IGNORED

Classic Gaming Quarterly

Quick! Disable comments!

I replied to his comment and let him know what's what. I think he may have deleted his own comment after that.

What's funny is that if you watch my latest episode, I have a screenshot of a completed eBay listing showing that issue of the magazine selling for like $100. It was KevinCal's listing. Normally I wouldn't take the time to do such a thing, but because of my disdain for Kev, I edited the screenshot to remove any reference to him, his location, etc. because I wasn't about to give him any free advertising. So of course he leaves a comment on the video today (BTW his YouTube "avatar" or whatever you call it is an "eBay Top Seller" icon) letting everyone know that it was his auction, and also that he already did overviews of the first 2 issues of GameFan on his channel. So I respond basically telling him that I edited the shot, why I edited the shot, that he long ago burned his bridges with me here on AA, that he was basically unwelcome on my channel, and that if he went into a standard "KevinCal" meltdown, that I would just delete his comments and block him. Then I clicked the deal to "hide" his comments thinking that it would only hide his comment from the public, but it hid it from me as well. So I un-hid him (this was maybe an hour later) and his comment was still gone. So hopefully I scared him off.

I like to think that I am a pretty nice guy but he is one of the few people, if not the only person, that I've met online that I truly dislike. He is really not a good person (at least when he's behind a keyboard), and at least as far as I've seen his online persona has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 5/14/2014 at 11:29 AM, CGQuarterly said:

I just posted reviews of Seaquest and Keystone Kapers for the Atari 2600, and Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers and T&C Surf Designs Wood & Water Rage for the NES.

A few years late but I just watched your T&C Surf Designs review.  I know that this is one of the few NES titles you acquired brand new and you've made reference to this game on the forums several times over the years.  I also noticed that you even commissioned Steve Nazar to do some t-shirt artwork for you.  Very cool.

I never had this one as a kid but I did rent it a few times and it's a game I did like (or at least wanted to like) back then, although like pretty much everyone I had a tough time with the surfing.  When FuncoLand appeared years later, I eventually acquired a used copy and played it quite a bit until I kinda sorta got the surfing down to a level where I could at least make it to the shore on a regular basis.

I was inspired to start playing it again a few years ago after Steve Nazar relaunched "Da Boys" via Thrilla Krew, and after I saw this video...

Using the tips given in this video, I was able to completely master the surfing after a lot of practice over the course of a couple weeks.  I can now do all kinds of tricks, jump over the seagull, pick up most of the bananas, and pretty much surf almost indefinitely.  If you haven't watched this video, I'd highly suggest giving it a look to get maximum enjoyment out of this game.