IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

9 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Nabbed another Demo cart recently!  Also found a white label Armor Ambush on the Atari side to nearly complete the I.I. Atari games. Only missing Frogs & Flies.  

If you are not after CIB, I have a Frogs and Flies Atari black and blue label cart and instructions you can have for just the shipping cost.  PM me if you want it.

HJ

Was out grocery shopping today and popped into a random video store in an area I have not been to before.  As soon as you go in the door I saw this Tandyvision One that looked like it needed a good home.

My first Tandyvision.  Everything seems to be working perfectly.  Even my cart of Missile Domination that seems to have issues on my regular Intellivision works perfectly here.

Shame they didn't have the box but I am still pleased.

This is my new main unit.  The original, the INTV II and the Sears are close by if needed.

26411866_RSINTV.thumb.jpeg.b1085518cb1c5205bd9aaeff0ce02026.jpeg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Was out grocery shopping today and popped into a random video store in an area I have not been to before.  As soon as you go in the door I saw this Tandyvision One that looked like it needed a good home.

My first Tandyvision.  Everything seems to be working perfectly.  Even my cart of Missile Domination that seems to have issues on my regular Intellivision works perfectly here.

This is my new main unit.  The original, the INTV II and the Sears are close by if needed.

NICE pickup!

I also like that original silver TI99 setup with FinalGrom and expansion.  Nice.   Been waiting for a Super Pro Parsec since the first Intellivision Homebrew was a thing.

6 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Wow! Lucky you,great find.???

I really gotta get back out to thrift stores,garage sales and swap meets.

That's proof cool stuff is still out there.

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.

44 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

NICE pickup!

I also like that original silver TI99 setup with FinalGrom and expansion.  Nice.   Been waiting for a Super Pro Parsec since the first Intellivision Homebrew was a thing.

Yeah, the TI was an impulse buy.  Chap was selling it for $15.  Don't know anything about the TI but always thought they were slick looking with a great voice module.  Soldered a pass-through wire on to the voice module so I didn't need to buy a separate power supply for the ram upgrade.  Still a newbie at the TI99/4a but it's fun exploring the library.

23 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Wow! Lucky you,great find.???

I really gotta get back out to thrift stores,garage sales and swap meets.

That's proof cool stuff is still out there.

The pandemic lockdown made me try to find stimulating places beyond just my home and the local grocery stores.  I started looking for places that were farther away and have nice running trails.  Just happened to be a store there that I had never been to.  They also had an Intellivision 2 for $200.  Didn't even have the red stripe.  Don't understand why they want more than double the price for the Intv II.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

The TI was my first computer and the only system I collect for as well as the Intellivision, though just the games. I don’t need the educational programs. There is a healthy homebrew game scene for TI too, including Borzork, a Berzerk port by our Intellivision guru, Oscar Toledo G.

I saw the port of Super Mario for the F18 add-on.  It's jaw dropping.  I may splurge for that down the road.  I have an Atari 800xl that I have decked out with DVI video, 1mb ram, Fuji-net for wifi and a multi-cart so now starting to look at the TI upgrades that exist.  These retro machines with their modern upgrades can be such a rabbit hole.   

2 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Yeah, the TI was an impulse buy.  Chap was selling it for $15.  Don't know anything about the TI but always thought they were slick looking with a great voice module.  Soldered a pass-through wire on to the voice module so I didn't need to buy a separate power supply for the ram upgrade.  Still a newbie at the TI99/4a but it's fun exploring the library.

Star Runner,  Moon Patrol, Parsec, Some imagic games you may have seen on the Intellivision! 

• Like 1

It has already started on ebay.  Missile Command for Amico.

Only $69.99

I think I'll just got to the website and order all 4 games in this pack for $79.99 + Shipping if I wanted this game.

I have already ordered the 8 pack. So at this rate it would cost $559.96 for all 8 games.

What a bargain. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115053129238?hash=item1ac9b36e16:g:nNIAAOSwr4BhbhWT

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/17/2021 at 11:11 AM, Sinjinhawke said:

Awesome pickup! My daily driver is a Tandy as well. The sexiness cannot be denied! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Awesome pickup! My daily driver is a Tandy as well. The sexiness cannot be denied! 

After some gameplay I did find the left controller was struggling with maintaining motion with the left disc movement.  Tried cleaning the mylar but did not work.  Fortunately I have some spare mylar so we are good.

Replacing Intellivision mylar is not super easy.  Those things need to be positioned perfectly or you get some funky responses.  Takes some real finger dexterity to get things positioned correctly.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

After some gameplay I did find the left controller was struggling with maintaining motion with the left disc movement.  Tried cleaning the mylar but did not work.  Fortunately I have some spare mylar so we are good.

Replacing Intellivision mylar is not super easy.  Those things need to be positioned perfectly or you get some funky responses.  Takes some real finger dexterity to get things positioned correctly.  

Do enough of them and it gets kinda easy. Trick for me is to also clean the contacts of the Mylar to the coiled cable connection. Even though it looks ok, oxidization occurs and residue builds up and affects proper connection. I use a scotch bright pad on those connectors very gently. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Do enough of them and it gets kinda easy. Trick for me is to also clean the contacts of the Mylar to the coiled cable connection. Even though it looks ok, oxidization occurs and residue builds up and affects proper connection. I use a scotch bright pad on those connectors very gently. 

Good to know.  I kept the original mylar as they didn't look broken, just worn.  The mylar in my Sears were worn right through on the disc so I trashed those.