IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

• 3 weeks later...

A note of caution if you deal with the Goodwill auction site. I recently won 4 boxed Inty games in an auction from Goodwill. While the games were not mint by any means, the pics didn't look too bad to me. I ended up getting boxed copies of QBert, Tron Solar Sailer, Blockade Runner, and Slap Shot Hockey for a total of around $42. I was good with that. Unfortunately, I found out they wouldn't combine shipping so I ended up paying $20 for shipping from a Goodwill location that was 12 miles away from me. (I've been out of town so I couldn't pick it up locally unfortunately). I figured I was getting enough of a deal that I'm ok eating the extra shipping cost. I got home today and got the package and they shipped in an envelope with no padding ($6 total charge). On top of that each of the boxes were rubber banded up and crushed in because of that. Of course the postal service did a fine job of crushing even more. Absolutely not happy and likely never to deal with Goodwill again.

Edited by Atari_Bill

A note of caution if you deal with the Goodwill auction site. I recently won 4 boxed Inty games in an auction from Goodwill. While the games were not mint by any means, the pics didn't look too bad to me. I ended up getting boxed copies of QBert, Tron Solar Sailer, Blockade Runner, and Slap Shot Hockey for a total of around $42. I was good with that. Unfortunately, I found out they wouldn't combine shipping so I ended up paying $20 for shipping from a Goodwill location that was 12 miles away from me. (I've been out of town so I couldn't pick it up locally unfortunately). I figured I was getting enough of a deal that I'm ok eating the extra shipping cost. I got home today and got the package and they shipped in an envelope with no padding ($6 total charge). On top of that each of the boxes were rubber banded up and crushed in because of that. Of course the postal service did a fine job of crushing even more. Absolutely not happy and likely never to deal with Goodwill again.

I had exactly the same experience from this Goodwill auction. I won Bump 'N Jump and AD&D Treasure of Tarmin and paid $10 shipping since they did not combine. The shipping weight was .8 oz and I got charged $10 when it should have cost no more than $3.50! And it was also sent exactly the same way, rubber banded in an envelope...

I debated about complaining and given we had the same experience I think we should, Bill.

I had exactly the same experience from this Goodwill auction. I won Bump 'N Jump and AD&D Treasure of Tarmin and paid $10 shipping since they did not combine. The shipping weight was .8 oz and I got charged $10 when it should have cost no more than $3.50! And it was also sent exactly the same way, rubber banded in an envelope...

I debated about complaining and given we had the same experience I think we should, Bill.

I did. I don't think it will matter rally, but I sent it . At this point I just regret not finding a way to pick the items up since they were so close. They would have likely still been rubber banded (I think that's how they marked them with a lot number), but at least the post office couldn't have got to them.

I doubt someone will trade a SMB for these three games, well... maybe a loose SMB ^^

If everything arrives in a nice shape I am at 111/125. Just 14 games and still so much money. But I have an epic plan for my last game and hopefully some of you AA guys could help me with that.

You might be right, although a Stadium Mud Buggies recently sold at auction for $150 (missing manual).

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3009290175231?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300929017523&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I meant to bid on it, but missed it. Thought it went low, though. I would be fine with one in similar condition. I have seen Jetsons sell for that much. I always placed Jetsons CIB around $100-180 with an average around $140 in decent shape. Scooby Doo would add another $30. Mr Basic another $10. Just under $200. I suppose I'd have to throw in another game to sweeten the deal. Man, these games are pricey!!! Why can't I just find a copy of the ones I'm missing for $5 at a flea market??? ;-)

Dont complain, at least you are from the USA. There is a Triple Challenge on Ebay and I am not even allowed to bid on it, on the other side I have to pay 20-35$ for each game just for shipping and if I buy a console... no, its not nice ^^

Its much easier to collect Intellivision games in the USA, my only advantage is the strong Euro (also if custom fees equalize that often)

Dont complain, at least you are from the USA. There is a Triple Challenge on Ebay and I am not even allowed to bid on it, on the other side I have to pay 20-35$ for each game just for shipping and if I buy a console... no, its not nice ^^

Its much easier to collect Intellivision games in the USA, my only advantage is the strong Euro (also if custom fees equalize that often)

Don't you have someone here that will bid for you and ship?