Jump to content
adamantyr

TI-99/4a disk-based CRPG

Recommended Posts

Looks like I'll have to invest in a SAMS card😆... and a PEB.  Too bad for me there's not a SAMS version of the nanoPEB.  Really amazing looking!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wierd_w said:

I have a large format printer just chillin in one of my work rooms, do you want any large maps printed? I can order some shiny paper.

Well thank you for the offer! I'll let you know. My plan was to get the map printed at Office Depot ($1.18 a copy) and then trim it down from 11x17. It still has to fit inside the 6x9 box with two folds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adamantyr said:

Well thank you for the offer! I'll let you know. My plan was to get the map printed at Office Depot ($1.18 a copy) and then trim it down from 11x17. It still has to fit inside the 6x9 box with two folds.

Meh! over a buck a pop For 11x17!?

 

I would just grab a 22" roll of paper, and print two at the same time. My printer handles up to 36" wide roll. (Or I could order a box of shiny 11x17, and use the sheet feeder, but that would take forever.)

 

Office Depot's online store currently has 24" coated paper roll on sale for around 50$.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/816844/HP-Coated-Paper-Roll-24-x/;jsessionid=0000ExpxUEAwWkjeYxV1SwN4Q31:17h4h7ado

 

I would need to know how many you need to know if I can undercut that 1$ figure. (If I ran out the whole roll, printing 2 at a time and using a paper slicer to cut them apart... I would get 210 prints, assuming no misprints. That comes out to about 25 cents per map, paper cost wise.  Ink is actually pretty inexpensive for this printer, shockingly. Its about 50$ per tank, and each tank holds about a liter of ink. I have brand new tanks installed.)

 

I have some cheap bond paper loaded right now. I am gonna run your small image through waifux2-caffe and scale it up to meet the printer's native resolution and do a test print. See how it looks.

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 1:41 AM, DuaneAL said:

Looks like I'll have to invest in a SAMS card😆... and a PEB.  Too bad for me there's not a SAMS version of the nanoPEB.  Really amazing looking!

 

The 99/5c computer demonstrated at the Chicago Faire this past weekend has an integrated SAMS, 80-cols support via the 9938 VDP with VGA output, SD-based storage and USB mouse, joysticks and keyboard while being 100% compatible with the 99/4A. It's selling at $479.95 (add $30 for a powered case if you need one). Here's the site: https://caddelectronics.com/product/ti-99-5c-bare-metal/

 

In your situation, purchasing a PEB and SAMS, plus shipping, would get you pretty close to that price point. Something to think about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vorticon said:

 

The 99/5c computer demonstrated at the Chicago Faire this past weekend has an integrated SAMS, 80-cols support via the 9938 VDP with VGA output, SD-based storage and USB mouse, joysticks and keyboard while being 100% compatible with the 99/4A. It's selling at $479.95 (add $30 for a powered case if you need one). Here's the site: https://caddelectronics.com/product/ti-99-5c-bare-metal/

 

In your situation, purchasing a PEB and SAMS, plus shipping, would get you pretty close to that price point. Something to think about.

That looks amazing- I really need to make it to the event sometime.  Thanks for the info! I was hoping Fabrice would have his Ti (ny) done, then there is this or stay totally retro-original with the PEB- so many options!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, adamantyr said:

I have sent out the announcement and links to the beta testing team!

Awesome news.  I can’t wait for the full release!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, broettger said:

Awesome news.  I can’t wait for the full release!

Hopefully not too far off...

 

Under normal circumstances with another game, I would just release it and let feedback come in to fix bugs and stuff. But I feel like I need to have a higher quality here, since a CRPG takes a considerable amount of time to complete. I don't want six months from now someone saying "Oh BTW, you can't actually finish it because of this".

 

I've played through the early content on my own a lot, but fresh eyes definitely helps as well to catch particulars I may have missed because I'm too close to things.

 

Much like with Wizard's Doom, I'm going to probably end up tweaking monster statistics and general play difficulty a LOT. I want the game to be accessible but not too easy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...