IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

38 minutes ago, Omnibro said:

It's the short box version from Intellivision, Inc..  They're tough to come across.

Just got the gatefold Buzz Bombers tonight from eBay.  Stoked to finally find this one as well. 

You got that one huh?   Nice pickup!  It was in great shape.  I’d have jumped on it if I didn’t already have it.  I’m searching for the gatefold Mission X at the moment.  

At the top of this page, this message shows an image of SNAFU with "For Color TV Viewing Only" at the bottom of the box.

Is "FCTVVO" something different?  I'm really new to collecting, but I bought whatever I could in the 80s and played the hell out of it.  ;)

There are only 8 FCTVVO boxed games.  If you will note in the pics below right above the title in small black letters is the FCTVVO except for Baseball and Football which are in the bottom portion of the window.

BTW: Baseball and Football are extremely easy to find. IM me and I will send you a set to get you started.

2073681048_ArmorBattleMEUSAFCTVVO1.thumb.JPG.e3f6a154a1fa5f1e203af643398447be.JPG

344520093_BackgammonUSAFCTVVO1.thumb.JPG.1cfff29a4d441ff2c7031bc1be366873.JPG

503071077_BaseballUSAFCTVVO1.thumb.JPG.aae2ad9c70c6dbe6e4bebbdbde4c4003.JPG

614979371_BasketballFCTVVOUSA201.thumb.JPG.2fdb019aaa2c0de5a21ac592fe064c4e.JPG

850286029_CheckersFCTVVOUSA301.thumb.JPG.9b3778fd40f5cd999a8664d545b328bb.JPG

2140526725_FootballMEUSA4LFCTVVO1.thumb.JPG.94f296bef861481583151b31903d5fa5.JPG

589617391_MathFunMEUSA4LFCTVVO01.thumb.JPG.e183daf1539d6adf908b4fdb79358790.JPG

806613012_PokerME4LUSAFCTVVO201.thumb.JPG.6fad8525fe842719e620665819d36ee5.JPG

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gar0u said:

At the top of this page, this message shows an image of SNAFU with "For Color TV Viewing Only" at the bottom of the box.

Is "FCTVVO" something different?  I'm really new to collecting, but I bought whatever I could in the 80s and played the hell out of it.  ;)

Don’t feel bad.  This concept eluded me for the longest time as well. I saw people talking about it and thought, what’s the big deal?   Most of my boxes have that.  Never realizing that it referred to the small print on some of them.  

Some recent pickups.

IntyBuys.thumb.jpg.502dd9b1df6f72b6e36c6700a7267ac7.jpg

I paid top dollar for the SEARS Roulette on eBay but now I have most of the tough SEARS games.

The French Canadian Roulette was my new #1 most wanted game (after picking up FC B-17 Bomber earlier this summer) and I just fluked out. I checked eBay between meetings and this $10 CAD Buy-it-Now had just been posted. I bought it right away. Even with the writing on the cover I am so stoked to get this.

I don't usually get things like pins, but as the world record holder for Intellivision Lock'n'Chase, I couldn't pass this up. Maybe I'll wear it to the next PRGE.

Finally, I blame @Kamikazi26 for getting me on these loose French Canadian Coleco label stickers. Paid more than I should have for a beat-up Donkey Kong to get this.

Edited by BigDumer
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Some recent pickups.

IntyBuys.thumb.jpg.502dd9b1df6f72b6e36c6700a7267ac7.jpg

I paid top dollar for the SEARS Roulette on eBay but now I have most of the tough SEARS games.

The French Canadian Roulette was my new #1 most wanted game (after picking up FC B-17 Bomber earlier this summer) and I just fluked out. I checked eBay between meetings and this $10 CAD Buy-it-Now had just been posted. I bought it right away. Even with the writing on the cover I am so stoked to get this.

I don't usually get things like pins, but as the world record holder for Intellivision Lock'n'Chase, I couldn't pass this up. Maybe I'll wear it to the next PRGE.

Finally, I blame @Kamikazi26 for getting me on these loose French Canadian Coleco label stickers. Paid more than I should have for a beat-up Donkey Kong to get this.

Congrats again bud! You are on a roll!

I saw that roulette on marketplace, but I was too slow to pull the trigger. Was going to pick it up for a friend. 

as for the stickers, yeah. They are an awesome subset. Venture and turbo are the hardest to get. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

How much it is your record?

Congrats for the pickups!?

My record is 217,720 set nearly 19 years ago: https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/lock-n-chase/intellivision

Technically, a famous gamer named Todd Rogers held the record for about 12 years but all of his records were removed due to cheating allegations: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/01/29/a-man-accused-of-cheating-at-video-games-may-lose-his-decades-old-guinness-world-record/.  At the time I was happy - it took a famous gamer to beat me and he quadrupled my score (888,000) so I had no desire to try and beat him.

Pretty funny that the instructions for Lock'n'Chase note that the score rolls-over at 300,000 points and a counter displays the number of times it has rolled-over, to a maximum of 200 times...which is 60-million points.  And the world record didn't roll it over once.

Edited by BigDumer
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, BigDumer said:

My record is 217,720 set nearly 19 years ago: https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/lock-n-chase/intellivision

Technically, a famous gamer named Todd Rogers held the record for about 12 years but all of his records were removed due to cheating allegations: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/01/29/a-man-accused-of-cheating-at-video-games-may-lose-his-decades-old-guinness-world-record/.  At the time I was happy - it took a famous gamer to beat me and he quadrupled my score (888,000) so I had no desire to try and beat him.

Pretty funny that the instructions for Lock'n'Chase note that the score rolls-over at 300,000 points and a counter displays the number of times it has rolled-over, to a maximum of 200 times...which is 60-million points.  And the world record didn't roll it over once.

Wow!!! 217.720 it’s an amazing score!!! Congratulations !!!

880.000 seems simply insane!!!

Were you aware of an easter egg in Lock 'n' Chase to make millions of points in few minutes?

It’s not reported in Intvfunhouse. If you move vertical when you take the gate that brings you from the right of the maze to the left, the little man can go up and down, remaining on the very right side, just out of the maze, it can’t be caught, and the points start increasing very fast as much as you want… You can also go back into the maze and continue the play at any time, by moving right or left when you cross gate while moving vertically.

But I don’t remember the roll over at 300.000 points… When I’ll be back home I’ll check it (with the trick of course!)

55 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Wow!!! 217.720 it’s an amazing score!!! Congratulations !!!

880.000 seems simply insane!!!

Were you aware of an easter egg in Lock 'n' Chase to make millions of points in few minutes?

It’s not reported in Intvfunhouse. If you move vertical when you take the gate that brings you from the right of the maze to the left, the little man can go up and down, remaining on the very right side, just out of the maze, it can’t be caught, and the points start increasing very fast as much as you want… You can also go back into the maze and continue the play at any time, by moving right or left when you cross gate while moving vertically.

But I don’t remember the roll over at 300.000 points… When I’ll be back home I’ll check it (with the trick of course!)

I did know about the bug in the game...and I distinctly remember how I found out. I was in competition with my friend and coworker, Brad (he is currently in 2nd place) - we played this every day during our breaks and at lunch. One morning I came in and the TV had a note on it saying "Check the tape."  So I did and it was the GAME OVER screen with some insane high score. I couldn't believe that he had totally obliterated our current best score!  I thought the competition was over. When he came in, he rewound the tape and showed me the bug and how he used it to get a crazy score!  

Interestingly, he sent in his high score before me and during his High Score game he accidentally triggered the bug! But, if I recall, you need to move Lupin to the top of the screen (to where the score is) for the score to start rolling up and he just hung around the side of the screen until he was able to touch a cop to lose a life and continue the game without getting any extra score.

I also don't remember the 300,000 point rollover, now that you mention it!  Please share what you discover.

Hey,

I'm new posting on here. I thought I'd share a few things I picked up in a huge Intellivison collection I acquired. I haven't seen these before. Even though I was an Intellivision kid, I was probably too young to be a part of the fan club or mailing list. I always liked the artwork of Burgertime.

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Striker77 said:

Hey,

I'm new posting on here. I thought I'd share a few things I picked up in a huge Intellivison collection I acquired. I haven't seen these before. Even though I was an Intellivision kid, I was probably too young to be a part of the fan club or mailing list. I always liked the artwork of Burgertime.

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

The Intellivision news are tough to find.  I’m still looking for most of them myself.  

3 hours ago, Striker77 said:

Hey,

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

Awesome pickups! You're halfway on the Intellivision News and more than half way on the INTV catalogs. Any other cool non game stuff? 

3 hours ago, Striker77 said:

Hey,

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

Congratulations !

Any game that drow your attention ?

If any post sone pics!??

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Wow, that must have been just listed? Bizarre coincidence, I've checked on eBay the past few weeks to see if any others were floating around. Maybe someone lurking on here saw your post and listed them? hah

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Congratulations !

Any game that drow your attention ?

If any post sone pics!??

Thanks, well this drew my attention as I didn't even know it existed. Otherwise, the games I had as a child caught my attention most (Lock 'n' Chase, Night Stalker, Astrosmash, AD&D games, etc) for obvious nostalagic reasons. There were 65 games in all, so there were definitely some I never had..or heard of.

IMG_4599.jpg

• Like 4