IGNORED

Are you attending CGE2K10?

Albert

I just figured out that CGE is the day after Blackhat in Vegas, so I'll be there, at least for Saturday anyway! It will be interesting to meet some of the AtariAge folks, looking forward to it.

Yeah, and it's right on top of DEFCON, which is too bad as I'd love to attend that. Oh well.

..Al

I just figured out that CGE is the day after Blackhat in Vegas, so I'll be there, at least for Saturday anyway! It will be interesting to meet some of the AtariAge folks, looking forward to it.

Yeah, and it's right on top of DEFCON, which is too bad as I'd love to attend that. Oh well.

..Al

Wow, I was thinking of grabbing a pass and going to both, but $140 for a door entry is a little steep. Also, I have heard that DEFCON has largely sold out to the man in the last 5 years or so.

I'll be at Blackhat, DEFCON, and CGE. Trying to hit both cons over the weekend will be interesting. Anyone want to share a taxi back and forth? :)

Joe

Did you design the badges again for DEFCON?

Are you by chance bringing any autographed Prototype This DVDs to sell? I know I'd pick up a couple :D

Did you design the badges again for DEFCON?

Yep :) They are currently being manufactured and should arrive on time this year! It's my favorite design thus far.

Are you by chance bringing any autographed Prototype This DVDs to sell? I know I'd pick up a couple :D

I wasn't planning on bringing any DVDs to sell, but if you bring a set, I'd happily sign it :)

Joe

Cool, it'll be neat to see one in person(assuming you wear it down to CGE), I've only seen them online. I liked Zoz's hack from last year, though having all those LEDs that close to your eyes might be distracting.

I'll be sure to do that, thanks!

I am hoping to go. However, if Joe Grand is going to be there selling stuff, I don't know if my wife will allow it. She is still getting over the fact that I bought his Amiga Joyboard and stuffed in my carry-on for the return trip from Portland. Luckily all the 8-bit games and the pre-release Harmony cart are smaller, so she still doesn't know about those...

LOL! I won't have a table there, unfortunately, since I'll be splitting my time between CGE and DEFCON. However, I still have plenty more stuff to sell! PM me if you want my somewhat updated list and I can even bring the items to Vegas for you :)

Joe

I'll be at Blackhat, DEFCON, and CGE. Trying to hit both cons over the weekend will be interesting. Anyone want to share a taxi back and forth? :)

Joe

Abolition Joe, Yo it's Matt from Philly... Shit I had vaca set for the show but no one I knew wanted to go or had the money to go :( . It would of been cool to hang out with ya again. + We just missed each other when I went to San Fran.. Maybe next year bro....

Matt

Abolition Joe, Yo it's Matt from Philly... Shit I had vaca set for the show but no one I knew wanted to go or had the money to go :( . It would of been cool to hang out with ya again. + We just missed each other when I went to San Fran.. Maybe next year bro....

Damn! That's a bummer - it would have been awesome to see you. It's still not to late to get that vacation time and come to Vegas! :P

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

So here is my way too long story.... :ponder:

2010 is a big year for my family. My wife and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary , My son is turning 21 and My wife is turning 50. We were planning to celebrate with a trip to Las Vegas and will be there from July 30th. All this and CGE2010 too ? OK , now that I have bored you all to tears ;) , put me down for a YES for attending ...actually the 3 of us will be there !

Tom The Old Guy

Even more to Celebrate ! (and bore the crap out of the rest of you !) :roll:

Add " My Retirement " to list of BIG things for me and my family in 2010

Ok , I can hear the yawns already. At least wait till I get off !

Tom , The REALY Old Guy

I really wish I'd gotten involved in these forums months ago (I've been lurking for years without an account, sheer laziness). But I shall not be attending CGE this year despite my dearest wishes to go. The Tropicana had a room or two available, but not in the CGE block so it was basically > $400 for two nights, not to mention the airfare when booking this close to departure....

But I am totally in for CGE 2011! I hope you guys have a great time, and post millions of pictures for those of us who couldn't make it!

-Curious Sofa / Greg

I really wish I'd gotten involved in these forums months ago (I've been lurking for years without an account, sheer laziness). But I shall not be attending CGE this year despite my dearest wishes to go. The Tropicana had a room or two available, but not in the CGE block so it was basically > $400 for two nights, not to mention the airfare when booking this close to departure....

But I am totally in for CGE 2011! I hope you guys have a great time, and post millions of pictures for those of us who couldn't make it!

-Curious Sofa / Greg

The Mirage may have some deals check around maybe u still can make it

-Curious Sofa / Greg

Did you call or try the website? I don't think the website is working properly but if you call and use the SCGE710 code they should still have rooms left.

Mitch

Did you call or try the website? I don't think the website is working properly but if you call and use the SCGE710 code they should still have rooms left.

Mitch

Alas, I called a couple of days ago with the code and they said the CGE block is completely filled up, then did a search and basically said if I wanted a room for Friday / Saturday night it was something like $250 for Friday and $170 for Saturday. Plus of course, I didn't get off my butt and get an air ticket far enough in advance to get a super deal (flights to Vegas are the cheapest you can find, unless you're booking for a weekend barely two weeks away because you're lazy like me!). I may try to call again just in case a CGE room either opens up or someone else is working the desk that has a different answer, but it's allright. It's my own fault for such late planning, and I'll be booked _well in advance_ for CGE 2011!

Hooray! My wife convinced me to stop being so frugal and just go, and I'm all booked! The Tropicana had slightly better rates than when I called previously ($200 for Friday night and $110 for Saturday night), and the air was a bit cheaper than last I checked.

So count me in!

I absolutely can't wait to be there!

- Greg

Hooray! My wife convinced me to stop being so frugal and just go, and I'm all booked! The Tropicana had slightly better rates than when I called previously ($200 for Friday night and $110 for Saturday night), and the air was a bit cheaper than last I checked.

So count me in!

I absolutely can't wait to be there!

- Greg

Congrats Greg. I can't wait either. You see, I'm also a CGE virgin. Anyone else?

It's been quite a few years since I made it to CGE... looking forward to seeing old friends as well as new Atari fans! Be sure to drop by the Songbird booth even if you just want to chat about all things Jaguar and Lynx. :cool:

Plus, I am trying to arrange some last-minute goodies which I will make available at the show... stay tuned! :D

Hey!

My wife and I will be attending this year (celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, which happened at CGE2K). We'll be going out via Delta on Thursday around 5 PM (don't have exact numbers with me). Anyone else going to be on the same flight? I'm packing light this time with lots of empty space to bring back fun things.

Harry

I'll be there, and one of those Failsafes has my name on it.

Hey!

My wife and I will be attending this year (celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, which happened at CGE2K). We'll be going out via Delta on Thursday around 5 PM (don't have exact numbers with me). Anyone else going to be on the same flight? I'm packing light this time with lots of empty space to bring back fun things.

Harry

Great, I've added both of you to the list on the first page of this thread. See you in Vegas!

..Al