IGNORED

Metroid Prime Trilogy Discontinued....time to horde!

Rev

The ones i seen in walmart are still 50 bucks :x

My link

from article:

Nintendo recently cancelled their atypical Collector’s edition, Metroid Prime Trilogy, which is comprised of all three Metroid Prime games, with the first two reconfigured for Wii resolution and Wii remote controls. It has been reported that this edition sold just less than 500,000 copies. But with fewer and fewer retail outlets having the game available, the quality of the collectors edition in steel case, and 3 high quality games on one disk, the frenzy to own Metroid Prime Trilogy has truly begun.

As of 12:00 P.M. PST on February 1st, the trilogy (though it can be found for less) was selling for as high as 89.95 for an unopened game on EBay. Nintendo may have to rethink their decision not to release any more of this edition, since it appears that people didn’t know what they were missing until it was too late.

Edited by revolutionika

Supposedly, the following titles are being dropped from store shelves:

Call of Duty: World At War

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Indiana Jones: The Staff of Kings

Disney's G-Force

Nihao Kai-Lan: Super Game Day

Boom Blox Bash Party

De Blob

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Endless Ocean

Not sure what is going on with all these titles suddenly... and seemingly at the same time.... being taken out of production. Sounds like Ninty isn't going to have a "Players Choice" selection of games for the Wii.

Mendon

Not sure what is going on with all these titles suddenly... and seemingly at the same time.... being taken out of production.

"End of life strategy". :-)

I think there's some reading into this in the press where there shouldn't be. Certainly some Wii games haven't sold as well as people expected. At the same time, several of those titles are quite old now. Stores take them off the shelves when the run-rate dries up to make room for new inventory.

Common here and on all platforms ... and has been since the dawn of the industry. :-)

"End of life strategy". :-)

I think there's some reading into this in the press where there shouldn't be. Certainly some Wii games haven't sold as well as people expected. At the same time, several of those titles are quite old now. Stores take them off the shelves when the run-rate dries up to make room for new inventory.

Common here and on all platforms ... and has been since the dawn of the industry. :-)

I don't disagree with you at all. I mainly wonder:

.... why games like Metroid are pulled but games like Pokemon Battle Revolution and Mario Party 8 are still in service. AND AT FULL PRICE! I can't believe that the *current* sales of Pokemon Battle or Mario Party are any better than Metroid.

.... why Ninty isn't using the Players Choice category anymore. Not too long ago, they reduced the price of a game and classified it as a Players Choice game. But now they reduce the price of a game... like Animal Crossing... to $20 with no classification at all or outright retire it such as they did with Battalion Wars and Metroid.

Nintendo must have a battle plan but damned if I can figure it out.

Mendon

This game is the game that gets me to play my wii, the rest is pointless shovelware.

It was a "collectors addition", so they should release it without the tin and booklet and crap and put it in a regular wii box and people would buy that, since apperently the article said that people finnaly realized what they were missing.

This game is the game that gets me to play my wii, the rest is pointless shovelware.

A lot of them actually aren't shovelware. There are some respectable Metacritic ratings in the bunch...

• Boom Blox Bash Party: 86
    De Blob: 82
    Super Monkey Ball BB: 74
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: 73
    Endless Ocean: 72

Lets not throw these in with the likes of Ninjabread Man and Chicken Shoot. I do agree that Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best of the bunch, though! :thumbsup:

Personal-Subjective-Opinions-Expressed-As-Facts-itis strikes again!

I happen to like Endless Ocean, and Call Of Duty World At War.

when i say the rest, i mean the stupid games i have. like big brain acadamey, which i breezed through the minigames in 5 minutes.

wii play, no replay value whatsoever. and other stuff like that.

That sucks, I may pick up a copy, but i'm not a big prime fan, but three games? cool...

The ones i seen in walmart are still 50 bucks :x

Metroid Prime Trilogy, which is comprised of all three Metroid Prime games, with the first two reconfigured for Wii resolution and Wii remote controls.

You mean they DROPPED it to Wii resolution? :P (I don't know what resolution the games play at, but I do know the GC, at least early models, were capable of higher resolution)

It seems the good games never drop in price....but then again, honestly, they shouldn't. I mean, just because a game sells well, a company should stop trying to make as much money as possible? What kind of logic is that anyways?

You mean they DROPPED it to Wii resolution? :P (I don't know what resolution the games play at, but I do know the GC, at least early models, were capable of higher resolution)

You're confused

The GameCube and Wii both output the same resolution, with 640x480 being their maximum.

Are you perhaps thinking of Nintendo removing the component output in the final days of GameCube production?

That made them incapable of outputting a progressive image, but that abiltiy was restored with the Nintendo Wii.

Edited by Atariboy

Target has been cutting back on the number of Wii titles that they will be carrying. They just announced that the following titles will no longer be available once their current stock is depleted:

Mountain Sports

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Active Life: Extreme Challenge

Planet 51

They had already announced that Metroid, Marvel Ultimate Universe 2, and both Call of Duty titles would no longer be stocked.

Mendon

I suppose this makes sense.. I doubt the Metroid Prime Collection sold to their expecations. I mean, 66% of it consists of games you can buy on the Game Cube (and ironically, also play in your Wii).

Personally, because I've never completed any of the Prime series, I thought about shelling out $50 for the collection. I always end up talking myself out of it though with the reasoning being I can buy the original GC Metroid Prime for $6, and its sequel for $10.. And judging by evilBay prices, Metroid Prime 3 alone only goes for about twenty bucks (and I'm sure that will drop in the future).. :ponder: