IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

ok, so my copy of Dracula came today.  Everything is in great shape.

The only thing it is missing is the inside of the box, the plastic insert where the cartridge would sit and keep the box nice and firm.  Anyone know where you can buy one of those?  I also presume that they are a standard fit?

thanks

2 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

ok, so my copy of Dracula came today.  Everything is in great shape.

The only thing it is missing is the inside of the box, the plastic insert where the cartridge would sit and keep the box nice and firm.  Anyone know where you can buy one of those?  I also presume that they are a standard fit?

thanks

I'd recommend buying one of the cheaper Imagic titles and swapping it in.

Example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193695080981

If you watch eBay or hit up a local game store, you could probably find a cheaper one.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Link
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Example:

If you watch eBay or hit up a local game store, you could probably find a cheaper one.

thanks, I was thinking I would have to do that.....seems like the way to go.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 11:31 PM, JasonlikesINTV said:

Example:

I wound up buying a cheap Imagic game off eStarland.com   This is a great site for buying retro games, though the selection is limited.  In any event, what I like about them is that if you buy anything from them that is complete, they really mean it. Not only that, they always put the game in a protective plastic clamshell box and then shrink wrap it, too.  The Dracula box now looks great because I have both the inside plastic game holder plus the outside protective case now.

3 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

I wound up buying a cheap Imagic game off eStarland.com   This is a great site for buying retro games, though the selection is limited.  In any event, what I like about them is that if you buy anything from them that is complete, they really mean it. Not only that, they always put the game in a protective plastic clamshell box and then shrink wrap it, too.  The Dracula box now looks great because I have both the inside plastic game holder plus the outside protective case now.

Nice! Pics?

1 minute ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Those look nice!  I'll have to check them out.

what's cool about eStarland.com is that they sell complete in box games, and also loose games with no box, manual, etc.  They are clearly labelled so you know what you are getting, and priced based on how complete the game is.  Reasonable prices, and free shipping over 15 bucks.

• Like 1

It's getting harder to find double labeled carts I don't already have, but persistence paid off with my recent acquisition of Triple Action.  I've seen a few BurgerTimes, but haven't been able to snag one yet.  It's high on my wishlist (along with any others I don't already have).

IMG_20201109_224613.thumb.jpg.0b8052ef0cca792e0a45ad73ab3dd8be.jpg

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Pic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

It's getting harder to find double labeled carts I don't already have, but persistence paid off with my recent acquisition of Triple Action.  I've seen a few BurgerTimes, but haven't been able to snag one yet.  It's high on my wishlist (along with any others I don't already have).

IMG_20201109_224613.thumb.jpg.0b8052ef0cca792e0a45ad73ab3dd8be.jpg

Awesome! I’m slowly getting there myself. 

• Like 1

Just now, fdr4prez said:

Yeah, but why did the factory re-use old carts and simply relabel them?

Well, you see Billy, some people are lazy and they simply re-labeled the carts instead of getting some Goo Gone and clean the old labels off.

and some were to cover over the trademark logos like NFL and MLB, etc

• Haha 1

Just now, fdr4prez said:

Well, you see Billy, some people are lazy and they simply re-labeled the carts instead of getting some Goo Gone and clean the old labels off.

Oh, that's just silly.

I think the real reason is because someone, way back when, thought it would be a nice joke to play on the future collectors of the system.

Completist or bust!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Huh, what’s the point on those cartridges??? Guess I need again some teaching...

Many thanks!

My understanding is that there was some leftover Mattel stock (labels, overlays, cartridges) when Intellivision Inc took over selling Intellivision games.  They weren't allowed to sell components with the Mattel logo, so they produced new boxes, black and white manuals, and black and white cart labels for a majority of their new sales.  Apparently they still had some old stock of carts with Mattel labels, but it was easier to place the new label atop the old colored Mattel one.  It thought it would be fun to see how many I could collect.  They're not worth much, but I enjoy the hunt.