IGNORED

TI-99/4a disk-based CRPG

adamantyr

The 80 track mod is accessible.

It is a ROM upgrade, correct? I think Hummingbird EPROMs sells the kit, IIRC.

Yes, it's a spot of work to do yourself, you'll need to know your way around a soldering iron. There's a few of those here. :)

As I'm not a hardware guy, I had arcadeshopper do the mod for me on one as a backup FDC.

That's a problem. While new SAMS cards are available, this is not currently the case for DSDD floppy controllers.

So basically this is aimed mostly at IDE, SCSI and TIPI...

I really think you should reconsider supporting DSSD drives even if it means having a pile of disks.

Well, CF7/nanoPEB too, and lots of people have those.

The 80-track modification for the classic TI disk controller would also provide you 360K disks.

It isn't a problem of a pile of disks, it's that logistically the game won't work. The program and loading programs consume over 150k by themselves, and there wouldn't be room for saved game data.

Got it. Given how cool that game is turning out to be, I'm sure everyone interested will figure out a way to run it :)

• Like 1

That's a problem. While new SAMS cards are available, this is not currently the case for DSDD floppy controllers.

So basically this is aimed mostly at IDE, SCSI and TIPI...

I would include existing CF7, nanoPEB, Myarc floppy controller, Corcomp floppy controller, TI floppy controller w/80 track hardware.. not to mention one could load files onto a ramdisk. :)

The only problem with the nanoPEB and CF7 is that you have no SAMS support there. Maybe the game will prove so popular that Jaime will finally decide to add it.

Oops, Good point. I was thinking SAMS was optional for some reason.

and TIPI

Does the sidecar TIPI have a SAMS add-on or would that be limited to the PEB version

Oops, Good point. I was thinking SAMS was optional for some reason.

Does the sidecar TIPI have a SAMS add-on or would that be limited to the PEB version

Is there a sidecar SAMS? Not yet.. two are coming.. one may even have the 44 pin header on it. TIPI is separate.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is there a sidecar SAMS? Not yet.. two are coming.. one may even have the 44 pin header on it. TIPI is separate.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

What are the sidecar SAMS options you're aware of? I know only of the Tiny PEB... And I know it works because Erik posted a video showing my game running on it. :D

What are the sidecar SAMS options you're aware of? I know only of the Tiny PEB... And I know it works because Erik posted a video showing my game running on it. icon_mrgreen.gif

SDD, Eric is working on one, and now tinypeb..so one will be out sometime.. Adding a TIPI is just adding a 44pin header with the sideconnector signals and provide 5v on it..

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

This is like the torture of Christmas Eve..... You know the present is right there in front of you... you know it's yours and you will be able to play with it.... and yet it is outside of your power to make the day go any faster.

I am waiting in front of my tree right now---- but somehow (unlike the shitty Thundercats toys from my childhood) this one will be worth the wait. :)

Looking great, brother.

• Like 2

it's funny you mention the Thundercats toys- I saw the new ones at GameStop last week while finishing up shopping and i was like 'ooooh, hon check these out!' Mrs. Digdug just kind of sighed, like she always does. lol

bringing back on topic, i can't wait to see this come out! Ultima meets the TI :)

Edited by digdugnate