IGNORED

Atlantis II

sharkman009

I have a Atlantis II game cartridge. I recieved this after competing in the Escape from Atlantis competition. I think it was back in the late 70s. I believe it is pretty rare as there were only a dozen or so made when it was sent to me. Does anyone know how rare this game is?

Oh its legit allright. I stayed up for two days playing the original to get to the Bermuda play off. I dont have the snorkel set or the t Shirt that came with it.

It is very very very rare and depending on what kind of documentation you have (and believe it or not, even the box it was shipped to you in) the value can increase incredibly.

If you have no documentation, and were looking to sell it, you would have to open it up to prove it is the real deal because they can be fairly easily duplicated by those that know how.

If it is proven to be legit though, and depending on the documentation, you have an incredibly rare gem worth $,$$$.$$.

Welcome aboard, sharkman.

The Atlantis II cart is extremely rare indeed.

Do you still have the box or any documents?

8)

I dont know if I still have the letter. I have the game with the box but I dont have any of the other things that came with it. They had sent us a t shirt, a snorkel set and a couple of other things. If I had only known back then how rare it would be I would have held onto all of that stuff.

that's what i always say to myself when i see darth vader and his telescoping lightsaber on ebay icon_rolleyes.gif

Or when I tore apart my original Snowspeeder and Cylon Centurion to get the lights out of them.

I liked playing with electrical stuff.

I did the same to mine!icon_mrgreen.gif

I think I used the lights for my train track or a toy gun.icon_ponder.gif

If I had only known back then how rare it would be I would have held onto all of that stuff.

that's what i always say to myself when i see darth vader and his telescoping lightsaber on ebay :roll:

You mean like my 1977 Darth Vader action figure (see attached)? Sadly this is the only piece of Star Wars history I have from my youth. The rest of my stuff was sold off at various garage sales (Thanks Mom).

As for Atlantis II, from my experience, it's just like the original Atlantis except for the scoring (1 point verses 100 per shot) and the font used in the score. Indeed rare. I continue to check every night label version of any Atlantis cartridge I find to see if I've found a golden ticket. I'd still like to have one myself... I might be willing to trade my Darth Vader for one :)

post-24438-126620751395_thumb.jpg

As for Atlantis II, from my experience, it's just like the original Atlantis except for the scoring (1 point verses 100 per shot) and the font used in the score.

Yes, these are the only differences I remember. I built myself a reproduction Atlantis II cartridge using a Frogger donor, just so I could play it on a real system. I've certainly never seen an original, and I think the only Parker Brothers cartridges I've ever seen in the wild (labeled or not) have always been Frogger.

I built myself a reproduction Atlantis II cartridge using a Frogger donor, just so I could play it on a real system. I've certainly never seen an original, and I think the only Parker Brothers cartridges I've ever seen in the wild (labeled or not) have always been Frogger.

Atlantis II came on a Parker Bros cartridge?

I built myself a reproduction Atlantis II cartridge using a Frogger donor, just so I could play it on a real system. I've certainly never seen an original, and I think the only Parker Brothers cartridges I've ever seen in the wild (labeled or not) have always been Frogger.

Atlantis II came on a Parker Bros cartridge?

No, it uses a standard Imagic cartridge shell.

You mean like my 1977 Darth Vader action figure (see attached)? Sadly this is the only piece of Star Wars history I have from my youth. The rest of my stuff was sold off at various garage sales (Thanks Mom).

:-o

is the lightsaber telescopic? or is it just out of one piece?

if this is the telescopic saber that u can pull in and out, you have a 6000$ darth vader! :ahoy:

Edited by jahfish