when you're ready. :) 

And yes I still need the VOLLEYBALL version, I have the other two. ?

Hi Chris oh ok that’s not bad at all for Nucks then.  Definitely one day I’ll email you & maybe I can pickup some FC commons.  I have a slip I need to copy for you for that controller you got from me - good buy by the way lol.  Never see the thing then see 2 in 6-months in the wild.  Ok so we both need the other Spiker - both so damn rare.  I opened mine from plastic.  Definitely will keep you in mind if I ever need to unload or if by some devine intervention I get an extra.  Haven’t seen “VOLLEYBALL” or “Super Pro Volleyball” in a long time!   Got mine ~10 years ago & paid a lot then.

48 minutes ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

Hi Chris oh ok that’s not bad at all for Nucks then.  Definitely one day I’ll email you & maybe I can pickup some FC commons.  I have a slip I need to copy for you for that controller you got from me - good buy by the way lol.  Never see the thing then see 2 in 6-months in the wild.  Ok so we both need the other Spiker - both so damn rare.  I opened mine from plastic.  Definitely will keep you in mind if I ever need to unload or if by some devine intervention I get an extra.  Haven’t seen “VOLLEYBALL” or “Super Pro Volleyball” in a long time!   Got mine ~10 years ago & paid a lot then.

My only version is the’Volleyball’ version that I got years ago.  Back then I didn’t think anything about it and opened the plastic bag and removed it.  Wish I had left it sealed.  

53 minutes ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

Yah I certainly paid for mine too. Maybe one day I’ll stumble on to one of these great deals. 

5 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

My only version is the’Volleyball’ version that I got years ago.  Back then I didn’t think anything about it and opened the plastic bag and removed it.  Wish I had left it sealed.  

Ouch! I thankfully never ripped open my bagged one. Can’t remember seeing one of those in forever.