IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

I remember that Super Football screenshot well from my childhood.  While the image is a mock-up there is evidence that programmers at APh did work on a second football game.  And I thought I saw a collection with a cassette tape labelled football.  You'd need a working keyboard component to run it. Although it looks different I wonder if the keyboard component football code was repurposed to the unreleased Super NFL cartridge.

56 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Just received this in the Sunday mail.   Didn’t even know there was Sunday mail.  It arrived with 3 antibacterial masks. ?   

1EDC7724-4A6B-43E6-BAFE-B80F1E95F626.jpeg

That is a very fun game,and a great pickup for you collection. 

Nicely done!?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Just received this in the Sunday mail.   Didn’t even know there was Sunday mail.  It arrived with 3 antibacterial masks. ?   

1EDC7724-4A6B-43E6-BAFE-B80F1E95F626.jpeg

Has anyone played this with 3D glasses? I bought some just for this game but haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cvga said:

Has anyone played this with 3D glasses? I bought some just for this game but haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

I brought some glasses home for this years ago and I dont remember whether I tried it out or not.

I am going to investigate that today,thanks cvga!?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

According to an AA posting from IntellivisionGuy97 back on Feb 24, 2012 he said that when INTV Corp released the game in 1986 the 3-D was dropped.  It was shown as part of Hover Force 3-D at the Jan 84 CES.   

3-D was dropped from the name but it's still a 3D game. Here's a thread discussing it...

Here are some quotes...

The game was made by Mattel to be used with the Georgia-Tech 3-D glasses, but Mattel closed up shop before releasing. INTV Corporation could not afford fancy releases, so they released the game without the glasses, and with cheap assets.

It should work on any system that can display relatively pure red, green and blue, along with some relatively de-saturated colors for neutral depth areas. The technology uses small prisms to deflect red, green and blue by different amounts. (Well, technically it spreads out the whole rainbow, but TVs only give you RGB to work with.) So you get red objects appearing nearer and blue objects appearing further away, and green in the middle.

Plus, Black is neutral, so your eyes will use additional visual cues to give it depth based on context. In Hover Force, for instance, black represents the streets, so intuitively your mind places it below everything else in the background.

It's rather striking that it works so well with such cheap paper glasses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It may need cyan/magenta glasses or magenta/green instead of red/blue. (Yes, there are three different standards of that general style of 3D glasses.). Also make sure to try them "backward," too, as the game might have the eyes reversed from what your glasses are.

Nothing too earth-shattering here, yet it fills two holes I'm my "Sealed" collection. Picked up a GateFold Mind Strike NIB and a Super Video Arcade Sea Battle. One by one my Sear's is getting upgraded to NIB. Nice to find these.s-l1600-2.thumb.jpg.52124ce5bdf9a5ba154f39a97ebd52dd.jpgs-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.048f5842d134c9495941f59a06c6da52.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BBWW said:

Nothing too earth-shattering here, yet it fills two holes I'm my "Sealed" collection. Picked up a GateFold Mind Strike NIB and a Super Video Arcade Sea Battle. One by one my Sear's is getting upgraded to NIB. Nice to find these.s-l1600-2.thumb.jpg.52124ce5bdf9a5ba154f39a97ebd52dd.jpgs-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.048f5842d134c9495941f59a06c6da52.jpg

I know it's sealed, but it's the box really an upgrade?

The Gatefold Fold Box is a serious upgrade. At least for me. Don't remember when I ever saw one on eBay.

18 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I know it's sealed, but it's the box really an upgrade?

10 hours ago, Intymike said:

I have the feeling that the Mind Strike gatefold boxes are pretty common in Europe.

Then they are lucky! Is it the same for other ECS titles as well?

10 minutes ago, BBWW said:

Then they are lucky! Is it the same for other ECS titles as well?

From the 4 ECS games that got a release in Germany (Mr Basic, Scooby Doo, Mind Strike and Melody Blaster) are all but Mr Basic gatefolds. Is there even a Mr Basic gatefold at all?

Two of my gatefold Mind Strike. The shrink wrapped has still the price tag from the German shop. 149 Deutsche Mark.

IMG_6402.thumb.jpeg.26af498d53b8e76694f9bff632d22dcb.jpeg

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Intymike said:

From the 4 ECS games that got a release in Germany (Mr Basic, Scooby Doo, Mind Strike and Melody Blaster) are all but Mr Basic gatefolds. Is there even a Mr Basic gatefold at all?

Mr Basic never was never Gate-Fold. If you have an extra Sealed Gatefold Scooby Doo...PM me. Cash or trade!!