IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2016 at 9:35 AM, intellivotion said:

this is the exhibition of a (lame) variation, that I didn't happen to see reported anywhere

CBS Donkey Kong "white stripes" (po po po, haha)

I believed there was one version, but I was wrong.

The front of the boxes is identical:

post-41160-0-87924800-1483201039_thumb.jpg

The back is not:

post-41160-0-69197100-1483201140_thumb.jpg

Note the different item number (bold)

Back of the International version (code: ICI 241103; 7625-7R1?

post-41160-0-17691300-1483201230_thumb.jpg

Back of the Scandinavian version (code: SCI 241103; 7625-7R2). Credits are identical to ones of the International edition:

post-41160-0-04394200-1483201267_thumb.jpg

Back of the Australian version (code: ACI 241103; 7625-7R3). Credits are different and partially localized:

post-41160-0-23920600-1483201322_thumb.jpg

The boxes have different manuals inside (regular multilingual, multilingual with Scandinavian languages, English for Australian market) and the label of the International version is different too:

post-41160-0-80780000-1483201657_thumb.jpgpost-41160-0-45399300-1483201680_thumb.jpgpost-41160-0-05265100-1483201700_thumb.jpg

Steve, save a bit of space in your TODO folder for this one :lol:

Since you have all 3 Version of these boxes, Would you mind helping out with pictures for the Intellivision Box Picture variant

Data base? I am looking for Hi def pictures of the Front View, Bottom View, and Side views of these boxes.

If they are not sealed, I could also use pictures of the Contents.

Thank You

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 6:40 AM, Intymike said:

Variations within variations. ;)

Funny that Australia got its own international box.

The actual international O410 boxes, were a standard 0410, with white stickers pasted over top. The other boxes, were Radofin with Stickers pasted over.

So no, they did not have their own printed boxes, without Stickers.

1 hour ago, Wizewonathome said:

The actual international O410 boxes, were a standard 0410, with white stickers pasted over top. The other boxes, were Radofin with Stickers pasted over.

So no, they did not have their own printed boxes, without Stickers.

Take a closer look at the international Donkey Kong boxes. One is made for Australia (7R3).

My copy is 7R1.

Edited by Intymike

On 3/11/2022 at 6:20 AM, Wizewonathome said:

Since you have all 3 Version of these boxes, Would you mind helping out with pictures for the Intellivision Box Picture variant

Data base? I am looking for Hi def pictures of the Front View, Bottom View, and Side views of these boxes.

If they are not sealed, I could also use pictures of the Contents.

Thank You

I believe I can do it relatively soon. You need to be a bit patient though for the reason I explained privately

On 2/19/2022 at 11:51 AM, intellivotion said:

I don't think Tron S.S. is particularly rare, even though it doesn't pop up often. I saw it several times on eBay but grabbed one copy just recently thanks to Humblejack

I guess you were right. Lucky enough for to pick up an II copy of Tron Solar Sailer.  One more down. Still on the hunt for Tennis and Frog Bog. 

18379D5E-4734-4A74-8736-7EF3597BD0EE.thumb.jpeg.b82059ed832cfd573f862364d20b5cfe.jpeg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Is there a difference in the carts for Mattel S.S. & Intellivision inc. S.S. ?   I notice that cart in pic has smaller label & is USA.  I have carts of both US & Hong Kong... just curious if one of them is the Intelliv Inc. version.

I can’t say for sure.  I assumed the cart and overlay is the same with only the manual being different.  

11 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Ive had the green line copyright omit version many times. I even sold a couple extras on ebay back in the early 2000s. They were not as rare years ago. I think most are now in collections.

Hope to be lucky enough one day to find a complete set of Frog Bog II…

Would you remember any other II overlays for these games?

INTELLIVISION INC

TITLE       White Label   - Overlays - BOX

Backgammon:    YES     -    TBD    -  YES

Checkers:          TBD     -    TBD    -   NO

Frog Bog:          TBD     -    YES     -   NO

Locomotion:       YES     -    TBD    -   NO

Tennis:              TBD     -    TBD    -   NO

Word Fun:         TBD     -    TBD    -   NO

Tron Solar S.:    TBD     -    TBD    -   NO

To my knowledge, the only ones I can remember for sure from that list was Frog Bog & maybe Backgammon (im just going by recollection.. i dont currently have a set of blacked out copyright Backgammon but i seem to remember having a set many years ago).

The list looks to be accurate as is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

To my knowledge, the only ones I can remember for sure from that list was Frog Bog & maybe Backgammon (im just going by recollection.. i dont currently have a set of blacked out copyright Backgammon but i seem to remember having a set many years ago).

The list looks to be accurate as is.

I just checked and the overlays that came in my CIB I.I. Backgammon are Mattel.  I would guess they don’t exist unless someone can prove otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

I just checked and the overlays that came in my CIB I.I. Backgammon are Mattel.  I would guess they don’t exist unless someone can prove otherwise. 

I would agree.

I may be confusing them with armor battle, night stalker, etc.

17 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hope to be lucky enough one day to find a complete set of Frog Bog II…

Would you remember any other II overlays for these games?

INTELLIVISION INC

TITLE       White Label   - Overlays - BOX

Backgammon:    YES     -    TBD    -  YES

Checkers:          TBD     -    TBD    -   NO

Frog Bog:          TBD     -    YES     -   NO

Locomotion:       YES     -    TBD    -   NO

Tennis:              TBD     -    TBD    -   NO

Word Fun:         TBD     -    TBD    -   NO

Tron Solar S.:    TBD     -    TBD    -   NO

Of these, I've only seen Frog Bog overlays.  Shark! Shark! is the other rare one that comes to mind.

On 3/18/2022 at 1:34 PM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Is there a difference in the carts for Mattel S.S. & Intellivision inc. S.S. ?   I notice that cart in pic has smaller label & is USA.  I have carts of both US & Hong Kong... just curious if one of them is the Intelliv Inc. version.

I don't believe there's an Intellivision Inc specific Tron SS cart, just the HK & USA  variants.

Well, if we talk about rare overlays of rare II boxed games, I would also mention those of Mathfun: I’ve two complete games and they came both with Mattel’s overlays. The one currently for sale on Ebay has Mattel’s overlays, the only place where I’ve seen them so far is on Intvfunhouse…

I would expect, for the boxed II games, also the II overlays.. So, may be, one day the Backgammon ones will pop out!