IGNORED

Boxed Coleco Adam Computer

Yurkie

This belongs to my neighbours, they are a retired couple. They asked me if I wanted it since I had shown them my Mario Bros. Controller set and we are friendly. I said I wouldn't feel right taking it but would sell it for them. They bought it for their son brand new and it had been packed away for many years. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work. I hooked it up and the printer made a return noise and the keyboard LED lights up, but I could not get it to work. I looks like everything is there and it is SUPER AWESOME cosmetic condition. Has the original plastic bags and Styrofoam. Also has the basic tape, buck rogers tape and 2 original blanks and 2 maxell computer data tapes.

Like I said I couldn't get it too work and it probably needs repaired. I will ship it either FedEX or UPS at my expense. I am asking $200 total shipped for it. I am going to put the entire Adam box in another box so it arrives safely. Here are pics.

post-23318-126592332285_thumb.jpg

post-23318-12659233492_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126592336935_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126592339741_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126592343572_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126592345676_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126592348902_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126592351949_thumb.jpg

post-23318-126592354614_thumb.jpg

Shipping alone will cost around $200! ;)

The ADAM is a rather underrated system. Even if you don't care for the handful of ADAM specific games that were released you can always use it as a Colecovision that has composite out. That's what I generally use mine for. :)

Tempest

I want the expansion module one boxed. I only have it loose. That printer is a bane, as you have to have it hooked up to use it as the power supply for the main computer.

You don't need the printer for the expansion one?

I kind of wanted to keep it, but I am afraid it would cause me to become a collecting fanatic. Plus I never had one as a kid, and it is in such fantastic shape, I thought that it deserved a home with a collector that will really appreciate it. Be a shame for some idiot to get it and try to repair it and it end up in a landfill after being so well cared for all these years. I know there are quiet a few very competent repair people, or people on here with friends that could fix it. I about crapped my pants when I saw it boxed with the Styrofoam and bags around the components.

I want the expansion module one boxed. I only have it loose. That printer is a bane, as you have to have it hooked up to use it as the power supply for the main computer.

Yeah you do. Expansion #3 is the same as the standalone except for the console which is shorter because it doesnt have the CV board and cartridge slot. You plug the CV into the back, the tray that holds them together covers up the CV power supply connector and the printer powers the lot.

Yeah you do. Expansion #3 is the same as the standalone except for the console which is shorter because it doesnt have the CV board and cartridge slot. You plug the CV into the back, the tray that holds them together covers up the CV power supply connector and the printer powers the lot.

Bah, lame. I would have been all over it if that were the case.

Boy does this bring back memories. I remember the Kay*Bee at the Hawthorne Mall growing up had a stack of them nicely displayed above their cash registers. I remember looking up at them in wonderment, thinking how cool a complete computer system w/ printer for $600 or less was! Those tape drives are especially awesome. IIRC, don't they store data digitally vs. all the others on the market at the time?

I guess I will take $150 for it. I want it to have a home with a collector that will take care of it like it has been for the 25+ years. I figure I can ship it for $50 or less including the cost of shipping supplies. If someone buys this and has it repaired I would love to hear about it.