IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Got in a lot from Italy today! Bought it back in December but it's been stuck in USPS. Was getting increasingly worried they lost it. Thankfully, they didn't. Anyway, among the lot was some Kronos Europea hardware, a couple Radofin variants, but let's just go straight to the highlight.

hrp9ShN.thumb.jpeg.e5cae9e0edb5858d509afdf2bc208126.jpeg

It's an Extended Basic! There wasn't a box included in the lot, but I'm not going to complain about that. Secondly, it also included the Italian catalog, which I've been looking for. Missing just two cartridges now.

Edited by EdgeOfPortal
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Got in a lot from Italy today! Bought it back in December but it's been stuck in USPS. Was getting increasingly worried they lost it. Thankfully, they didn't. Anyway, among the lot was some Kronos Europea hardware, a couple Radofin variants, but let's just go straight to the highlight.

hrp9ShN.thumb.jpeg.e5cae9e0edb5858d509afdf2bc208126.jpeg

It's an Extended Basic! There wasn't a box included in the lot, but I'm not going to complain about that. Secondly, it also included the Italian catalog, which I've been looking for. Missing just two cartridges now.

Wow, love it!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Omnibro said:

So I hit garage sales, Craig's List, Ebay, Mercari  and OfferUp for Intellivision  stuff, is there any other outlet that I'm missing?

Local game stores and Facebook Marketplace, but I haven't had much luck on either.  Try shopgoodwill.com.

Also, try here.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Added link
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Omnibro said:

Just picked up a Sylvania model with box (which is a little rough but pretty decent) for $75.  Contemplating using it for trade or keeping it.  Either way stoked to nab this.

20210314_175917.jpg

Excellent pickup for a great price! Sylvanias are notoriously hard to find in box. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Omnibro said:

The Intellivision II is the one I don't have, but those controllers warded me off.  Good price though, I just saw that about 10 minutes ago.  Score for you.

I'm not sure what to do about those number pads. I dont know if the replacement membrane for the original fibrosis would work or not

21 hours ago, 4300 said:

I mainly wanted this to see if there was any way to make the number pad membrane work on the 2

Trying to disassemble Inty2 controllers tends to lead to broken Inty2 controller housings.

I would simply make a Inty2-to-Flashback adapter cable and not destroy a highly sought after Flashback controller.  If I wasn't on a business trip in a hicktown in Mexico with no internet access, i would have grabbed that controller :) 

That being said, the mylar membranes are not interchangeable and I doubt that trying to remove just the outer "keypad" exterior front will fit properly over the Inty2 controller guts.

good luck

I have no plans to destroy it,  I just wanted to see if the original style pad could be made to work in the 2's controller, mainly if the buttons still work with the original style mylar. If it does,  I'll order a set of replacement mylar,  trim/modify as needed. If it doesn't,  it doesn't.  Either way,  I still have a FB controller that I'll probably rewire, or build an adapter for. 

40 minutes ago, 4300 said:

I have no plans to destroy it,  I just wanted to see if the original style pad could be made to work in the 2's controller, mainly if the buttons still work with the original style mylar. If it does,  I'll order a set of replacement mylar,  trim/modify as needed. If it doesn't,  it doesn't.  Either way,  I still have a FB controller that I'll probably rewire, or build an adapter for. 

A rather easy fix is to use a 2609 hand controller, rewire it for use with the Intellivision II cord.  Worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 5:18 AM, fdr4prez said:

Trying to disassemble Inty2 controllers tends to lead to broken Inty2 controller housings.

I would simply make a Inty2-to-Flashback adapter cable and not destroy a highly sought after Flashback controller.  If I wasn't on a business trip in a hicktown in Mexico with no internet access, i would have grabbed that controller :) 

That being said, the mylar membranes are not interchangeable and I doubt that trying to remove just the outer "keypad" exterior front will fit properly over the Inty2 controller guts.

good luck

I ended up making my own replacement membrane.  The intellivision 1 style membrane will work with some trimming,  but the DIY route turned out well enough it's not worth the effort. 

No flashback controllers were harmed in the making of this post.

20210410_105604.jpg

Edited by 4300
  • Like 2