IGNORED

big Article on Colecovision in RetroGamer Magazine

youki

Its a nice magazine but again its too overpriced here in the US. and the content is usually too UK centric for me so I dont buy the magazine that much. There's nothing much more the good people at the magazine can probably do but I may buy the current issue just for the CV.

I also don't really agree with the "too little too late" quote. Too little what? Games? Compared to what? The 5200? Please.......

Too late? Everyone was too late.

Too little compared to Atari.

In term of size of the company and financial means. Too little to surive the crash.

Atari survived (more or less) , Coleco doesn't. :(

Too late , to become enough big (in term financial means) to survive...

I think if the coleco cames 1 year earlier , it would be different and could have survived a little more.

As for retrogamer price and wait time for North American, I live in Canada and have taken advantage of the new subscription rates for North Americans. I do not know if they still have the "deal" available, but I purchased a 1 year subscription for 80 US, which includes 13 issues. The normal price of the newstand around here is $16.50 Canadian, and the wait time is usually about 6-8 weeks after the UK release

I subscribed like 1 month before that special price, I paid 130$ (80 UK pounds)