Super Mario All-Stars

RPG's:

Super Mario RPG

Final Fantasy III

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Earthbound

Fighters/Brawlers:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo Alpha Championchip Edition Mk.II Sprinkles and Cherry on Top :P

Mortal Kombat II

Battletoads and Double Dragon

Super Punch Out

Action/Shooters:

Star Fox

R-Type III

Mega Man X

Super Castlevania IV

Other good stuff:

Pilotwings

SimCity

Lemmings

The Lost Vikings

Edited by MagitekAngel

I just got one today from a friend, for a whopping $30.

But I dont have any games, what would people recommend to buy for it?

Donkey Kong Country 2

Super Metroid

Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Secret Of Mana

Super Castlevania IV

Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts

Super Mario World

Super Mario Kart

The more sought-after titles such as "Secret Of Mana" are going to be pricier.

I love Super NES because of its depth. I have seen it said here before and it's true, that you could collect and play only SNES and never get bored.

What people have listed here is basically the "Top 25" or so list of games that everyone should probably own.

Once you get through those and spend a few years exploring SNES you'll find all kinds of solid games that most people would never think to recommend.

For instance, SNES is the undisputed king of beat em ups, one of my favourite genres ever.

Check out games like Final Fight 3, Super Double Dragon and the less obvious King of Dragons, Batman Returns, Combatribes and Alien vs Predator

SNES also reigns supreme with platformers, my favourite genre of all.

Addams Family, Aladdin, Buster Busts Loose, Joe & Mac and Super Bonk all rule

SNES was known for having tonnes of fighters

MK and Street Fighter are givens of course. Look out for C2 Judgement Clay, Fighter's History, TMNT Tournament Fighters, Primal Rage, King of the Monsters,Saturday Night Slam Masters, World Heroes 2 and WWF Royal Rumble

What? nobody mentioned Populous? That's one of my faves. Kablooey is another one not mentioned that is awesome. For a puzzler like tetris, try SSSNakes (I think) Also, TMNT the Arcade game kicks ass (mine useually) Most of what I'd mentione, has already been mentioned, but yeah, any Mario games, Lemmings, Yoshi, Yoshi's cookie, most the FX titles arre awesome too (I like Stunt race, but many rag on it) Doom is very complete, though a bit on the ugly side compared to...well....anything else it was made on (under that actual name, I won't count homebrews and hacks for things like old C64 computers and the such)

The SNES is a gold mine for great titles, there is some crap, but over all, I love most anythiing on there. :)

Edited by Video

Excellent choice on Metroid 2: that alone kept me busy for weeks... but maybe that's just because it doesn't have a goddamn map. :P

Thanks, I thought so too.

Once I get some more cash flow, I have a good list of Gameboy and Gameboy color games to add.

Also I am noticing collecting SNES is alot more costly then collecting NES, Famicom or Genesis. About as much as my N64 games cost me.

Excellent choice on Metroid 2: that alone kept me busy for weeks... but maybe that's just because it doesn't have a goddamn map. :P

Thanks, I thought so too.

Once I get some more cash flow, I have a good list of Gameboy and Gameboy color games to add.

Also I am noticing collecting SNES is alot more costly then collecting NES, Famicom or Genesis. About as much as my N64 games cost me.

Just remember, Color only titles won't work in the SGB, the color/dmg combo carts will though, but if you save on the SGB, it won't play on the color usually without overwriting the save game. Dual carts are black, the color only games are translucent grey. And yeah, having GB support just opens you up to that many more great (and cheap) titles.

I just got one today from a friend, for a whopping $30.

But I dont have any games, what would people recommend to buy for it?

Underated Games:

Space Megaforce

Pocky and Rocky

Sparkster

Wild Guns

Ninja Warrior

Cybernator

Mickey Mania

Gundam Wing: Endless Dual

Super Turrican 2

Power Rangers: Fighting Edition

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel was a kickass fighting game, but isn't it Japanese only? Methinks that would require either a Super Famicom or a hardware mod, and the time, money and patience for importing regardless.

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel is Japanese only. A hardware mod is very simple, though. Just removing two tabs from the cart slot. Time and patience (which is also required for western games), but a complete Gundam Wing: Endless Duel is around 30-45 and is probably cheaper than some US games like Earthbound or Chrono Trigger.

Some games I recommend:

Super Metroid

Super Mario World

Kirby Super Star

Kirby's Avalance/Super Puyo Puyo (JP)

Super Puyo Puyo Tsuu Remix (has 4 player support)

Judge Dredd

TMNT IV: Turtles in Time

Zelda LTTP

Yoshi's Island

Donkey Kong Country 2

Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon (JP)

Tetris 2

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Super Castlevania IV

Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose

Gradius III

Pop 'n Twinbee (JP)