IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Game 3: Tail of Beta Lyrae

JellE

If anyone's bored I've started a discussion on ttobl on the main forum here. If you're playing the Homesoft Version it doesn't have the 'monkey balls' enabled and is therefore easier, so please try and avoid that one, bit late now I suppose icon_mrgreen.gif

The game's well worth a blast holding down fire, forgetting about the score and getting all that tension out of the system!

1 day to go folks icon_wink.gif

I agree sometimes don't worry about the bean counters (i.e. the score) and just release the tension and go all out firing (But the explosions will be a b_tch)

Whew! This game is really hard! It's more methodical and slow for me....you have to take your time and be strategic about where you're going on the screen and what you're choosing to shoot and not shoot.

19,498 from Cebus (formerly Benjamin Matlock)

post-24585-126577412603_thumb.jpg

Yes, I didn't want my mindless shooter...to be mindless. I wanted to combine the need to react almost without thinking, but to have to think tactically and strategically. Also wanted to not make it a game that you just had a fixed set of terrain and objects (which becomes boring quick once you know where every thing is and thus never surprised at what might pop up)

Edited by Philip Price

Congrats to all who played this three years ago. I do hope you all had fun. Congrats to the real bounty bob for high score!

Woah! thanks that's high praise indeed :) Thanks for all the replies, again really interesting to read :thumbsup: Checkout the current HSC vote (in a few minutes) folks !!