IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

35 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

I have this Shark Shark II with paper overlays so I think it belongs on the list.

816079004_SharkPaper1.thumb.jpg.ada7a3a99ffa91963d4ab900bb9af746.jpg   1077931702_SharkPaper2.thumb.jpg.fb03e6856cc0e4c3461ef1258f9003b4.jpg

Are the II Shark Shark overlays all paper?  I’m curious as I just picked up a copy with II overlays.  I haven’t received it yet, but they didn’t look like paper on the listing.  

4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Well, if we talk about rare overlays of rare II boxed games, I would also mention those of Mathfun: I’ve two complete games and they came both with Mattel’s overlays. The one currently for sale on Ebay has Mattel’s overlays, the only place where I’ve seen them so far is on Intvfunhouse…

I would expect, for the boxed II games, also the II overlays.. So, may be, one day the Backgammon ones will pop out!

II Math Fun overlays do exist.  

A98B1CB1-BC7D-46E3-92E7-A3B5C5AFEB74.thumb.jpeg.3f19ba9e8e3b9642886f69ed31ead33b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 10:39 AM, Atari_Bill said:

Are the II Shark Shark overlays all paper?  I’m curious as I just picked up a copy with II overlays.  I haven’t received it yet, but they didn’t look like paper on the listing.  

They are not all paper. Mine are plastic:

SharkIIOV - 1.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BSRSteve said:

They are not all paper. Mine are plastic:

SharkIIOV - 1.jpeg

Mine are all plastic as well.

Does the paper version signify an earlier version? (...where they switched to plastic later).

That seems to make more sense since the paper ones are almost non existant. Not down-playing the white out copyright plastic variant. Those are very rare as well.

I think most of the Intellivision Inc Shark! Shark! overlays are the plastic ones.  The paper ones with the greenish background are really rare.  I've only seen a few sets.

International Shark! Shark! Was the hardest,  most expensive, and last one for me of the set.  The others seem pretty common, relatively speaking.

20 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I think most of the Intellivision Inc Shark! Shark! overlays are the plastic ones.  The paper ones with the greenish background are really rare.  I've only seen a few sets.

International Shark! Shark! Was the hardest,  most expensive, and last one for me of the set.  The others seem pretty common, relatively speaking.

I had to order it from France, but the price even with shipping wasn’t bad at all. 

7 hours ago, Intymike said:

Fun Fact: Even as the international Shark! Shark! version was available in Germany there was also the US version with additional German instructions around.  

IMG_8620.thumb.jpeg.4fcb27c9e64437ea51c29c35deeecce1.jpeg

Nice! There are a number of typed German instructions, I know Mike has a fair amount of them. I think I just have Tarmin myself and I'm pretty sure Mike gave it to me. 

8 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Speaking of German instructions...

RO0xVib.jpeg

Got my German Aquarius manuals in. No computer to go with it, but this is a good start. Won them for pretty cheap but shipping to the states was less than pleasant.

Nice. It's funny how I seem to able to convince myself that the ridiculous shipping I pay on some stuff, especially from Europe, "doesn't count" as I justify the purchases. Lol! 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Speaking of German instructions...

Got my German Aquarius manuals in. No computer to go with it, but this is a good start. Won them for pretty cheap but shipping to the states was less than pleasant.

Nice, I have two complete German Aquarius. But I don’t think I have this flyer.

14 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Never seen it either, before winning it. Here's both sides:

As you can see there's quite a lot of text on the back. Not sure what it says though, can't read German.

Thanks a lot. Very interesting. Astro-Mash ;) 

On the text side its the usual computer mambo jambo. The Aquarius helps with the school work and finance stuff. Play games or write your own. Make music. 

• Like 1