IGNORED

TI-99/4a disk-based CRPG

adamantyr

Some mock-screenshots of the monster statistic screen. Doing stat screens is so memory consumptive, I think I'll have just enough space to get it done!

Fantastic screen shot!

"press any key to return" is so ... old school, I think you can remove it...

Edited by Alekin

Fantastic screen shot!

"press any key to return" is so ... old school, I think you can remove it...

I like providing useful interface messages. Mind you, it's hard to beat Tunnels of Doom. "Select Movement Option" LOL

I'm working to get it to a playable state! I got one more module to code up, and a TON of testing and content generation. There may be a big Christmas push this year...

• Like 3

I like providing useful interface messages. Mind you, it's hard to beat Tunnels of Doom. "Select Movement Option" LOL

I'm working to get it to a playable state! I got one more module to code up, and a TON of testing and content generation. There may be a big Christmas push this year...

If there's a Christmas push, I want it under the tree! :D

• 3 months later...

Looks very cool! Sailing looked scary though, since there was no direction indicator or way to know that you were still moving in any particular direction. Maybe a requirement could be that you need an object like a compass to be able to sail, which would then be visible and point in the direction of travel when on a ship. Just some random thoughts.

Looks very cool! Sailing looked scary though, since there was no direction indicator or way to know that you were still moving in any particular direction. Maybe a requirement could be that you need an object like a compass to be able to sail, which would then be visible and point in the direction of travel when on a ship. Just some random thoughts.

Sailing is out of your control; it's a pre-defined route. That said, I DID notice on the open ocean it's not clear you're moving at all due to the lack of features. :)

I may have to add some little islands or reefs just so you can see movement is still happening to the various transition maps.

• Like 2

Is this going to require SAMS, Adam? This would be the only thing that would get me to buy a SAMS card. :)

Yes, it's a required piece of hardware. Ksarul makes them. :)

A secondary goal was definitely to develop software to encourage adoption of the SAMS card. It's very likely all my TI projects are going to require one going forward.

• Like 1

Yep. I aimed to keep the disks at 180K, but it couldn't be helped.

That's a problem. While new SAMS cards are available, this is not currently the case for DSDD floppy controllers.

So basically this is aimed mostly at IDE, SCSI and TIPI...

I really think you should reconsider supporting DSSD drives even if it means having a pile of disks.

That's a problem. While new SAMS cards are available, this is not currently the case for DSDD floppy controllers.

So basically this is aimed mostly at IDE, SCSI and TIPI...

I really think you should reconsider supporting DSSD drives even if it means having a pile of disks.

The 80-track modification for the classic TI disk controller would also provide you 360K disks.

It isn't a problem of a pile of disks, it's that logistically the game won't work. The program and loading programs consume over 150k by themselves, and there wouldn't be room for saved game data.

• Like 1