IGNORED

Flashback walkthru assistance

atarijagplayer

I cannot get anywhere in Flashback after picking up the holocube. I usually get boored or die by accidentally falling.

Does anybody know if there is a Jag-specific walkthrough on the internet, or know what to do next? I seem to find the Genesis/Saturn walkthroughs but never Jag. Are all versions exactly the same?

Thank you all for your time!

In relation to any differences, Wikipedia states:

"By default, the DOS version has an extended introductory sequence and more minor cut scenes than the Amiga version, such as when picking up items. In the Amiga version, the user can see these scenes by enabling them (although with few seconds of delay every time the animations load) or by playing the game entirely from the hard drive. The Amiga version also had an option to zoom in on the action whenever Conrad opens fire. Due to criticism of the look, it was removed from all other versions. The message that Conrad writes in the ending was also different in this release.[6] The game was originally released on 3.5" floppy disk for MS-DOS. Re-releases on CD-ROM for 3DO, CD-i, PC, and Sega CD featured redone cinematic FMVs with audible dialog and sound. The Sega CD port also has voice work for gameplay and CD tracks for each level. The Jaguar port has the title screen that these ports have, but the music is different and the look of the title screen is all that it has from the CD releases.

In North America, the Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo and Sega CD versions featured a Marvel Comics comic book within the manual in order to explain the initial story. The PAL Sega Mega Drive and Super Nintendo releases (There was no Mega-CD version.) omitted the comic and instead featured a textual prologue.

The Super Nintendo port was also censored, with New Washington's bar becoming a cafe and Death Tower being renamed Cyber Tower.

There was also a version of Flashback which included CGI cutscences, called 'Flashback: Enhanced'."

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by dreamcastrip

To answer your question a little bit better--No, as far as I know, every version of the game is the same in terms of the actual gameplay and level design/setup. The walkthroughs for any other version will work on this one.

A quick, vague walkthrough on the first map: Grab the holocube. Work your way to the right from there. Eventually fall down a few screens to come to a junction where you can go left or right. Going left takes you to a bridge-less gap. First go right instead of left--You will eventually come across a man who is stranded/wounded. Along the way you will find an item (possibly getting it from him) that will power a bridge across the gap I described before. Make sure you charge the item in the charger along the way (it's next to an elevator, you can't miss it), then use it at the gap. It will bring up the bridge.

Anyways, that's about the first half of the first stage. Hope that gets you kick-started in being able to figure out the rest. :)

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

I cannot get anywhere in Flashback after picking up the holocube. I usually get boored or die by accidentally falling.

Does anybody know if there is a Jag-specific walkthrough on the internet, or know what to do next? I seem to find the Genesis/Saturn walkthroughs but never Jag. Are all versions exactly the same?

Thanks for all your input! This helps alot!

The full Jaguar Flashback walkthru is available in the; Official Jaguar Gamers Guide Book. It's around here or there probably Amazon has 'em cheap - pick one up, it's a cool book. I would post the pages but I don't want to violate the books' copyright.

Look for Flashback walkthroughs for the other platforms it's on, Amiga/Genesis.

Thanks again! The game is as cool as the critics say! Its all about making that one jump and then shooting that robot! Excellent!