IGNORED

FS: "Sega Rally" 95 Castrol Celica

DaytonaUSA

It's pretty hefty for a car, FYI. They charge 10% or something like that for a reserve fee, and then there's the final fees -- I sold a 1991 Toyota Pickup on there for $2750 a few years ago and the ePay fees ended up being around $450 or so.

Basically you have the person pay an arbitrary "deposit fee" via PayPal and then they can pick it up within 7 days or something. It's pretty easy. I had a $250 deposit due within 24 hours and the total funds due within 1 week, and it was a cakewalk. Guy came and picked it up (he was local) and paid me the rest in the form of a check. Quick and easy!

Cars are a hard market for eBay, though, if you're in a remote location. Nobody wants to pay $2500 to ship a car across the country, so you almost have to get someone local.

Daytona, you sound like me when it comes to certain vehicles. In my case, though, it's anything with a 5.0 or 302 engine. Some days I just can't leave my hands off those things. For a while my old t bird was like that. I always had it tore apart inside adding this or that to it, or I had it in the garage putting the fiberglass back on it.

Great looking car. Best of luck to Mrs Daytona in her job search, too. :)

I got an 2006 Evo MR few years ago, and it still got 15000 miles on it. I don't drive it that much anymore. Before that, I was looking for something like that, very nice car, I bet you get nice comments about it, but now I have the ultimate rally car. I got the Evo shipped for $1000, so shipping is not that bad.

Good luck, and for a payment I would not accept check or money order, just cash or PayPal (PayPal charges around 3% so don't be surprised by it).

Edited by amiman99

Before I know I said that I wish you didn't have to sell it, but I have built my own cars before (okay, fixed up junkers and done my own work, not totally built all the way) but there's a LOT of work that goes into it and it really breaks my heart to see you have to sell it.

I know it's just a car and all, that's not it-- he worked on it himself, laid the graphics down personally, made sure there were none like it anywhere and he hasn't even gotten to own it for a while, either.

Had to get that out, else it would have been forgotten forever.

Nathan

Heh wow viewing the interior of that car brings back memories as I used to own a Celica GT back in 94 which pretty much matched that one.. except the upgrades & paint job of course :) Speaking of the paint job that also brings back memories because I was in Japan a couple years later and hanging out in an arcade. I went up to the top floor and they had about 5 or 6 FULL Celicas all in a row all rigged to play Sega Rally on big screens and race each other! I went to check it out and then realized.. "whoah, that's my car!". I don't think I've ever seen any information on this setup on the net since then.. but yes it was the FULL CAR. Anyway, the paint job was exactly like yours obviously since that was what was in the game. I never realized that until I saw the full blown car in an arcade :lol:

But yeah man.. good luck on the sale :)

Heh.. Sega Rally in the title would have been a smart idea :P . I think I just ran out of space haha.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I wish I could own this for longer, but at the very least, the way I see it is I brought one Celica back from the dead and made it a head turner. One more Celica not destined for the junkyard anytime soon :).

That arcade set up sounds freakin crazy! I really wish I could have seen that! I was there though as a student when I was younger, and I found it absolutely amazing that their car dealerships were on the 7th or 8th levels in downtown city mall buildings. It blew my mind to see them up so high like that. I still remember seeing my first Smart Car, thinking "what the heck is that!" only to see them like 5 years later in the US. The trim I saw I don't believe was ever released here. I still have a picture of it because the design amazed me so much. It was a net mesh seat with black and florescent orange and silver and black body. Was really freakin cool!

I have 6 "watchers" on the auction right now. I guess we can only wait and see what happens as the days progress.

EDIT: I tried to edit the title, and I guess I can't do that. Ah well.

I wish to God I saw this before it went to ebay. I'm very interested, and have cash on hand. But not looking to get into a bidding war. I guess that's what I get for not checking here as often as I should.

You're in NY. How would you plan on picking up the car if I was to sell it to ya?