IGNORED

Looking for file version of Blue Max cartridge

Mr.Amiga500

I've tried at least 7 different file versions of Blue Max, but they all seem to have the controls reversed - meaning backwards from what I'm used to. I want to pull back for up, forward for down. My Blue Max cartridge has correct controls, but I'd rather have a file version to load on my SDrive (plugging/unplugging cartridges screws up colour on my Atari). I know that I can select the control using Option, but I want the controls correct by default. I've also tried extracting the image from my cartridge, but it doesn't seem to work.

Does anybody know where I can get a file version of Blue Max with the controls like the cartridge version?

Does anybody know where I can get a file version of Blue Max with the controls like the cartridge version?

OPTION -> Reverse Control

Life can be so easy...

Yes, yes, yes. I know that. I said I know that. You saw that I said I know that, so you know that I know... and I know that you know that I know. So why did you say that?

Life can be so easy...

Yes, yes, yes. I know that. I said I know that. You saw that I said I know that, so you know that I know... and I know that you know that I know. So why did you say that?

Because I was to fast reading your post. Sorry about that.

But if you could live with left and right also changed, just turn the stick about 180 deg. ;)

Joking aside: If you don't find a version until Monday, I promise to patch BM to beg your pardon - OK?

Life can be so easy...

Because I was to fast reading your post. Sorry about that.

But if you could live with left and right also changed, just turn the stick about 180 deg. ;)

Joking aside: If you don't find a version until Monday, I promise to patch BM to beg your pardon - OK?

Ah... I see. So you didn't know that I said that I know that... and I thought I knew that you knew that I knew that when actually you didn't know. So now we know. ;)

A patch would be lovely :D. It would allow me to be as lazy as I have become accustomed to. Let me explain my reasoning for not wanting to press Option every time. I like to select a game in the SDrive menu, then sit back and relax on the couch while I wait for it to load. If I had to press Option every time, I'd have to sit there waiting, crouched in front of the computer until the game starts. I'd completely lose that relaxing moment before the hectic madness of bombing buildings and blowing up bridges. (and my own hanger)

So you can see how vital this is.

(Note: I'm not completely serious. I'm not that obsessed with Atari gaming :D)

I was actually thinking of reburning the cart with the controls defaulted the 'proper' way. :D

What?? Are you crazy? Let me put that another way... are you insane??

I hope you never try to fly a REAL plane (...or bomb a real hangar). I'd like to see you get off the runway by pushing forward instead of pulling back. Yeah... see how far that gets you.

:D

I hope you never try to fly a REAL plane (...or bomb a real hangar). I'd like to see you get off the runway by pushing forward instead of pulling back. Yeah... see how far that gets you.

:D

Hehe ;) I'm a long time milsim junkie and have had the controls of a few real aircraft, so I get it. For some reason though in Blue Max having the realistic pitch action drives me nuts.

I've tried at least 7 different file versions of Blue Max, but they all seem to have the controls reversed - meaning backwards from what I'm used to. I want to pull back for up, forward for down. My Blue Max cartridge has correct controls, but I'd rather have a file version to load on my SDrive (plugging/unplugging cartridges screws up colour on my Atari). I know that I can select the control using Option, but I want the controls correct by default. I've also tried extracting the image from my cartridge, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any of these?

Blue Max.zip

Here is a version with reverse control by default. I was so kind a patched it for you. icon_wink.gif

F.

That was very kind. Irgendwer also very kindly patched one for me. Thanks very much guys! :thumbsup::cool::ahoy: (now... which one should I use? Maybe I'll just load both on my SD - I still have about 1.99Gb space left on my 2Gb SD. :D)

Awesome. That was the last game I needed to get on my SDrive.

Hey... that reminds me... if you guys are into patching, maybe you could patch 5200 Centipede (trackball support) for me. Come on, it'll be fun. :D

I posted about it before, but (not surprisingly) was ignored:

I wish it was possible to have a version of this using joystick 2 as the default single player, trackball mode as default.

Let me explain:

Centipede is the only game I play with the trackball. All my other games are played with the joystick. So I always have to unplug the joystick and plug in the trackball... then unplug the trackball and plug in the joystick... and so on. It's a bit of a pain in the ass. Also, the trackball, when in trackball mode screws up the Sdrive menu - causing the cursor to go all over the damn place. So if I have the trackball plugged in, I have to switch from trackball mode back to joystick mode and back again later. Then, in Centipede, I have to hold Control-T - which half the time doesn't work and I have to repeat it.

If Centipede would use joystick 2 for single player (trackball mode default), I could leave both my trackball and joystick plugged in, I would have no problem with the Sdrive menu and not worry about Control-T working. It would be amazingly great.

Please... just think about it. Think of it as a challenge. (...that would benefit me and waste some of your time ;))

Edited by Mr.Amiga500