IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

Curious ,asking price ?

Didn't check.

Interestingly, this was the only flashback not behind glass. They had a couple of the Sega hand-held flashbacks, an Atari hand-held (maybe?), and one of the Atari Flashback Ns (can't recall which - maybe 7). We were just passing through and I didn't send a minion to the price scanner to check. We were fetching "driving food."

Didn't check.

Interestingly, this was the only flashback not behind glass. They had a couple of the Sega hand-held flashbacks, an Atari hand-held (maybe?), and one of the Atari Flashback Ns (can't recall which - maybe 7). We were just passing through and I didn't send a minion to the price scanner to check. We were fetching "driving food."

Too bad, yup driving food is an important accessory that for sure..

I saw an INTV I along with about 3 dozen boxed games at the local game store today. They want $150 for it. Why do they think it's worth that much?! Where do they get their pricing info from, eBay?

Game stores typically ask a premium since Intellivisions are pretty rare in actual stores. They will also usually clean, test, and accept returns. This could drive the price of the console from ~$40 up to $60+. That leaves $90 for the 36 CIB games, or $2.50 per game. You could do better with a comparable bundle on eBay, but with slightly more risk. That same game store is selling $300-400 Nintendo Switch bundles all day to parents buying them for their kids. Somebody's going to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

let's do the math.

How many B&W Intellivision Inc. manuals of games "complete in bag only" exist?

I remember six:

- Word Fun

- Frog Bog

- Checkers

- Loco-Motion

- Tron S.S.

- Tennis

You mean Intellivision Inc. Word Fun didn't have a box?

Word_Fun_Box_AA.jpg

Huh? :ponder:

• Like 1

it looks like it has one now. Good job!

And the color matches perfectly the I.I. Math Fun

Thanks. I tried to match that reddish-orange on my screen but I don't know how well it will print.

I figured if I'm going to sell this I'd better include something to keep it in ;-)

Speaking of Intellivision Inc manuals, what do we make of this?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2637938392321?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=263793839232&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's a German Checkers with two manuals, one in German and an Intellivision Inc looking one. Does anyone have a German Tennis, Backgammon, Frog Bog, Checkers, or Word Fun with a black and white English manual tucked in the box?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2637938392321?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=263793839232&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's a German Checkers with two manuals, one in German and an Intellivision Inc looking one. Does anyone have a German Tennis, Backgammon, Frog Bog, Checkers, or Word Fun with a black and white English manual tucked in the box?

I assume someone added the english manual when it came to the US. Every thing else looks like the german version. Edited by Intymike

I am out of town again amd returning tomorrow so I will check but I dont believe so.

Those are so wild. Are they Brazilian Atari carts like Digiplay or something? The Pole Position label looks very nice.

There is a documentation about the brazilian video game industry in the 80s. Digiplay was the official right holder of Mattel Electronics. Intellivision was just a small company that made unlicensed copies.

• Like 1

There is a documentation about the brazilian video game industry in the 80s. Digiplay was the official right holder of Mattel Electronics. Intellivision was just a small company that made unlicensed copies.

So they just stole the Intellivision name? Interesting.

I think they used it because Intellivision had a good reputation in Brazil.

I find it interesting how the system seems to have had areas that really took to it like Italy and Brazil. Was it also as big in Germany or are you a rare kind of collector for your region?

I can't say specifically which titles, but I have a memory (false?) of games having an English manual re-wrapped onto a "foreign market" release back in the "Kay-Bee Toys Pile-o-Games fer dirt cheap" days. My theory being that as Intellivision, Inc. sold off the remaining Mattel stock of games, they started printing the cheap English manuals and using them wherever they could and as the Mattel materials ran out, printing up the newer, cheaper runs.

I find it interesting how the system seems to have had areas that really took to it like Italy and Brazil. Was it also as big in Germany or are you a rare kind of collector for your region?

The Intellivision came to late to make a big impact in Germany. It was introduced in mid 1982 and Mattel Electronics Germany was closed in January 1984. The Atari VCS was way ahead when it started and when it ended Germany was becoming Commodore land for at least the next 5 years.

I'm quite an oddball for the other collectors when I bring my Intellivision stuff to the conventions.

Look, what I presented at the EJagFest (European Jaguar Festival) last year.... ;)

post-30718-0-56468900-1531227874_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I can't say specifically which titles, but I have a memory (false?) of games having an English manual re-wrapped onto a "foreign market" release back in the "Kay-Bee Toys Pile-o-Games fer dirt cheap" days. My theory being that as Intellivision, Inc. sold off the remaining Mattel stock of games, they started printing the cheap English manuals and using them wherever they could and as the Mattel materials ran out, printing up the newer, cheaper runs.

It's just such a rare manual that I'm wondering which is more likely.

1). Someone originally bought a normal German version and then later someone (them or someone else) added the rare B&W English manual vs a more common version.

2). Both manuals were originally included. Maybe an English manual was an optional add-on in some foreign markets? Was the German version sold toward the end of the Mattel era?

Finding another foreign market game like this would make option 2 more likely, but maybe someone just tossed it in later. Maybe a collector or game store with a decent stock of stuff realized that the B&W manual didn't go with the normal English Mattel box and just tossed it in here. Group odds with odds and don't contaminate your ends? :ponder:

The Intellivision came to late to make a big impact in Germany. It was introduced in mid 1982 and Mattel Electronics Germany was closed in January 1984. The Atari VCS was way ahead when it started and when it ended Germany was becoming Commodore land for at least the next 5 years.

I'm quite an oddball for the other collectors when I bring my Intellivision stuff to the conventions.

Look, what I presented at the EJagFest (European Jaguar Festival) last year.... ;)

Excellent! Thanks for the insight :thumbsup: